Biggest Price Winner?

i remember being in the bookies a while ago when a horse called beachy head won at 200/1, and some old fella in there had £2 e/w on it i swear to god! personnally my biggest price return was on barons pit in the golden jubilee at royal ascot in 2003, which i had £10 e/w on at 150/1! the guy in the hills shop i put it on at was laughing at me at the time, still gutted to this day it was stopped in the last furlong under a strong drive from jimmy fortune to go down by 1.5 lengths in 3rd to choisir. funnily enough i picked it because the same thing happened its run before also at ascot. still got paid a place but could have been so different:cry has anyone else had a touch on a big price horse, and what made you pick it? tish

Re: Biggest Price Winner? I had Philson Run in the National this year @ 150/1 4th. I narrowed it down to 6 runners and applied all the filters etc and trends etc and ended up with McKelvey and Philson Run. Biggest winner Ive had was a horse I got told to back it E/W, French horse and I forget the name now( Millenium Royal I think?) but this was the Saturday after the PL meeting back in Febuary. I had £2.50 E/W on it and it won @ 33/1 but I was too hungover to celebrate at the time:puke

2:35 Pertemps Handicap Hurdle (Qualifier) (Class 2) (5yo+) 12 hdles (2m7f110y) 2m7½f
[off 2:36] £13,012.00, £3,820.00, £1,910.00, £954.00 icon_full_race.gif icon_finish.gif card_print.gif card_notepad.gif
TRAINER Age Wgt JOCKEY SP OR TS RPR
arrow_previous_race.gif 1 Millenium Royal (FR) F Doumen 7 11-5 Jacques Ricou 33/1 152 155 159+ arrow_next_race.gif

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.