Hollands woeful display

Guest JACKLESTER

Guest JACKLESTER

Did anyone else think Hollands display against the Irish was an absolute disgrace, I put a large double on England and Holland to win and the dutch let me down big time. It might be a case of sour grapes but I just can't understand the ineptitude of the dutch play. At times they just didn't seem interested. The Irish had players like Barrett and Alan Quinn in the midfield. Quinn plays in the second division for f**cks sake! If players like Davids, Cocu and Van der Vaart can't dominate midfield whats the world coming too, any other thoughts on this?

Guest plucey73

Re: Hollands woeful display I'm Irish so I'm thrilled with the lads:clap But it's always dangerous putting money on friendlies. Ireland are quite a strong team (especially at home) and the Dutch players were probably afraid to get "stuck in" in case they picked up an injury.

Guest JACKLESTER

holland Aye, not taking anything away from the Irish who did well but some of the dutch players were playing for their place in the team, this is why their performance baffled me a bit.

Guest Cash Handler

Friendly...

Aye, not taking anything away from the Irish who did well but some of the dutch players were playing for their place in the team, this is why their performance baffled me a bit.
I think it has been quoted many times before but International Friendly Matches are never a certain outcome. It hurts the amount of times these matches have lost me money. It is all about learning from such losses and perfecting your selection technique. You will have learned next time there are another set of friendly matches on the list. Good Luck.

Guest Cash Handler

Holland... Also, Ireland did play with some fight and desire. :clap Something the Dutch will never have...