** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-26/9)

Russia Superliga

HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Vitiaz Chehov v Sibir Novosibirsk (11:00 BST)2.344.402.40108% Related markets...Match ResultMoney LinePuck Line - - -Total Goals o/u1st Period Money Line1st Period Over/UnderHandicap Result
Sweden Elitserien
Monday 24 September 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
HV-71 v Frölunda (17:30 BST)2.024.603.10104% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line - - -Total Goals o/uCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Linköping v Timrå (18:00 BST)2.024.603.10104% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line - - -Total Goals o/uCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Södertälje v Mora (18:00 BST)2.004.502.96107%

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24/9) First round of the Swedish Elitserien: HV-71 v Frölunda Two of the big teams in Sweden face each other here. HV71 was knocked out last year in the semi-finals by MODO who in turn went on to become the champions. It was a tough final and it could've gone either way even thought MODO showed really strong morale in the end - coming back from being down 2-3 in the aggregate. HV71 has manage to keep some of their best players on the squad and recruited some interesting players aswell. As goalie Stefan Liv is back on the team after some years in North America. His plan there was of course to play in Detroit but he never really got the chance and so he spent most of the time in the lower leagues. It's really impossible to say if this made him any better but he will probably be one of the better goalies in Elitserien anyway. If he doesn't succeed they have a good replacement in Erik Ersberg. Among the defenders we see some really tough guys like Lance Ward and they have some of the best defense in Elitserien this year too. Among the forward there are really interesting names like Björn Melin, Jonas Johansson and Per Ledin but IMO they seem to lack a really great sniper. The risk is also that this team might spend a little too much time in the penalty booth. Frölunda had a disastrous last season but after the kicked their coach and hired Per Bäckman things starting working again even though it was far too late to make it to the play-offs. This year they have got to be really motivated to get a better result. Goalie Tommy Salo has retired and the responsibility is now in Joel Gistedts hands. He's young but no one would be surprised if he got a big break-through this season. 2nd goalie is Ari Ahonen with 5 seasons in the AHL. Among the defenders I have to mention Andreas Holmqvist who played in Linköping last season and will be a great asset in Frölunda. Among the forwards the most important new player is Michael Holmqvist but they also have Justin Morrison from MODO who is strong in front of the goalie. Frölunda also have huge routine in guys like Kallio, Andersson and Plüss. Steve Kariya will also be one to watch. The match today is really impossible to call. I rate both teams as top 4 but with the small home advantage that HV71 has they are rightly favourites in this game. Linköping v Timrå Linköping lost the final against MODO last season. They were terrible for big parts of the season and were far down in the table when just weeks remained until play-offs - then they started winning just about every game. Just shows what potential this team has. Goalie Stana is a decent goalie no doubt but not one of the very best IMO. Their defense might be and Achilles heel this season since they have lost so many players to the NHL, Magnus Johansson is a huge loss. If the defense might be a problem the attack is not. They have class acts such as Tony Mårtensson, Joakim Eriksson and Mattias Weinhandl. weinhandl will be interesting to watch since he has spent some years in the NHL and AHL and no one really knows how good he is and if he will dominate like he did during the lock-out. What we do know is that he was really expensive for LHC. Timrå have an interesting team just like last year and just like last year they seem to like recruiting loads of Finns - they have two more now and that gives them a total of seven. The most interesting is btw Mika Pyörylä who was very successful in Kärpät. The goalie Backlund is one of my favorite goalies and they also have Magnus Åkerlund so the goalies are no issue for Timrå. In the defense they've lost Anton Strålman which is a big loss but they still have Sanny Lindström, Marttinen and Robin Jonsson. The forwards are interesting just as last year. Before they were all injured they were simply awesome and Timrå simply dominated Elitserien up until the injuries started coming. I've already mentioned Pyörylä but the also have Hahl, Pärssinen, Hedström and Tenkrat. Sounds good, right? This game is really hard to call aswell. Linköping are traditionally good at home but Timrå are also good away from home and have a great team. The possible bet here is however Under 5.5 goals. I think the first games will be a little nervous and I don't think they will take big risks in their play. Also this game "feels" like an under-game which is something I really can't explain. Södertälje v Mora Two teams I don't know that well. Last season they played in Allsvenskan and had to qualify to get back to Elitserien. The goalie is young Enroth (19 years old) who might get a big break-through this year. Second goalie is Bjurling who has played abroad in Europe for some years. Last he played in Vålerenga but the standard in Elitserien is so much higher. In the defense I think they will have some trouble, Kudroc is probably a good recruit but like Lance Ward he will probably spent half of the time on penalty. No stars among the forwards either. Martin Cibak had a decent season in Frölunda and will probably be a good boost to Södertälje but it's not enough. Mora continue to surprise everyone, last year they made it to play-offs where they were quickly knocked out by Färjestad. They have lost sniper Pavel Brendl to Brynäs and it's going to be interesting to see how they cope with that. They have a good goalie in Pitkämäki but the 2nd goalie is a young talent who has to learn alot before he can be first goalie. Defense is OK but not that good, however I wouldnt be that surprised if they did well since the players in Mora are great at working together as a team. Like I said they've lost forward Brendl but have recruited Yared Hagos instead, he has also been playing AHL and it's hard to say if he can be a good replacement for Brendl. This game is very hard to call. I do think that Moras team looks a bit more interesting since they have a better goalie and also Hagos in front. In their best days Mora can beat any team which is something we witnessed last season. I will write a preview on Tuesdays games on Monday evening.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24/9)

