Question about Newmarket

Ok, so I'm looking at some course history, and Racing Post lists 'Newmarket' and 'Newmarket (july)' both hold flat races and I was just wondering what is the difference in these courses really? I should know, but for the life of me can't be certain what the differences are, can someone enlighten me? I found a map of the course on Turftrax, and it is like a double crook, with both options sharing the first half of the race course and splitting on the turn in. That seems familiar, but what are Racing Post on about here??? Any help would be appriciated...

Re: Question about Newmarket July Course - The July course is 2 miles 24 yards, with right-handed bend at halfway, the first mile being part of the Cesarewitch course, the last the straight Bunbury Mile. All races up to a mile are on straight course. Undulating, rising the last furlong to the post Rowley Mile - Right-handed 2m2f Cesarewitch Course turning into undulating 1m2f straight. Uphill final furlong exposes stamina weaknesses. Wide and galloping and gives a stern/good test. That's all I know my friend..

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.