Rugby World Cup - Bankers and Bonkers!

Cymro

First of all sorry to anyone reading the title of this thread and expecting any more than it actually is... I've enjoyed reading the Glory Hunter's forum on this site and thought it was high time I went on my own glory hunt, combining some of the ideas used already in this forum. As we know the RWC 2007 is underway and given the limited betting opportunities on certain games I thought I would liven up those dark hours watching the likes of Portugal and Namibia on ITV4 by trying to make a bit of money on this tournament (as an aside to the serious bets posted in Other Sports). The plan is fairly simple, I have two banks of £10; one to be spent on safe as houses bets (Bankers) e.g. New Zealand to beat Portugal and the other to be spent on more unusual, long shot type bets (Bonkers) e.g. First tryscorer lucky 15s. There are not many rules but I will try and stick to the following: Bankers - Odds below evens - No odds are too low - Max bet 100% of bank - Objective: Profit after taking into account "Bonkers bets" Bonkers - Odds above evens - No odds are too high - Max bet 10% of bank on any game - Objective: Fun, first and foremost. Financially, if not retirement, then perhaps a holiday, or maybe just a night out. I've already had a think about my bets for the first game under the glory hunt tomorrow, these are as follows: Bankers £10.00 Argentina to beat Georgia HT/FT @ 1/100 :lol (Boylesports, haven't got a Stan James account unfortunately as they go 1/33 - tasty price!) Total staked £10.00, Bank remaining £0.00 Bonkers £0.25 Argentina to win by 1-10 points @ 33/1 (bet365) £0.25 Argentina to win by 11-20 points @ 16/1 (bet365) £0.25 E/W JM Hernandez 1st Tryscorer (bet365 1/4 odds 1,2,3,4) Total staked £1.00, Bank remaining £9.00 Really think this game tomorrow could be close, and Hernandez is a class act so ought to get on the scoresheet (maybe that is not bonkers enough, but we'll try and work our way up to that if money allows:hope)

Re: Rugby World Cup - Bankers and Bonkers! Well that was a bit close for comfort! Only one score in it for a 1/100 shot. Other bets came close but no returns there. Banks stand at £10.10 and £9.00 respectively. Todays bets are: Bankers £10.10 Italy to beat Romania @ 1/25 (Ladbrokes) Total staked £10.10, Bank remaining £0.00 Bonkers £0.15 E/W Patent (bet365): - Nili Latu, 1st Try, Tonga vs USA @ 22/1 - S Bai, 1st Try, Fiji vs Japan @ 12/1 - S Parisse, 1st Try, Italy vs Romania @ 16/1 Total staked £2.10, Bank remaining £6.90

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.