Fun With Numbers

Hello System Fans, Sure I am new here and not yet up to speed with the tone of the forum but having just made my first posting under a different thread I thought I would find out if anyone here is familiar with the following very easy system. I have called it "Fun with numbers" but I picked it up this week from the RFO (Racing and Football Outlook) letters page. I take no credit for it as it was written by a Mr. Andrew Lloyd of Cwmaman. He claims to have used it for many a tear with some good results. He starts by telling us to check the race cards and select the horses with the same race card number and draw number and if the last form figure is the same as the first 2 numbers it becomes a selection. Race card Number 3 Stall number 3 LTO 3 (just an example). Form figures only go up to 9 but he does say if card number is 14 and stall number is 14 you can if so wish take the last 2 results of 1st and 4th which read as 14. WEALTH WARNING. It sounds fun and is easy to operate but I have never come accross it before and wonder before I risk all my hard earned cash if anyone has experience of it. Todays selections are: - Silca Elegance 2.45 Sandown (2-2-2) PROSPECT PLACE 6.30 YORK (5-5-5) Dresser to Dance 7.40 Folk. (2-2-2) Les Fazzani 8.30 York (1-1-1) Lets see, Sheeny

Re: Fun With Numbers :welcome To PL Sheeny, good to have you and your 'adopted' system here. Well good luck with the it mate, it looks interesting, I am not too knowledgeable about the horses, but I think you already have 1 winner, 1 placed and 1 unplaced out of the three that have run so far? Well done and continue posting so we can see where this leads. Once again, good luck with the rest of your tries, I will be watching with interest. :ok

Re: Fun With Numbers Hi Lucky 1, It certainly does look interesting. Silca Elegance finnished 2nd at 4/5 and in truth I doubt if anyone would have bet on it at this price. Prospect Place ended up not placed. Les Fazzani did the system proud by winning at 5/1 Dresser to Dance came home at 2/1 At 1 point level stake a profit of 5 points and an 11 point Yankee returned 27 points making plus 16 points. Perhaps the Welshman from Cwmaman, Andrew Lloyd has shared a little gem for us all to have fun with. I will not be posting daily "Lucky" but only offered this up to see if anyone had experience of the system and Knew if it would be worthwile following. Good luck, Sheeny

Re: Fun With Numbers G'day to you Cavelloman, We all get our enjoyment in different ways and I think you are being unfair by knocking an enquiry in such a dismissive and cynical way, you can take the intellectual high ground but that does not make you right. I am new here and yesterday I made my first postings in order to find the tone of the forum and I guess it has not taken too long. As per my experiences on other forums there are too many that can dish it out behind the veil of anonymity rather than joining in what should be a friendly chat. Deal with it "Cavelloman". I did say I would not be posting the selections for this idea but following yesterday I can offer today's selections which in all fairness look to be worth a small "fun punt". FAMILIAR TERRITORY (1-1-1) .......... Ascot 4.30 MARMITE (1-1-1) ...........................Wolv's 2.55 With travel commitments I will be unable to post regularly but do with it as you will. Sheeny

Re: Fun With Numbers The reason I was so abrasive is because selection are just a "lucky" coincidence. I feel the objective for any method/system is long term profit based on sound statistical methods. I just can't see how a method based on 3 figures being the same, 2 of which are pure chance can give a long term profit. A low draw can be a big negative at certain courses so are these bet as well?

