Worst call ever?

GaF

Am I missing something in his hand? :unsure ***** Hand 726687642 ***** 0.05/0.10 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 21 August 2007 19:09:45 TH Mini 63 (Real /Cash Game ) Seat 1: heniek31 (7.18) Seat 2: pl---GaF (10.00) Seat 3: stiller (10.78) Seat 4: jardabudy (14.76) Seat 5: daghane (5.63) pl---GaF post BB 0.10 ** Deal ** pl---GaF [5c, 2d] stiller [N/A, N/A] jardabudy [N/A, N/A] daghane [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** stiller Call 0.10 jardabudy Fold daghane Call 0.10 pl---GaF Check *** Flop(Board): *** : [2c, 6d, 5d] *** Bet Round 2 *** pl---GaF Bet 0.30 stiller Fold daghane Call 0.30 *** Turn(Board): *** : [2c, 6d, 5d, 3c] *** Bet Round 3 *** pl---GaF Bet 0.40 daghane Call 0.40 *** River(Board): *** : [2c, 6d, 5d, 3c, 5h] *** Bet Round 4 *** pl---GaF All-in 9.20 daghane All-in 4.83 *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.56 Total Pot: 10.80 heniek31 [N/A, N/A] Highest card five Win: 0.00 pl---GaF [5c, 2d] Full house Win: 10.80 stiller Fold Win: 0.00 jardabudy Fold Win: 0.00 daghane [Ks, 10c] Pair of fives Win: 0.00

Re: Worst call ever?

Gaf' date=' I was at that table over 30 minutes. He played like a donk all the time.[/quote'] I was playing 4 tables, (5 seat) so didn't notice how anyone was playing :$ until he called that bet :loon

Re: Worst call ever? Serious point from this hand - I think it demonstrates that "Value Betting" at this level is less important than getting as much money in the pot as you can when you hit..... (I know it's only one hand, but it's a clear demonstration of what people will call big bets with at this level!!!)

Re: Worst call ever? GaF is correct in so far as you bet your big hands big and some t*t will call with middle pair. This dude does take the biscuit though, he is only beating a Queen high who hasn't got a 2/3/5/6, who then decided to go all-in!! Unless Jaded is playing, I am passing!!:lol

Obviously the majority of people at this level are either beginners or people playin for fun i.e the worst of the worst of the worst sir.
I don't agree, thats probably bordering on stereotyping, yes this player is having an absolute joke, but saying the majority of people is a bit harsh there is a lot of players on these lower levels who are quite decent players. Sorry for the rant :dude but i know for a fact after my time on these 10/20 cents tables that a fair few can hack the higher tables but dont have the roll to play.

Re: Worst call ever? I wasn't sterotyping Wallace just merely stating the obvious, I said the majority at this level are "either" beginners or playing for fun. I sometimes play at the 0.10/0.20 tables on some sites to obtain the raked hands reuirements (omaha) and the players are extremely bad. I assume like Isaid they are merely learning or playing for fun. Since Omaha is a new game to a lot of people I think the former is true in this case.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Worst call ever? Dear god I'd have folded k 10 after that flop came, in cash games my rule is that it is better to bet against what you have and not what you hope to have and to be fair even an absolute novice should be able to lay down K high as there are about a million hands that beat him. I tried to find him on sharkscope but no luck. The lower levels are a bit of a minefield, I play there and I'd say I know enough about poker to class myself as a good player and I know first hand there are some decent players in there but there are also alot of fish willing to call down your monster hands! Daghane is now gonna get stalked :)

Re: Worst call ever? Sorry if I offend,but I'm amazed at how many people are so surprised by some of the beats you see at these low stake tables.I am not a high stake player by any means,25c/50c and 50c/$1 are my norm.I work for one of the better known sites and I can assure you that 99% of the bad beat complaints we receive are from these minimum stakes tables.Whilst I understand that some people either don't have the roll to play at bigger stakes,or simply choose not to,I still can't believe that people take any play at these tables seriously.Just an opinion of mine,which may be true and may not,but I reckon that the majority of people who play at these tables will either be old people,who can't believe they have actually managed to download the software,kids who just want to say they play poker,or women who ''don't want to lose too much''.Some of that opinion is actually an educated opinion.Either way,if you think you can play this beautiful game at all,you only have to move your stakes up slightly to be playing a more realistic game.

Sorry if I offend' date='but I'm amazed at how many people are so surprised by some of the beats you see at these low stake tables.I am not a high stake player by any means,25c/50c and 50c/$1 are my norm.I work for one of the better known sites and I can assure you that 99% of the bad beat complaints we receive are from these minimum stakes tables.Whilst I understand that some people either don't have the roll to play at bigger stakes,or simply choose not to,I still can't believe that people take any play at these tables seriously.Just an opinion of mine,which may be true and may not,but I reckon that the majority of people who play at these tables will either be old people,who can't believe they have actually managed to download the software,kids who just want to say they play poker,or women who ''don't want to lose too much''.Some of that opinion is actually an educated opinion.Either way,if you think you can play this beautiful game at all,you only have to move your stakes up slightly to be playing a more realistic game.[/quote'] Couldn't agree more:ok.

but I'm amazed at how many people are so surprised by some of the beats you see at these low stake tables.
There's no bad beats in this thread :unsure This hand was someone who called an all in (large overbet) after all cards had been dealt, with a Queen high - he lost!!

Re: Worst call ever? on some sites youll find the same names playing 5 -6 tables at a time at these stakes day after day, i think it may be a tad naive to think these are grannies and children , more likely grinding and waiting for situations like this. you may not get rich but it pays for tournament play and other bits and bats, so ive heard :\:\