Really difficult for me to find anything interesting. I'm thinking about taking Brynäs but that game is on tuesday. Value in Mora probably.
Yeah, Mora might be OK. I agree with you on Brynäs and will address that in my preview for tomorrows games.
Im waiting MoDo :)
Gotta love MODO :ok

Really difficult for me to find anything interesting. I'm thinking about taking Brynäs but that game is on tuesday. Value in Mora probably.
Ok, no value since Mora is missing Tuokko, Skogs and Bogg. Playmaker Bogg is a huge loss imo. There's a small chance that he'll play but he's probably out. Def. no bet for me now.

Ok' date=' no value since Mora is missing Tuokko, Skogs and Bogg. Playmaker Bogg is a huge loss imo. There's a small chance that he'll play but he's probably out. Def. no bet for me now.[/quote'] Cheers for the info Burran. With those guys out it's a no-bet for sure :ok

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24/9) Great previews Bamse! :ok But i decided ill stay out of Swedish Eliteserien this season completely as it was one of those rare hockey leagues that brought a loss at the end (adding the S&M league..ekhm..sadism and machohism league maybe:unsure) But will be following your writeups and picks and do wish you all good luck, whoever is betting on the toughest league to predict:hope:hope

Great previews Bamse! :ok But i decided ill stay out of Swedish Eliteserien this season completely as it was one of those rare hockey leagues that brought a loss at the end (adding the S&M league..ekhm..sadism and machohism league maybe:unsure) But will be following your writeups and picks and do wish you all good luck, whoever is betting on the toughest league to predict:hope:hope
Thanks expert. First season on PL was great when it came to Elitserien. Last season I scored way more profit from other leagues. Elitserien was hard during the autumn and winter but during spring I completely changed my thinking and that's when it started going well again. It's a hard league to predict but I'm gonna do my home-work and try to score some profits :ok

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24/9) Bamse..i would be interested in where you are from? Looks like you know much about the euro hockey leagues..but there is always a little reading barriere with the swedish and finnish leagues. I'm from Austria and i think i have a little edge for Austrian, German, and Swiss Hockey.. i posted in Englisch a time ago, and stopped that then because it was too much work to do. So i only posted in German for a long time..but with this great User's here i think i will come back to English again and share my Informations! :cheers

Bamse..i would be interested in where you are from? Looks like you know much about the euro hockey leagues..but there is always a little reading barriere with the swedish and finnish leagues. I'm from Austria and i think i have a little edge for Austrian, German, and Swiss Hockey.. i posted in Englisch a time ago, and stopped that then because it was too much work to do. So i only posted in German for a long time..but with this great User's here i think i will come back to English again and share my Informations! :cheers
Great to have you here chrisz! Willkommen! I'm from Sweden myself and was born and raised among people crazy about hockey. Last season I started looking more to other leagues than Elitserien and since I speak german it's fairly easy to find info on the Austrian and German leagues. Norwegian and Danish is also very close to Swedish so it's easy to find info there as well. Looking forward to many interesting posts from you. The Austrian league is good for punting IMO. Are you a KAC-fan btw? :ok

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) Yes I'm.. we had some success with Swedish Coaches..but the last 2-3 years we did really bad.. also this season we started really bad. Hm i like German and Swiss League a lot more for punting than Austrian, but especially German League. VSV @1,2 (didn'nt look if there is any greater price available..) against the by far weakest Team in the League is a pure Banker on Thursday!!! So I hope we can gain some profit here.. let's rock :) :cheers Also nice to have you with swedish.. couldn't find a League preview so far..only in swedish..and that's really hard to read for me :tongue2

