Selection Processes

Recently I have been looking at the way I select horses and I am beginning to doubt wether it is the right way. At the moment, I tend to look at the favourites / 2nd favourites form and if it looks up to the class of the race, then I normally back it. However recently, I have been winning more when I do an EW patent with 3 bigger priced horses. This has made me think that this is probably more profitable. Looking at RussP's thread for example has shown me it is possible to find bigger priced winners if you look beyond the favourites. Looking at the thread "7 things to consider when placing a bet" has made me think about my selection process. It has now become obvious to me to rule out horses that cant win and then look for value bets within the remaining runners. Although I am not following that completely, I am going to try out a new selection process by looking at the form of bigger priced horses and see if their odds look "wrong". I will then compare it to my current selection process and see how it turns out. The old selections will all be 2 pt wins and the new ones 1 pt E/W bets. I will also give the multiple bet that I have included the horses in. I am not going to use any banks, just measure P/L. Obviously this is all just based on my own opinion so I dont suggest anyone follows it as I am just testing it out myself, although I am staking my own money. I am hoping that in the future, it may prove helpful to those starting out in Horse Racing. OLD SELECTION PROCESS 2.30 Alabama Spirit 3.00 Rough Rock 3.30 Rosy Alexander 2.45 Autograph Hunter 4.45 Birthday Star 0.5 pt Lucky 31 NEW SELECTION PROCESS 2.15 Dalarossie 4.30 Josh You Are 3.15 Feeling Proud 0.75 pt EW Patent :ok:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.