Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars

Beejayville

Thought I would check out KidPoker(Daniel Negreanu) on Shark Scope to see how he has fared in tournaments there. Don't think he has been a member of Team Poker Stars for long though.

Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Network Filter KidPoker 7-$547 $1,058 -3%-$3,832 -PokerStars x
Recent Results
GameIDDate (PST)TypeEntryFeeEntrantsProfit
59891153 1-Sep-07 09:57 TURBO NL Holdem $5,5002-$5,600
56876692 29-Jul-07 22:51 TURBO NL Holdem $2109$720
55245401 14-Jul-07 16:00 TURBO NL Holdem $1,0509$1,735
55466195 14-Jul-07 15:26 TURBO NL Holdem $5259-$555
55245098 12-Jul-07 02:26 NL Holdem $1009-$109
54918825 8-Jul-07 13:41 NL Holdem $209-$22
53573781 23-Jun-07 03:29 NL Holdem $19-$1.20

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars lol @ JJ!! He's not a big supporter of Pokerstars is he? I suppose he plays more cash than STT...... I dont read anything into the fact he's losing either - too few games to draw any conclusions - the loss is entirely accounted for by one HU game....

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars Dan is a notoriously bad internet player, it's well known he lost a lot of money on FullContact and since he's been on PS the figures in the first post show he's losing in tournaments, but i also see him losing at cash when he's there also. He's also lost a lot of money on high stakes poker and hasn't consistently won tournaments for a long while, and if you've seen this seasons high stakes poker you'll see Negreanu not play his usual loose self, and Farha even says to Dan he's playing scared. From an outsider's PoV everything points to Dan not being in the best financial health of his career, but he still must be rich as it's pretty hard to lose $8m.

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars Chucked Kidpoker into Poker-Edge ... this is the basic report:

Pre-Flop Tendency: LOOSE - The Poker-Edge software automatically color codes loose players in GREEN for easy identification. Player Type : You are a Bomb (Aggressive/Aggressive). Your Aggressive play Pre and Post Flop makes the table fear you. The Poker-Edge software shows you the Bombs by placing an icon next to their name at the table! Strengths: Your aggressive nature is your biggest strength. You win many pots on bluffs and semi-bluffs. Weaknesses: As a loose player, you are often behind when you enter pots. You will end up in dominated situations against better players, and unless you have excellent judgement they will take your money. Your biggest weakness is you sometimes lack discipline. Your aggression is unwarranted sometimes. People slowplay or check-raise you because they know you will bet.
They do have this advice for him though :tongue2
Best Advice: Tighten up your starting hand requirements. Work on your discipline, and you will be a shark.

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars

Farha even says to Dan he's playing scared.
In fact SF went as far as to suggest that DN must be playing with someone else's money, and thats why he's playing so tight. DN objected to this and said he was definitely playing with his own... but he seems to have changed his style dramatically. He admitted prior to the WSOP that he was broke, although I can't find the link right now. If his final hand at the WSOP 2007 main event is anything to go by (and its only one hand, so its no example) I'm not surprised: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZywZ4kGSmI (starts about 3.5mins in) Spoiler: He calls an all-in when he's way behind (and should have known he was behind) God knows I'm no expert, but I was amazed when he called :spank

• 1 month later...

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars What a good site, never heard of poker edge. This is what it says about me Pre-Flop Tendency: SEMI LOOSE - The Poker-Edge software automatically color codes neutral players in BLACK for easy identification. Player Type : You are a Bomb (Aggressive/Aggressive). Your Aggressive play Pre and Post Flop makes the table fear you. The Poker-Edge software shows you the Bombs by placing an icon next to their name at the table! Strengths: Your aggressive nature is your biggest strength. You win many pots on bluffs and semi-bluffs. Weaknesses: Your biggest weakness is you sometimes lack discipline. Your aggression is unwarranted sometimes. People slowplay or check-raise you because they know you will bet. Best Advice: Work on your discipline, and you will be a shark.

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars I've just checked mine. On Full Tilt I'm the same as AJ, yet on Poker Stars I get: Pre-Flop Tendency: LOOSE - The Poker-Edge software automatically color codes loose players in GREEN for easy identification. Player Type : You are a Calling Station (Loose-Passive/Passive). The most unprofitable player type! Have a seat at my table, please... The Poker-Edge software shows you the Calling Stations by placing an icon next to their name at the table. Enjoy taking their chips. Strengths: You don't have many strengths... except... you cannot be bluffed! That's for damn sure. Weaknesses: As a loose player, you are often behind when you enter pots. You will end up in dominated situations against better players, and unless you have excellent judgement they will take your money. As your name suggests, your biggest weakness is you call too much! Good players will repeatedly bet into you or raise you for value. You rarely bet your winning hands either, so you don't get paid off and you give other players an easy way to catch up. You are almost always unprofitable. Best Advice: Tighten up your starting hand requirements. Stop calling so much. Stop chasing the long shot draws. Fold your weak hands, and bet or raise your strong ones. Be more aggressive! :lol

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars And then on Mansion I get: Pre-Flop Tendency: TIGHT - The Poker-Edge software automatically color codes tight players in RED for easy identification. Player Type : Congratulations, you are a Shark (Tight-Aggressive/Aggressive). Your Tight-Aggressive PreFlop play and Aggressive PostFlop play will earn you great profits at the Poker Table. The Poker-Edge software clearly shows you the Sharks by placing an icon next to their name at the table so you can aviod confrontations. Strengths: You are selective with your starting hands, giving you an edge over looser players. It's hard to tell when you are bluffing because you are always aggressive. You are on the winning side of a majority of your showdowns. Weaknesses: As a shark, you have few weaknesses. You may get bored from winning all the time. Best Advice: Get an elbow brace so you don't develop arthritis from dragging in all those pots. I can't play that differently depending what site I'm on, surely!?

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars I only really used to play the daily $100k on Mansion, which I probably played a little (but not a great deal) tighter than normal. But other than that, I don't think I play any differently. The only difference between the sites is that I probably play more STT's on Full Tilt, although with my terrible run over the past week I'd have put them the other way round! I won my WSOP seat on Poker Stars, and I certainly wasn't a calling station then!! :lol

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars There's a growing trend amongst pros and amateurs that players like DN was massively over-hyped, by himself mainly. I keep reading comments by Pros who refer to over-hyped american players who sell themselves constantly but don't get the results on the table, it seems they're talking about players like DN, the magician, to a lesser extent Hellmuth (outside of his bracelets obv. ;)) . DN used to be my favourite player but since reading a comment in his blog about how he didn't want to go to london for the WSOPE or the EPT because he wanted to work on his golf swing, it really annoyed me, although he did end up going to both it's clear he likes to sell himself as a product without getting the results to back it up now as it's showing with his worsening financial health TBH i'm just so bored of him and his american commercial cronies.

Re: Daniel Negreanu tournament history on Poker Stars I recently watched High Stakes Poker Series 2 and I thought he played like a fish. He was unlucky in that about 3 times he flopped the nuts only to get rivered. The trouble was he knew he had been done but he payed the opponent off everytime. He would have saved himself about 500k if he had put down the hand. We all know it hurts but it is the difference between being a good player and a losing player.