• 19:35 Laddies Poker Cruise Team league
    • 19:45 Virgin Festival Satellite
    • 20:00 Betfair WSOPE Freeroll
    • 20:00 888.com PokerPlayerMag UK Open Freeroll
    • 20:15 Blue Square League NLHE Freezeout $200 Added
    • 21:00 BetonBet $1000 RH Freeroll
    • 21:30 Paradise 50 Up Club
    • 21:45 SkyPoker Primo £25,000 Gtd Daily Semi Final

Re: **Poker Monday 27th August** Razz is Stud Lo So you are dealt 7 cards altogether, 3 of which will be hidden, and 4 of which will be face up. The winner of each hand is the best low 5 card hand - straights and flushes do not count against you - so the best low is 5 4 3 2 A. The easiest way of determining the best low hand is to list the 5 cards in descending order as a number (Ace=1) - the lowest number wins. So 87654 is higher than 8432A but both are beat by 76543. Nothing beats 5432A. KQJT9 is higher than 4322A. Nicked this from another site....

Introduction to Razz Razz is most known for being the R in H.O.R.S.E, but it also has tables of it’s own. Razz is relatively new to online poker, which means that most players haven’t got past learning the basics of the game. Now is the best time to put in the time and effort towards mastering the game so you can capitalize off of the inexperienced players. Rules and Game-play Your goal in Razz is to get the lowest possible five card hand. Suits, pairs, and straights don’t count for anything. It’s like playing stud Hi/lo with only the low. For those unfamiliar with the stud format, here is how a hand plays out:
  • Before cards are dealt, players have to ante. The ante is usually 1/5th of the small bet.
  • Two cards are dealt face down with one face up and there’s a round of betting, starting with the player who has the highest face up card. The initial better may choose to either bring-in or raise the the size of the small bet.
  • One at a time, 3 more cards are dealt with a round of betting after each. The player with the lowest visible hand always starts the betting round. Beginning from 5th street, bet sizes double to the size of the big bet.
  • The final (7th) card is dealt face down with one more round of betting and the player with the lowest 5 card hand wins the pot.

If two players have the same high card, then the player with the next lowest card wins. For example, A-2-3-4-6 beats A-2-3-5-6 Here are some more examples of what beats what in Razz: A-4-5-6-7 beats A-2-3-4-8 2-3-6-8-9 beats 2-3-7-8-9 K-Q-J-T-9 beats A-2-3-4-A-A-3 Razz Starting Hands Any three cards 8-high and below are playable in Razz, but it still varies depending on the texture of the board. For example, if everyone has Low cards showing then you might not want to get involved with your 7 high. Another thing to consider is which cards are showing. (5-6)-A is a more powerful hand then (A-5)-6. Lower visible cards can put a lot more pressure on other players. Razz Strategy In games like razz, where you have a glimpse at other players hands, a lot of the skill is in reading the board. When the hand is first dealt, look at all the face up cards to get a feel of who’s definitely going to fold and who might play. You should also keep a count of live and dead cards throughout the hand. This will help you be more precise later in the on when putting your opponent on a hand and estimating your pot odds. Try and play through the eyes of your opponents. They can’t see your concealed cards, so what are the possible hands they’re putting you on? Although two different hands like (5-7)-3-4-A and (A-3)-4-5-7 both look the same to you, your opponents will have completely different outlooks on them since they’re not seing the concealed cards. Note taking and reading players is another a huge part of Razz. You have to know which players are capable of playing (K-Q)-2 like (A-3)-2 and the ones play (A-3)-2 just like (A-3)-2. Most sites let you view what the players mucked at the showdown, which is a great source of information for your reads.

Re: **Poker Monday 27th August**

Razz is Stud Lo . The easiest way of determining the best low hand is to list the 5 cards in descending order as a number (Ace=1) - the lowest number wins. So 87654 is better than 8432A
Is that right? I dont get it, but it might explain my lack of Razz bracelets

Re: **Poker Monday 27th August**

your not alone i have been looking for this tourney 4 half an hour:@
Tourney No 59096200 (has been there since yesterday!!) at 10:45 USA time - the Pokerstars lobby is crap and it's a nightmare trying to find what's what!!!

Re: **Poker Monday 27th August** Want to play but going out, not sure if I'll be back (wish bloody Stars would let you register earlier!) Tip to help everyone because I'm feeling generous - DON'T go overboard with a good starting hand, even 42A or 32A. If you push hard with 42A then catch JQ, you're left with hard decision whether to chase or not.

Re: **Poker Monday 27th August** Minimum deposit only $10 so that would have been fine except... ''Hello DodgerPL, As part of our policy to protect children, we now require proof of age from anyone using a payment method that can be issued to underage players. We would like to assist you in making a successful deposit. In order to do that, we need to manually verify your age by providing us with a faxed or scanned copy of one of the documents listed below: - Passport - Driving License (front and back) - Military Forces ID card - Birth Certificate with a Utility Bill - Government issued photo ID that includes Name, Address and Date of Birth Please note that we will store these documents securely, and they can only be viewed or accessed by our security team. Once documentation has been received, we will validate your account. If you are of legal age, we apologize for this inconvenience and trust that you understand why we carry out such checks.'' Unfortunately I have no fax machine and my scanner isn't set up at the moment so I'll just have to leave it, however will get round to it later in the week as I believe Pokerstars is used quite regularly.

Re: **Poker Monday 27th August** 2 sodding minutes late, and no bloody late reg!! :wall If anyone is desperate enough to want advice, MSN me - it's in my profile. (I would state this is first come first served, since I obviously can't help 2 people on one table - but really, what are the chances of TWO people being that desperate? :rollin)

Re: **Poker Monday 27th August** The only tips I can give are... Be very passive unless you have 8 high after four cards then bet like hell...and if you have to bring in due to a high card but have 2 hidden its worth sticking around for the next street at the very least. People will try and steal ante's with an Ace showing but no back up.