STT the Staffy Way (Current bank €145)(€500 withdrawn)

staffy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: STT the Staffy Way (Current bank €578.84) Hi Staffy i am an infrequent poster these days, but have been following the progress of yourself and GaF, and your last comment had prompted me to post. I play on BOSS, and typically play the 10 Euro STT's - am pretty sure we have shared the same table once or twice in the last few weeks, looking through the tables you have posted, you have put some serious hours in - like 10 hours straight playing. I have to be honest, I could not dream of being able to stay focussed for that long - a couple of hours tops is enough for me. Personally I think your decision to stick at a single level (dependent on roll) rather than moving down the levels during the session was the right one, and I am sure that after a couple of days break you will come back raring to go again. I think that possibly you haven't got over the bad session you had and hence the move to faster games to try and regain the momentum (no offence intended). Maybe just like your original system had in effect a 'stop win', your tweaked system nneds to incorporate a 'stop-loss'. cheers 2damn

Re: STT the Staffy Way (Current bank €578.84)

Hi Staffy i am an infrequent poster these days, but have been following the progress of yourself and GaF, and your last comment had prompted me to post. I play on BOSS, and typically play the 10 Euro STT's - am pretty sure we have shared the same table once or twice in the last few weeks, looking through the tables you have posted, you have put some serious hours in - like 10 hours straight playing. I have to be honest, I could not dream of being able to stay focussed for that long - a couple of hours tops is enough for me. Personally I think your decision to stick at a single level (dependent on roll) rather than moving down the levels during the session was the right one, and I am sure that after a couple of days break you will come back raring to go again. I think that possibly you haven't got over the bad session you had and hence the move to faster games to try and regain the momentum (no offence intended). Maybe just like your original system had in effect a 'stop win', your tweaked system nneds to incorporate a 'stop-loss'. cheers 2damn
Good to see you posting mate. I think on my days off I do play to much to be honest and dont stay focused. I also think at the moment I am playing bad poker and just need to work out why. I know people will say i'm tilting but as far as I am aware thats not the case I just get on with playing and move on.

Re: STT the Staffy Way (Current bank €578.84)

I know people will say i'm tilting but as far as I am aware thats not the case
Everyone tilts - just for some, the impact is greater than for others..... I dont think many people actually know when they are tilting - the impact need only be minimal to make a large impact....... I'm not saying that you are tilting - I dont have enough information to make a judgement either way, however, I'm not sure you should peclude the possibility ...... you do post more bad beats on PL than most, which gives the implication that the impact is greater on you than most....

Re: STT the Staffy Way (Current bank €588.84) I post most badbeats not because they bother me, maybe because I need reassurance that I made the right play. If im honest my problem is not the poker its other stuff in my head at the moment. Poker is a release from a few things and I'm not sure if i care if I win or lose. This is not good for poker but I need the release.

Re: STT the Staffy Way (Current bank €588.84)

If im honest my problem is not the poker its other stuff in my head at the moment. Poker is a release from a few things and I'm not sure if i care if I win or lose.
Good to recognise the real issue and talk about whatever it is (not on the open forum, but to someone you know and trust). Take a break, have a chat with someone and comeback when you feel comfortable. However, i'm crap at giving advice :$ So i'll revert to my normal strategy and ask Gaf who posts the most bad beats? :tongue2

Re: STT the Staffy Way (Current bank €588.84)

Good to recognise the real issue and talk about whatever it is (not on the open forum, but to someone you know and trust). Take a break, have a chat with someone and comeback when you feel comfortable. However, i'm crap at giving advice :$ So i'll revert to my normal strategy and ask Gaf who posts the most bad beats? :tongue2
Cheers Nade. PL keeps me going and helps me forget the problems. Better than drinking I guess.

• 1 month later...

Re: STT the Staffy Way (Current bank €588.84) OK. Started to play a bit more poker recently. Just to update you. My bank went to €600 so I decided at the moment that was my limit. I withdrew €500 and started again with €100. I have been playing the €3 games and I am now up to €145. I will move up to €5 games when I hit €150 so not long to go.