Re: Fun With Numbers Be that as it may "Cavelloman" I feel your "abrasiveness" as you call it is unnecessary when the tone of my posting was put forward with a light heart and nothing more but feel you have turned the thread confrontational. Nevertheless MARMITE love it or hate it has won at 4/1 whilst FAMILIAR TERROTORY FINNISHED 2nd, also at 4/1 and therefore turned me a little profit on the day. Selections for Saturday certainly look to be treated with caution: - Baltimore Jack (1-1-1) Ascot 5.25, has a poss. e/w claim. Flying Applause (6-6-6) Newmarket 4.10. Priced up in the S/life at 25/1 should either be missed or the smallest of stakes e/w. Our Fayre (1-1-1) Salisbury 8.40 Shown as 7/4f Ventura (2-2-2) " " Shown as 5/2 2f Perhaps either leave the race alone as there are 2 qualifiers or possibly a reverse forecast. Conclusion:- If passing on Flying Applause and wish to miss out on the 8.40 at Salisbury but would like another to double up with Baltimore Jack a quick look down the Leopardstown card turns up: Lord Admiral (1-1-1) running in the 7.50. Back to Cavelloman's comments about lucky coincidence, sure he he could be right but I think a little common sense rather simply betting blindly may and I only say may, turn a simple little easy "KISS" system into a winner. Don't argue about it with me, that is only shooting the messenger, either write to the Racing and Football Outlook, 1, Canada Sq. London, E14 5AP or email [email protected] and refer further questions to Mr. Andrew Lloyd, Cwmaman reference his letter in this weeks issue Sheeny

Re: Fun With Numbers I am not sure if today was good or bad but perhaps best put down to a learning curve. Flying Applause went down badly at 33/1 Baltimor Jack and Lord Admiral never really got out of the stalls. Our Fayre won at 5/1 with Ventura 2nd at 6/4 making a correct forecast making it a third winning day on the trot. The selections for Sunday don't look up to much; - JENTRIS GIRL (7-7-7) S/life 10/1 Carlisle 3.55 VIOLENT VELOCITY (5-5-5) S/life 8/1 Carlisle 4.45 TAM LIN (2-2-2) S/life 11/10f Pontefract 3.50 I don't think I will be able to resist two very small e/w bets on the first two plus a slightly larger stake to win on Tam Lin. I will be away on my travels so I wish anyone well who speculates on this "Fun with numbers" bet over the next week. Sheeny

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Fun With Numbers One up to Cavelloman, (humble pie is never very tasty). Without doubt I knew the results would prove your point and there has been a bit of a drought whilst I have been away. However and here is a tasty little tit bit: - All the winners so far have come from 1-1-1 and 2-2-2 only showing 5 wins from 13 selections returning 22.1, thus profit (so far) 9.1 at level stakes. Should anyone be interested PRINCE ROSSI (8.45 Carlisle tonight) is selected from 2-2-2. Who know's ???? Sheeny

Re: Fun With Numbers I am not argueing with you Notreve or Cavelloman and I am not thinking it will ever be profitable but then again to be really honest I don't think I have ever sustained a method which has. I think the meaning is in the title "Fun with Number's" which should " say it all", it is simply a little bit of fun and should be treated as that. I refer back to the first posting of this thread, July 23rd, I explained where I found the system and who was the author. I simply asked if anyone was aware of it and even posted a WEALTH WARNING. Somehow along the way it has been taken seriously, perhaps the good folk of the Punters Lounge feel the posting has demeaned the forum, should that be the case I would like to say I am sorry but in truth I am not, as far as I am concerned it was and still is a bit of light hearted fun which in this day and age there does appear to a shortage of. We only pass this way but once and if I can bring a smile to the faces of others then my job is done. A wise punter once said to me that not many horse racing fanciers are likely to make a profit and a good punter should not be judged by how much he is said to have won but instead should be judged by HOW LITTLE HE LOOSES. All hobby's cost something and horse racing if it is a hobby is just the same. Sheeny

Re: Fun With Numbers I am not sure why I still keep looking but for today's fun there is one selection: - JUCEBABE 8.30 Bath 6-6-6 at present showing 11/4 - 10/3 2nd fav and also carries the burdon of being a nap for one of the national daily papers who is at least showing a profit. Is it worth a fun punt? Only you can decide. ______________________________________________________________ It looks as if I shall be away on my travels again for a couple of weeks, so Notreve and Cavelloman can have a break from my inane ramblings. Only joking, Sheeny