Czech v Bulgaria - interesting info

Guest stebed

Guest stebed

Been looking for a reason to back Croatia and may have come up with one from sky sports website from the Bulgarian manager: Bulgaria coach Plamen Markov is planning to use most of his reserve players when his side meets Czech Republic in Prague in a warm-up friendly ahead of Euro 2004. Markov is erring on the side of caution by refusing to risk any of his first choice stars being injured with the finals less than two weeks away. "I am seriously thinking about having a combined team, mostly from the reserves, in Prague," he affirmed at a press conference in Sofia. "There is a great possibility that I will rest our key players. "I will decide who will get the rest after the fitness test during the last training session. "Some of the boys have had very long and tiresome seasons and they need to go to Portugal as rested as they can be." Bulgaria's last visit to Prague ended in a heavy 6-0 defeat in 2001, the match that led to Markov replacing Stoytcho Mladenov in the coach's job. "That match was more than two years ago," stressed Markov. "There is no point thinking about that result. "If someone has a complex, then he shouldn't be in the Euro squad." As for any spying missions from Bulgaria's opponents in Portugal - Sweden, Italy and Denmark - Markov is not concerned by his rivals' plans. "I don't have anything to hide," he continued. "In Prague, we will play exactly as we will play in Portugal." Defender Predrag Pazin is out of the Czech Republic friendly as he has remained in Sofia to have checks on an existing injury. Czech's very strong at home, not sure about the bulgarians, in qualification I think they w1 d1 l1 from memory - dont think their first 11 is upto Czech standard so no doubt the replacements wont be. Not a bank job but worth an interest at home for 4/7 with paddy power - maybe better available on the net but it suits me. 20pts Czech republic win.

Guest stebed

half time 0-0 Half time. Chances at both ends, Czechs have a strong team out with nedved, koller, rosicky and smicer playing.

Guest stebed

cheers boys Glad we all got the right result. Also fancy Republic tonight as the jamaican team looks weak on the skysports site. I took the 8/13 with paddys and they are betting in running.