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) Luleå-Brynäs Maybe the smartest thing to do is to stay away from the opening round totally but I can't overlook this price. Luleå looks like a good, but not a great team, if u have a look at their roster. They've lost some really good offensive players like Tomas Surovy, Mikael Renberg and Fredrik Hynning. Especially Surovy and Renberg are top class players (Renberg is when he's injury-free) and I'm not confident that their replacements are good enough. Jussi Tarvainen is a good player, but last year he didn't impress anyone in Malmö but maybe he'll do better in Luleå. Tommi Miettinen played in Brynäs for four seasons before heading to Switzerland, where he's been playing for the last couple of seasons. He did ok over there, but is he still good enough for Elitserien? Another big questionmark for me are there goalies. Gusten Törnqvist has been playing in Allsvenskan with Almtuna for two seasons now and Modig is young and unexperienced. Very talented ofc. but still I'm not sure about these two... Luleå will def. be fighting for a playoff spot and I think they can get there but it wont be easy and Elitserien is full of quality teams this year. Brynäs look very solid to me. They've kept a lot of players from last season including veteran defenseman Tommy Sjödin who at age 42 still is one of the best in Elitserien. Brynäs has added some real interesting players to their squad. Pavel Brendl almost took Mora to the playoffs by himself scoring 34 goals last season. Also the young prospects of Gynge and Andersén are very interesting players. Andersén came from Leksand (yes I know, traitor) and Gynge also played in Allsvenskan last year where he had 39 points in 37 games with Nybro. Gynge will miss the game tomorrow though. Korhonen is back in Brynäs and he will probably be their nr 1 goalie. He didn't manage to keep Malmö in the league last season, but to be fair, he didn't have much help from the rest of the team. A solid goalie and he will do well in Brynäs I'm sure. The loss of Bäckström is ofc an issue and we will have to see how they will do without him. These teams met in a preseason game in August. That game ended 4-4. Both teams have had solid preseason results, but Brynäs has been a bit more convincing. However, these results don't mean much. I think Modo lost every but one game last season and they ended up as champions. This is a single match and a lot of things can happen, but I see Brynäs as a better team and at the end of the season I'm confident that they'll be at a higher position than Luleå. Can they win this match though? I think they can. They have a really good team and I'm not sure if I see them as dogs in this fight. Ofc, Luleå are on home ice but this is pretty much a 50/50 game at best for the home side. Definately value in Brynäs whatever the outcome will be. Brynäs dnb 2.21@Pinnacle

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) I would love to here some comments about this one since I'm not very experienced in Russia. Magnitogorsk-Omsk A bet based on stats. Omsk doesn't seem as good as they were last season. They've been poor so far with just 2 wins in 8 games. In 4 away games they've only managed one point. Magnitogorsk has had an ok start. 17 points in 8 games is not bad but we're talking about the champions and they should be able to do better. Magnitogorsk hasn't lost in regular time at home to omsk in the last 7 years and that's how far the stats runs. in 24 games they have 18 wins in regular time. Magnitogorsk has been good on home ice and only lost to current leaders Petersburg. Omsk shouldn't get anything out of this one imo. Magnitogorsk 1.80@Expekt

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) Germany

AwayHomebookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
Ingolstadt v Frankfurt Lions (18:30 BST)1.722.20104%
Russia
Tuesday 25 September 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
Amur Khabarovsk v Metallurg Novokuznetsk (11:00 BST)2.104.402.65109%
CSKA Moscow v AK Bars Kazan (11:00 BST)2.354.402.35108%
Torpedo v Neftekhimik (11:00 BST)2.254.402.45108%
Met Mag v Avangard Omsk (14:00 BST)1.764.603.80105%
Salavat v Dynamo Moscow (14:00 BST)1.724.604.00105%
Traktor Chelyabinsk v Spartak Moscow (14:00 BST)1.734.803.75106%
Khimik Mytishi v Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (16:00 BST)2.184.402.65107%
SKA St Petersburg v Severstal Cherepovec (16:00 BST)1.515.255.75103%
Sweden
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
Luleå v Brynas (18:00 BST)2.304.502.78102%
Luleå v Brynäs IF (18:00 BST)2.304.202.40109%
MoDo v Djurgården (18:00 BST)1.634.804.80104%

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) Finland

AwayHomebookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
Ilves v Jokerit (16:30 BST)2.351.74101%
JYP v SaiPa (16:30 BST)1.363.10106%
Jyväskylä v SaiPa (16:30 BST)1.303.40107%
Kärpät v Tappara (16:30 BST)1.313.50105%
Lukko v Espoo (16:30 BST)1.642.25106%
Lukko v St Louis Blues (16:30 BST)1.702.15106%
Pelicans v HPK (16:30 BST)1.812.00106%
TPS Turku v Ässät Pori (16:30 BST)1.662.30104%

