question about weights

parabolam

hey folks. quick question about weights and ratings. i think i might be mixing them up. in the 4.10 today in fontwell cape stormer runs. the racing post says hes 2lbs higher i know this is in relation to the rating he was 110 in the last race and is 112 today. he is carrying 11-9 on his back and is running in a 0-115 rated race. how can the rating of 110 be any different than 112 if hes carying the same 11-9 weight as the last race and racing in the same rated race?? what am i missing? is there any relation between the weight hes carrying to the OR of a horse?

Re: question about weights hope Ive got this right !! horse A rated 110 carries 11-9 in its first race against horse B rated 101 which carries 11-0 (ie 9lbs less) THE OFFICIAL HANDICAPPER RE-ASSESSES HORSE A after this race and puts it up 2lbs to a rating of 112 ( horse B stays at rating of 101 ) when horses A and B next meet there is a difference of 11lbs instead of 9lbs. Coincidentally Horse A carries 11-9 as in first race BUT horse B only carries 10-12 thus showing the new difference of 11 lbs between the two horses. The weights are all relevant to each horse. As long as the official handicappers rating difference is maintained between horses then the actual weight carried does not matter from a handicapping point of view and can be merely coincidentally the same weight from one race to the next. hope this explains the situation regards, bl :ok