JTW'S Progressive place betting

Something i've been considering for a while now and i think that the time to come to try and profit from it. For those of you who don't know [probably the vast majority :lol] i have been posting my Horse race selectons on the AT THE RACES section of the PL [ well worth a look at by the way if haven't had a dip into it , some top tipsters there ] Anyway , since sticking to a stricter criteria than i have ever done , i seem to be having some sucess in getting most of them placed. So the system is as follows , Starting with a 50pt bank i will post the days selection on here and the bet is a 10pt place at TOTE odds [ if your able to use BETFAIR during the day then no doubt you will get better odds but for those of us who are out working i'm afraid it'll have to be the TOTE.] IF theres a return then ALL winnings will be invested on the next selection. I'm hoping to get a return of 2.0 with every bet so after 2 sucessful bets we'll bank the returns , IF we get to 100pts profit then i'll either double the stake or go for 3 wins on the trot , we'll see ;) FRIDAYS SELECTION -- SHOT TO FAME 3.20 YORK - 10PT PLACE

Re: JTW'S Progressive place betting SHOT TO FAME - UNP LOSS - 10PTS Not to worry , it's FRIDAY 13TH after all :tongue2 HAMILTON - 9.20 - POLYQUEST - 10PT PLACE :hope If you want to see the reasoning for any of these , go to the AT THE RACES section and click on the Course selections for that day.

Re: JTW'S Progressive place betting That was a bit better , 2nd :clap TOTE returned £2.40 for £1 stake so bet returned 24pts which is going straight onto SCOTLAND THE BRAVE in the 4.50 at HAYDOCK. 24PT PLACE - SCOTLAND THE BRAVE :hope

Re: JTW'S Progressive place betting AYR - 3.00 - KYBER - Taking on a PRESCOTT odds-on FAV here , so either EW or place advised . A C/D winner [class 5 ] back on 22 June and up 4lb in the BHB ratings for that victory , a repeat of that run can see him finish in the first 3 imo. The race has 10 runners so far but with quite a few out of form [ PERRATT'S 3 at the bottom of the handicap for starters ] and not all proven at the DISTANCE this could be a decent place prospect. :hope 10PT PLACE

Re: JTW'S Progressive place betting hI jtw, Nice idea - i know i am a bit thick, but i just cant see your bank being at 77.60, are you including your stake in the winning? The tote figs are including your stake so 2.40 is 1.40 profit. I could be wrong though as i never use the tote. Keep em coming - may be havin a go on these from tomorrow. Paul

Re: JTW'S Progressive place betting Its the actual returns i'm including in the 'bank' situation mate. Remember that any winnings from one bet goes straight onto the next and if that comes in then they go into the 'current bank ' total Here's a breakdown Starting bank 50pts 10pt bet 1 - loss bank = 40pts 10pt bet 2 - loss bank = 30pts 10pt bet 3 - place [returns = 24pts] bank = 20pts 24pt bet 4 - place [returns = 57.60pts ] bank = 20pts + 57.60pts = 77.60pts Hope that helps :ok

Re: JTW'S Progressive place betting

AYR - 3.00 - KYBER - Taking on a PRESCOTT odds-on FAV here , so either EW or place advised . A C/D winner [class 5 ] back on 22 June and up 4lb in the BHB ratings for that victory , a repeat of that run can see him finish in the first 3 imo. The race has 10 runners so far but with quite a few out of form [ PERRATT'S 3 at the bottom of the handicap for starters ] and not all proven at the DISTANCE this could be a decent place prospect. :hope 10PT PLACE
3rd @ 15/2 Tote place = £2.30 x 10 = £23

Re: JTW'S Progressive place betting 8.35 FOLKESTONE - EMERALD WILDERNESS - Wouldn't expect better than a place dividend of 1.50 with this one but can't see it being out of the first 3 here tonight. EVERYTHING falls into place for him -Ground ,Distance , Class , form , trainer-form and can defy the 6lb pen for winning at WINDSOR lto. Officially that race was run on G/S but with the winning time being 0.1 sec BELOW the standard it was more G/F than anything !! 10 PT PLACE :hope

8.35 FOLKESTONE - EMERALD WILDERNESS - Wouldn't expect better than a place dividend of 1.50 with this one but can't see it being out of the first 3 here tonight. EVERYTHING falls into place for him -Ground ,Distance , Class , form , trainer-form and can defy the 6lb pen for winning at WINDSOR lto. Officially that race was run on G/S but with the winning time being 0.1 sec BELOW the standard it was more G/F than anything !! 10 PT PLACE :hope
1st @ 7/4f , place = £1.30 , Returns = £13

8.35 FOLKESTONE - EMERALD WILDERNESS - Wouldn't expect better than a place dividend of 1.50 with this one but can't see it being out of the first 3 here tonight. EVERYTHING falls into place for him -Ground ,Distance , Class , form , trainer-form and can defy the 6lb pen for winning at WINDSOR lto. Officially that race was run on G/S but with the winning time being 0.1 sec BELOW the standard it was more G/F than anything !! 10 PT PLACE :hope
:clap :clap :clap

Cheers KEV , going on Hols tomorrow but should still be able to post selections But after having a good look at FRIDAY'S racing i think we'll leave it to Saturday.
Good luck with this:ok Is a 'place' automatically 1st, 2nd or 3rd evry race or does it change depending on field? You seem to know what you're doing anyway:clap