Boss/Webdollar £ to € scam?

morlspin

Dunno if anyone has noticed (i hadnt til today) but when you now go to deposit, the limits have increased, meaning you must deposit more to do so. In the old dollar system it was a min $20 to deposit, but now its a min €20 which is an extra £5 min deposit and as we all know with webdollars terrible exchange rates were being scammed for a few extra pennies each time we deposit :@

Re: Boss/Webdollar £ to € scam? Something else that struck me - and i don't know if i can adequately explain what i mean. As far as i can see, it doesn't really matter what currency the tables are in. I deposit in pounds sterling. Boss doesn't physically convert my cash into dollars - surely?. It stays as pounds sterling and they (or they did) credit my Virgin account with dollars. The tables could be marked in 'Cadbury's Chocolat Kopecs' for all the real difference it makes, Even if Boss wanted people to deposit in euro's, theres absolutely no reason the tables couldn't have been left in dollars The email i received from Virgin stated that they had trouble trading dollars, thats why the tables were being changed to euro's. If they don't accept US players, then i imagine very, very few deposits are actually made in dollars. The main effect of changing the tables to euro's (as far as i can see) - and this is especially true of stt's and multi's is to increase the rake. Most people - i believe - have stayed at the table level they were before the change. $10stt players stayed at the 10€, $20 at he 20€ etc. The change means players are paying an extra 42% in rake. Admittedly, players are winning 42% more, but the point is that in any given time period (compared to the tables before the change) Virgin has increased its rake revenue by around 42%. A nice profit boost. Hope that makes sense. Peace

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.