Possibly useful info on England Under 21 Friendly

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Just thought it should be noted on this match that aparently there are going to be 7 newbies starting in the First Team for England. Don't know much about Holland Under - 21, but their odds are certainly high and it might be worth looking at a bet on Holland under - 21, if anyone knows much about them. Not sure I will be making any bets yet as I am going to wait until closer the game, but this is certainly information worth taking into account. Anyway here is the article from the English FA Website. England Under-21 Coach David Platt will give several debuts against Holland on Tuesday night including Arsenal’s David Bentley and the highly-rated Dean Ashton. David Platt introduces a new crop of players to the England Under-21 scene against Holland on Tuesday night. With the next major championship two-and-a-half years away, Platt has named 15 uncapped players in his squad – and at least seven will be handed debuts at the KC Stadium. Platt will finalise his line-up after training on Tuesday but he did confirm on Monday that Chelsea’s Glen Johnson will lead the side out against the Dutch and hinted that seven uncapped players will start, Scott Carson (Leeds), Nicky Hunt (Bolton), Steven Taylor (Newcastle), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), David Bentley (Arsenal), John Welsh (Liverpool) and Dean Ashton (Crewe). “My early impressions of the squad is that there is a lot of physical presence there, perhaps more than the last group of players,†said Platt. “They looked nervous on the first day of training but I’ve told them there is no time for that at this level and by the time they had finished, I could see them enjoying the session.†The youngest member of Platt’s side will be Newcastle defender Steven Taylor, who turned 18 last month. Taylor impressed on loan at Wycombe earlier this season and Platt said: “He will only be 20 at the next European Championship. He has coped with everything that has been put in his way so far and I think he has coped with the training here already. I saw him play for England Under-20s and I liked his demeanour off the pitch and what he did on the pitch. “He looks like someone who could step up.†With six caps, Johnson is the most experienced player at Platt’s disposal and he has been named skipper. â€Glen has a presence about him. If he walks in a room, everyone will turn their heads. He has a status in the game, Sven decided it is better to play in this game for the Under-21s than sit on the bench for the senior team in Portugal. “His performances for the rest of the season will dictate whether he goes to the European Championship. He has a fighting chance. “Glen ticks every box you need for the make-up of an international player. He is technically gifted and has pace to burn. He is an athlete – he could beat Daley Thompson in a decathlon! “If he doesn’t succeed in football, it will be down to him, nobody else, because he has everything you need in the game.†James Milner of Leeds United is with the Under-19s to get 90 minutes under his belt rather than be a substitute against Holland. “There is no doubt he will get an Under-21 opportunity before too long,†said Platt. Arsenal pair David Bentley and Justin Hoyte are also involved with Bentley set to start. They are proof that the pyramid system is working, with both players stalwarts of younger England sides. “Both of them have performed well at those levels and this is a progression upwards,†said Platt. Blackburn’s new signing from Huddersfield Jon Stead will start on the bench but may get an opportunity later in the game. Stead has scored in his only two Premiership starts to date. “I spoke with Graeme Souness and he said the lad didn’t look out of place on the first day of training. He had seven attempts on goal for Blackburn in his last game and that’s what you want from a striker.â€

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Re: Possibly useful info on England Under 21 Friendly After a lot of investigation and I mean a lot of investigation, and without going through all the news I came acroos, I have discovered that the Holland Under-21 Squad are absolutely Terrible. They came 4th in a group of 5 in the Euro 2004 Under-21 Qualifiers, haveing only won 1 game. The following teams all came adhead of them, Czech Republic,Belarus and Ausria. I mean Belarus coming adhead of Holland. What does that say about how bad they must be. Also should be noted that on a recent visit to England to play the Under 21's they got hammered 4-0. Although with England starting 7 newbies, the game could be somewhat close, I must say that Holland seem to have no advantage and therefore in my opinion, they are a NO BET.