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) MoDo v Djurgården First of all there's a risk of me being bias since I'm a fan of this club and grew up close to the the city of Örnsköldsvik which is where the team comes from. Despite my high ranking of the team I'll do my best not to be bias in my comment and analysis of the team. In last years comment I was writing about MODO's ability to bring forth huge talents and this hasn't changed at all. Their ability to bring back old players from the NHL is also amazing and like last year we will see players like Timander, Svartvadet, Hållberg and Sundström on the squad. When it comes to talents it will be hugely interesting to see Victor Hedman, the 16 year old defender who is 198 cm tall and wieghs in at 96 kg. Another important factor for the team is that the goalie Karol Krizan has chosen to stay another season in the team. He might be a bit inconsistent during the regular season but when it came to the play-off he was amazing and MODO wouldn't have gotten the gold without him. Some of the players with alot of routine that I have mentioned are the players which coach Lückner is being the team around. They have also lost several players such as Kuusela, Horava and Morrison but they are replaced with class players such as Tols, Warg and Wernblom. Also the defenseman Tobias Enström is replaced by Per Hållberg, another players who's returning to MODO after years abroad. I think it's very important that the players that now come to MODO have played there before. This means that they have a strong link to the team and that they play for much more than just money, they're playing for the part of the country where they grew up and the club in which they were taught to play ice hockey. MODO won last year eventhough the play-offs were as usual very tough. This year they have an even better team, IMO and if they stay hungry they can win another gold. Djurgården finished 10th last year and missed the play-offs. Their best player is by far Fredrik Bremberg and if Djurgården are to have a good season much is up to this guys success. IMO his perhaps the best player in Elitserien next to Sundström in MODO. They have three goalies, Larsson, Owuya and Ridderwall and all are young (21, 18 and 19). It's important that Daniel Larsson has a great season but he surely has all the talent necessary. The defenders is also a problem and looks weak compared to other teams. Thomas Johansson is probably one of the most important here because of his routine and leadership. When it comes to forwards Bremberg is of course the man and Patric Hörnqvist is also a guy to watch. This team looks OK overall and a 10th place this year as well wouldn't surprise me one bit. I don't think they have what it takes to go to the play-offs. What about this game then? Tipping everything else than a MODO-win would be stupid. MODO is so much better from the goalie and on and even MODO's trainer has more respect from me than Hans Särkijärvi in Djurgården. So why not bet on MODO? Well this is after all the opening game of the season and the odds on straight win is of no value to me. Also, Djurgården has had a good pre-season. If MODO get it right tonight I see them winning with two or more but there are too many "ifs" at this moment. Luleå v Brynäs IF Burran has already written a fine preview and there is not that much to add to that. Luleå had an interesting team last season but left me disappointed. Their Slovaks and Czechs failed to perform as well as we expected and also there was a scandal with an investment company that effected many of the players and Luleå financially. Just as Djurgården they are going for a young goalie but Mattias Modig is a huge talent who got his break-through last season. He will have to do at least as well this year to get Luleå to the play-offs. The defense looks OK with some class players like Obsut, Skrbek and Saravo but other than that it's pretty thin in the back. In the offense they've lost Renberg which is of course a big loss but they still have Bartecko and Chabada. It will also be interesting to see Omark who did well in the J-WC. Luleå have been known as a strong home team but I didn't really see that last season. They were so inconsistent it drove me nuts and often they were a nightmare to bet on. It was either heaven or hell in some cases. Brynäs had an OK season last year with a 6th place at the end. They have lost Bäckström to the NHL but have replaced him with Pavel Brendl from Mora - very interesting in deed. Robert Kristan is also gone and replced by Sperrle and Korhonen who have a lot to live up to. In the defense 42-year old Tommy Sjödin is the life and heart and still one of the best in Elitserien. Brynäs are going for routine and have recruited Hietanen from HPK in Finland. He's been impressive over there and will be interesting to see. In the offense Bäckström is out and Brendl in. Brendl has been known to have a strong will and that can be said about coach Leif Boork too. If these two don't fight Brynäs can be a huge success this year. With a little luck they can go all they way. I completely follow Burrans prediction with Brynäs on ML and will go fish for the best odds. I advice on small stakes since it's the first game. Brynäs are IMO better than Luleå. With Luleås inconsistency in mind I think they have an even better chance. This game might be low-scoring so I predict a scoreline of 2-3 :ok

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9)

