** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Euro 2004 Qualification Group Betting

Guest The Highlander

Guest The Highlander

I'm not suggesting anyone do this for anything other than an interest in each group as it involves a 10 team accumulator and is a long term bet. Group 1 France @ 1.03 Only opposition to France are Slovenia and Israel so the odds almost look fair with France determined to prove their still the best in Europe. Group 2 Denmark @ 1.90 Norway @ 3.20 Romania @ 3.75 Three contenders in Group 2 but I'd back Denmark as their confidence is high after the World Cup and they have more quality than the other two teams especially going forward. Group 3 Holland @ 1.44 Czech Rep @ 3.20 Austria @ 8.00 Austria are big outsiders and I think they can be ruled out to win the group. The Czech's have an up and coming team but probably lack the experience needed to come above a fantastic Dutch side (on paper at least) who need to qualify after missing the World Cup. Group 4 Sweden @ 2.10 Poland @ 3.20 Hungary @ 4.50 Tough group to predict but Hungary seem to be too inconsistent to seriously challenge for top spot. Poland are normally very tough to play against at home and Sweden are missing Larrson. I still fancy Sweden to qualify though Ibrahimovic is improving all the time and is gaining experience which should cover the loss or Larsson and they still have players like Ljunberg. Group 5 Germany @ 1.07 Scotland @ 7.50 Iceland @ 19.00 Lithuania @ 81.00 I'm surprised Lithuania are such a big price as they have a better chance than Iceland now after their loss to Scotland at home. Still I think this is between Germany and Scotland who seem to be getting their act together. Germans should walk the group though. Group 6 Spain @ 1.07 Ukraine @ 7.50 Can't see past Spain with their players and they always do very well in qualiying tournaments. Group 7 England @ 1.40 Turkey @ 2.62 I've backed all the favourites so far and I'm going to again here because although England didn't perform well on Saturday Slovakia is a tough place to travel to and they still got the result. I don't think Turkey are capable of going through a whole campaign without a major slip up along the way. Group 8 Bulgaria 1.61 Belgium 2.87 Croatia 7.50 Bulgaria have started well and that should get them through, the Belgium team looks too predictable and needs something different. Croatia aren't the team they used to be. Group 9 Italy @ 1.40 Yugoslavia @ 4.33 Wales @ 7.50 Italy are favourites and should win this but I think Yugoslavia and the Welsh will make it very tough and they'll all take points of each other. Having said that Italy should still win the group but I think a lot depends on the result of tomorrows match. Group 10 Russia @ 1.80 Republic Of Ireland @ 2.50 Ireland got off to a bad start but losing in Russia isn't exactley a killer blow. I think Ireland will be better at grinding out results in places like Switzerland and Georgia so Ireland are the only team here I'm backing that are not favourites. The ten group accumulator would pay around 50/1 which isn't too bad as I'd think at least 5 are guaranteed and the rest are the favourites other than Ireland. As this is only a fun bet I'd consider taking teams like the Czech's, Yugoslavia and maybe even Scotland who have a chance of winning their groups. Would also increase the odds massively.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Re: Euro 2004 Qualification Group Betting The price of 2.50 which you have gotten on Ireland are wrong. Ireland are strong favourties in tomorrow nights match and the best price available is 1.70.

Guest The Highlander

Re: Euro 2004 Qualification Group Betting The 2.50 I have for the republic is not for them beating switzerland but for them winning their group. The prices are from Hills.