Super League Round 21

Saints/Wigan derby tonight looks to have a decent betting opportunity. 10pts Wigan +10 to beat St Helens 10/11 Ladbrokes Wigan come into the derby with 2 straight wins behind them against Bradford and Leeds while Saints have lost to Leeds and Bradford in their last 2. Sean Long returns for Saints tonight but he has been out for a while so could be rusty. Jon Wilkin serves a 1 match ban for his sending off last week. Wigan are at full strength. The dodgy weather has continued up and down the country today so conditions will be wet and tough so points could be at a premium. Both sides have good defences so a close game should be in store. Therefore Wigan with a 10pt start looks a safe call.

Re: Super League Round 21 I agree with kev that the weather will play a big part but i dont think the rain is as heavy as the last 2 games ive seen saints in, which was absolutely atrocious. Dont forget that saints trounced huddersfield 3 weeks ago in wet weather so they can still rack up a score as long as the conditions arent unplayable. All about the weather for me so gonna hang on and see conditions for myself but I fancy..... Saints -8 @ evens (Bet 365)

Re: Super League Round 21 Never take on the British weather!! Aside from the weather, yes Saints beat Huddersfield (hardly a Wigan) a few weeks back but Huddersfield were in poor form. Wigan aren't and Huddersfield seemed to give up at half time. Wigan won't as it's a derby. They're usually close affairs and I'm confident weather or no weather that Wigan will stay within 10 of Saints tonight.

Re: Super League Round 21 Does anyone know what it takes to become a super league ref?. It cant be that hard cus that twat Asheley Klein has made it as a ref LOL..I watct this guy when he referees and cringe. He didnt mess up too many times today but overall he is a joke IMO

Re: Super League Round 21 Think most of the Rugby League fans on here think that mate. I certainly do and I'm sure Punto does too. Justin, unlucky mate. I was willing that Wellens kick over so that we both had a share of the pie. Gutted for you :sad.

Re: Super League Round 21

Good call Kev, I think it's a good tactic backing the underdog on derbies as they are always generally tight affairs. I did'nt have a dabble but well done. hardlines Justin. can't beleive wakey away to leeds!
Cheers mate. Apart from the 2 seasons Wigan were pathetic, that particular derby has always been close. Isn't that Wakey's 4th win at Headingley in the Super League era :eek. I see your boys are on Sky on Thursday :loon

Re: Super League Round 21 Harsh. He even hit the post to rub it in! Long wouldve kicked it - wasnt hard. Kev my rugby bets are going the way of your cricket ones at the moment - and unfortunately ive agreed with most of those so im currently leaking money!:spank Never mind - onto tonight :hope:hope:hope Salford v Bradford (-12) Any thoughts?

Re: Super League Round 21 Should be pretty routine for the Bulls the way they are playing. 10pts Bradford -12 to beat Salford 10/11 Stan James Bradford are in great form currently having won 6 of their last 7 with the solitary defeat coming at Wigan. In that run they've beaten Saints, Leeds and Hull and of the 6 wins 4 of them will have covered this handicap. When these 2 sides met earlier in the season at Odsal, the Bulls battered the City Reds 56-18. Salford will give debuts to Mike Wainwright, Tom Saxton and Richie Barnett in this match but their current form is atrocious. They come into this with only 2 wins in their last 9, one of those being a 5-2 win in poor conditions against Harlequins. In those 9 matches they've only scored 20pts in 2 of them which isn't helping them as they've conceded 35 or more in 6 of them. The Bulls are clearly the form side here and I'd expect them to win this and cover the 12pts too.

Cheers mate. Apart from the 2 seasons Wigan were pathetic, that particular derby has always been close. Isn't that Wakey's 4th win at Headingley in the Super League era :eek. I see your boys are on Sky on Thursday :loon
I think I heard Eddie say that it was Wakey's 3rd win in the Super League era, but whether its 3 or 4, that's a brilliant record for Wakefield. Obviously they big up the Leeds/ Bradford Derby but Wakefield is just as close so it's a big game. Yes mate, I'm really looking forward to Thursday, will you be watching? We beat Barrow yesterday who currently are in 2nd spot and have a very capable side including ex super league player Michael Smith and Pat Weisner, so a win for us on Thursday put us in a position where its out title to throw away. The top team gets automatic promotion whilst 2nd-7th play in the play offs for the second promotion spot. This is a huge game for us and hopefully a good game for the Sky viewers. Fingers crossed there will be 2,000 plus there for the game (all fev fans) so hopefully some of you from here will tune in :ok

Yes mate, I'm really looking forward to Thursday, will you be watching? We beat Barrow yesterday who currently are in 2nd spot and have a very capable side including ex super league player Michael Smith and Pat Weisner, so a win for us on Thursday put us in a position where its out title to throw away. The top team gets automatic promotion whilst 2nd-7th play in the play offs for the second promotion spot. This is a huge game for us and hopefully a good game for the Sky viewers. Fingers crossed there will be 2,000 plus there for the game (all fev fans) so hopefully some of you from here will tune in :ok
I'll catch it at some point mate, be it live or via the Sky+. Have enjoyed some of the National League stuff and am looking forward to that game :ok

I'll catch it at some point mate' date=' be it live or via the Sky+. Have enjoyed some of the National League stuff and am looking forward to that game :ok[/quote'] Good man, look for a 6ft inflatable banana behind the posts which ever end Featherstone are attacking, that will be me :rollin:rollin

Good man' date=' look for a 6ft inflatable banana behind the posts which ever end Featherstone are attacking, that will be me :rollin:rollin[/quote'] Will Fev get near enough the try line for me to see you :unsure:lol

Will Fev get near enough the try line for me to see you :unsure:lol
Haha, of course mate :) Sometimes Stevo does the national league commentary so it's my ambition that if Fev score and I'm going daft behind the sticks for stevo to shout " The fev fans are going absolutely banana's, its T R Y time" :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana :lol

Haha, of course mate :) Sometimes Stevo does the national league commentary so it's my ambition that if Fev score and I'm going daft behind the sticks for stevo to shout " The fev fans are going absolutely banana's, its T R Y time" :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana :lol
:lol:lol:lol:lol