I would love to here some comments about this one since I'm not very experienced in Russia. Magnitogorsk-Omsk A bet based on stats. Omsk doesn't seem as good as they were last season. They've been poor so far with just 2 wins in 8 games. In 4 away games they've only managed one point. Magnitogorsk has had an ok start. 17 points in 8 games is not bad but we're talking about the champions and they should be able to do better. Magnitogorsk hasn't lost in regular time at home to omsk in the last 7 years and that's how far the stats runs. in 24 games they have 18 wins in regular time. Magnitogorsk has been good on home ice and only lost to current leaders Petersburg. Omsk shouldn't get anything out of this one imo. Magnitogorsk 1.80@Expekt
Well, I'm no expert at Russian hockey eaither, but I agree with you on this one.
Metallurg Magnitogorsk @ 1.80 (Nordicbet) I like this odds for home win, I think its set based on past seasons rather than this season. Metallurg got off to a so and so start, but have now won their last four matches, they are usually very strong at home and have a very good h2h record vs Omsk, 2 wins and one dra last three home matches. Omsk have been a huge dissapointment this season, only won 2/8 matches, the teams they have beaten are last placed Khabarovsk and pretty poor Chekhov, both at home. I don't have much info about Russia, but as far as I can tell no major injuries in either team, so based on stats and form I must try this one.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) Magnitogorsk should comfortably win against Omsk. After a bit unconvincig start, Metallurg gained momentum and they are undefeated for 4 rounds, now. There was some talk before the season started that they will struggle with the position of goalkeeper, but Mezin and young Proskuryakov are spotless so far. The team is functioning well and it seems that they are gaining more and more confidence with each match. Omsk is not even a shade of what was expected from them. They have managed to get 2 wins in a row (at home rink), but the season is devastating for them. Everyone was expecting that they will pick up their form after disasters in first few rounds, but nothing simmilar happend. Coach announced that they will start winning as soon as they end their 'visiting' part of schedule (4 away matches in a row). Indeed, they have won both home matches, but against Vityaz (Vityaz isn't in such a bad form) and against poor Amur (currently last positioned - but, Amur scored two goals in that match, that's the most they have scored away this season). Maybe things are slowly changing in Omsk, but Magnitogorsk has won tougher matches this season (Cherepovec, Yaroslavl, Dynamo) and they should win this comfortably. Online odds are worthless, but I've found -1 hcp (2.20 at my local).

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) I saw your posts abt. Magnitogorsk vs. Omsk and just compared opinions on other "russian" forums related Superliga. Mostly thoughts are opposite, even strange but many predicts today Omsk victory over Magnitka. Even on-line odds are down. I prefer skip this match. Good luck to all!

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) Interesting note on MODO-DIF. 16 year old Victor Hedman (worlds best in his age category) will play together with superstar Mattias Timander. Coach Boork in Brynäs will put Lind, Molin and Danielsson on the bench. His tactic is to have many forwards on the team this year to reduce the injury risk. This means that every game some guys will rest, this time it's their turn. Interesting to see if the tactic is a success.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/9) Malmö -1 (E.H.)@ 1.60 (Unibet) I think there's a good value in this odds, Malmö's at least one level above Sundsvall to begin with, and now that Sundsvall have some injured players the difference should be even bigger. Sundsvall's roster's thin, today very thin, I don't see Sundsvall getting away with else than a loss with a clear margin.

I would love to here some comments about this one since I'm not very experienced in Russia. Magnitogorsk-Omsk A bet based on stats. Omsk doesn't seem as good as they were last season. They've been poor so far with just 2 wins in 8 games. In 4 away games they've only managed one point. Magnitogorsk has had an ok start. 17 points in 8 games is not bad but we're talking about the champions and they should be able to do better. Magnitogorsk hasn't lost in regular time at home to omsk in the last 7 years and that's how far the stats runs. in 24 games they have 18 wins in regular time. Magnitogorsk has been good on home ice and only lost to current leaders Petersburg. Omsk shouldn't get anything out of this one imo. Magnitogorsk 1.80@Expekt
1-0 FT:cheers

Malmö -1 (E.H.)@ 1.60 (Unibet) I think there's a good value in this odds, Malmö's at least one level above Sundsvall to begin with, and now that Sundsvall have some injured players the difference should be even bigger. Sundsvall's roster's thin, today very thin, I don't see Sundsvall getting away with else than a loss with a clear margin.
Right on GG! Big difference in class between these two and with Sundsvall missing 4 of their most important players Malmö should cover this one. Malmö won home against Borås 6-2 last round and I think we could see something simular here even if it's an away game. Sundsvall has 1 point in 3 games and don't look impressive.