rounders games

the croc

Re: rounders games You probably know this, but just in case: You don't have to go straight through from level 1 to level 5. You can use your tokens at any level (except level 1). Lots of people keep replaying at level 3 or 4 to build up tokens before trying level 5 (where the cash is). This has the advantage that while you're doing this you are effectively playing without any rake. By the way, levels 3 and 4 are a rather peculiar form of poker, as the top 4 or 5 win tokens for the next level. Gets a bit boring after a while, to be honest!

Re: rounders games

I never realised that :loon Seems a very good reason to have a look :) This is prima/microgaming wide I presume :)
Yes, though I don't think your tokens transfer from one site to another. There is a rake when you buy in (or when you cash out at level 5, depending how you want to look at it). But as long as you're using tokens to win tokens, there's a 100% payout. Other reasons I don't play these so much now are that you often have to wait a long time for a table to fill up, especially at the higher levels. And at level 4, which is where I played most ($275 buy in with 5 "winners"), there is a fairly small pool of regular players, and I think they were learning what kind of rubbish I was going all-in with to survive in the later stages (it might just have been variance, but I got the impression I was being called more often).

Re: rounders games Couple of other things I thought of: There are some other sites (Party?) with similar schemes, but as far as I could tell, they didn't have the same advantages (you had to go straight through the levels and paid rake at each level). Ladbrokes seems to have their own Rounders working the same way as Prima, but with even less activity. Prima also has a "heads-up" Rounders, which seems to use the same kind of system (you can use tokens at any level and there's no rake except when you first buy in, but also seems to have rather little activity. And you can't use tokens from the heads up Rounders in the normal Rounders or vice versa.