Live Tournaments - why dont PL turn up?

BAM

I am just wondering why PL members don't seem to play live much but in particular the APAT tournies. I think at any form of gambling you need to constantly strive to find good value situations. There are some great online poker players on here who would definitely have an edge in live games but never seem to play these value tournies. The APAT events generally have about £4000 added thats $8000k added for a 200 runner event something you would normally snap at online, why wouldn't you try and play in that live? The only reasons I can think are buy in and distance, the £75 buy in is extremely reasonable and should be well within the bankroll of most players on here, if its not, there is something wrong with your bankroll management, if you dont believe you can play at that level, believe me you can and you will never move on with poker if you do not advance to the next level on a regular basis. Distance may be a problem but the tour does visit most places and with the exception of a couple of members who live in the western or channel isles you should be in driving distance of one or two games. I went to Luton and there was 2 PL there whilst other, less established and even less known forums had healthy contingents of a dozen or more. I think there are 3 of us going to Walsall - these poker rooms are not off the beaten track, they are central for most people. I was also slightly amused at the lack of interest in the Blackpool team event this week as PL can't scrape a team together and we have to rely on family and friends to make our team up. Yet two other forums with a lot less members and traffic than PL get two teams together each and have others in reserve. I'm not having a go, criticising anyone, being big headed/holier than though/arrogant bastid (this time anyway). I am just trying to understand the reasons why good PL poker players dont play live, please help me understand.

Re: Live Tournaments - why dont PL turn up? I will be in Walsall having qualified through the satellite on Monday on BlueSq. (didn't want to risk the clickfest on Tuesday) Anyone got any more news on how the satellite tourney works? Website said $200 for top 10% which equated to £75 entry plus a few bob expenses. How does APAT know what our BlueSq aliases are? and how do they get the money to us?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.