AQ off suit Utg

AJ

AQ off suit Utg  

1. 1.

• Fold
    • Flat call
    • Small Raise (less than 4 BB)
    • Large Raise

Re: AQ off suit Utg and phil Laak suggests folding it in the BB to a raise from an article in IE several months ago http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39947 lists the issue number I think?? quick precis Antonio owed him about $15K so he gave him an online account of his to pay off the debt, which phil started to lose at (about 6K i think) before he wised up to online poker - he said in the article that a big leak of his was calling a raise on his BB with AQ, because half the time you are up against AA KK AK and the other half of the time on an otherwise innocous flop, the villian flops a monster after making a LP move (he only noticed how weak AQ is after starting to use PT) so if Mr LAAG folds AQ, then I would too:ok Damo

Re: AQ off suit Utg I would say it would depend. Early rounds in a tournament I would fold, late in a tournament I would call and fold if there was a raise... In a money table I would call and fold if there was a raise. Position is indeed one of the most, if not the most, important aspects in Poker and that players often don't really care about. Plus, we have to remember why they call "AQ unsuited" the "Anna Kournikova"...it's because it looks good but never wins :lol... Cheers.

Re: AQ off suit Utg

**Cough cough** ;)
Opss...:dude:D you're right...my mistake... ...AK is Anna Kounikova or "Big Slick" and it was named after her for the reason I mentioned in the previous post... ...AQ is nicknamed the "Big Chick" but in Texas it is actually called "Doyle Brunson". :cheers.

Opss...:dude:D you're right...my mistake... ...AK is Anna Kounikova or "Big Slick" and it was named after her for the reason I mentioned in the previous post... ...AQ is nicknamed the "Big Chick" but in Texas it is actually called "Doyle Brunson". :cheers.
It is clearly a thread about cash games as well, so why bring in tourney ideas :eyes

He also lists AQ as a hand to play in early position. :tongue2 I don't really have enough experience of cash games to have any firm opinion. It doesn't surprise me that there have been differing opinions, but I'm a bit surprised at how certain many people seem to be, on both sides. Interestingly, in Antonio Esfandiari's book, he advises folding AQ in early position unless you're playing against very weak players, but later on there are at least two situations he discusses that start "You raised UTG with AQ ...". :)
I guess it's pretty situational, sometimes you can play it, depending on people / table. However without any specfics, I guess the default response is fold, unless I have a good reason to play it, not play it unless I have a good reason to fold. On the subject of Ed Miller, I'm reading his "small stakes Hold 'em" book he wrote with Slansky and Malmuth. Very impressed with it, too many poker books are written for high stakes games, like $10/$20 blinds, this book helps you crush loose low stakes internet players