PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix - it's back

darklord55

PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix IV is here. Yep, it's bigger and better than ever before, with a £12,000 WSOPE Main Event seat as the grand prize. There are also plenty of cash prizes along the way in PokerPlayer's flagship freeroll series, and ten, count them, ten PokerPlayers to hunt down - including PL's own, and reigning champion, msaban. First freeroll: 19 November. For all the details: http://www.pokerplayermagazine.co.uk/pokerlife/betfairgrandprix/

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix - it's back ...and that kids, is why you should never have your picture taken after having drunk several glasses of vodka and redbull. I know youve got lots of experience of trying to take me out with crap cards sharpy, so I'm looking forward to you givng me all your chips in this aswell ;)

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix - it's back Spotted in the small print :ok

Bonus tournament We’re also running a bonus event after the first deep-stack tournament. The top 100 players on the leaderboard at this point will be invited to play in a one-off $20 freezeout, with a 100 percent overlay. No points will be on offer for this tournament, just cash.
Anyone got the latest sub copy yet? Due in the shops Thursday, but dont think mines arrived yet....

• 3 weeks later...

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix - it's back

Betfair Grand Prix IV Freeroll 1 Grand Prix IV Freeroll 1 attracted 825 runners, seven PokerPlayers, and was won by LaticsBlu
By Chris Marais November 2007
The PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix returned with a vengeance in its fourth incarnation on Monday 19 November, attracting a staggering 825 runners. That’s right, a massive 825 players gathered to contest this first freeroll, with cash and coveted Leaderboard points on offer. There are also ten PokerPlayer bounties available this time around, further juicing the Leaderboard, with five points available for a PokerPlayer knockout. Seven out of the ten PokerPlayers made it for Freeroll 1, so there was still plenty to go round for eager bounty hunters. K_Unknown, darklord5, KillHill, HillyFish, MrSmiles, derbyred and Shafty78 (playing incognito for some reason) were all present and correct, and as the clock ticked to 8pm it was game on. A slowish start for darklord5 on Table 69 saw him collect a few chips early on, with continuation bets in position paying off particularly well. Big Slick hit a couple of times, and then absolutely nailed a K-K-A flop, unfortunately no one was interested in the continuation bet this time, and so no big payday. Chips started to dribble away after getting involved with middle pairs and not hitting, notably being pushed off a big pot holding 9-9 by CardShrk. Moved to a new table, and with the bounty hanging heavy over darklord5’s head, every raise was being called. With the blinds at a still early 50/100, and with 1,500 left in chips, darklord5 pushed on a Queen high board with 6-6. The move looked OK and representing strength, but he was called by RNC885 holding K-Q for top pair. Not great, first PokerPlayer out in 494th. Next to swim out of the tournament, exactly 100 places, later was HillyFish in 394th. Then it was the turn of K_Unknown to fall. In his own words: “I was doing well until I decided I wasn’t going to lay Queens down, despite a King coming down on the flop and my opponent betting out heavily. Not sure what I thought he had, but I re-raised him all in and he flipped Kings to leave me pretty much drawing dead.” “That crippled me and I finally went out when Tommern slow-rolled my all-in eventually flipping A-Ks for the bounty. Did I think he was seriously considering folding? Nope, seeing as he’d called every single pot I went into with rubbish.” That left Grand Prix virgins KillHill, MrSmiles and derbyred, as well as Grand Prix III’s PokerPlayer Leaderboard winner Shafty78, still in. First to bust was MrSmiles in 305th, and then KillHill in 150th. And she admitted: “like a child, I just made sure all the PokerPlayer lot were out before I departed, then went all-in in pretty early position with A-3 when the blinds went to 300-600.” “Everyone else folded and steve2869 made a good call, his A-4 narrowly pipping my hand. The pot looked like it was going to be split with an A and everything higher than our kickers, until the river brought him the 4.” “I'd also like to point out, I don't really want to kill Steve Hill, just maim him slightly.” Thanks for that Shelley. Congrats go to LaticsBlu who won the whole shebang, $280 and most importantly the automatic seat to the Live Final. Honourable mention also to Slik Mik, Grand Prix veteran, who claimed second place and the maximum 35 Leaderboard points.
Points 1st: Straight to final 2nd: 35 points 3rd: 32pts 4th: 29pts 5th: 26pts 6th: 22pts 7th: 19pts 8th: 16pts 9th: 13ptsv 10th: 11pts 11th-20th: 9pts 21st-30th: 7pts >30th: 5pts Knocking out one of the ten PokerPlayers: 5pts Knocking out the leader of the PokerPlayer Mini-League: 10pts