Goodwood Value Tips

7:30 GOODWOOD This looks a 2 horse race to me Purple Emporer and Zifaaf. Purple Emporer is the more likely to show improvement but being american bred is far from certain to go on the ground. Zifaaf too has never been on soft but at 4.2/1 on betfair looks overpriced. He is also a better price to finish in the first 2 than Purple Emporer is to win. I have backed Zifaaf to win 4.2/1 with a saver on for a place at 0.52/1. Race turned out as expected Purple Emporer beating Zifaaf (SP100/30). 8:00 GOODWOOD May Day Queen may have run poorly in the Albany but back on an easy surface and able to race at or near the lead, if she runs anywhere approaching her Naas form should win this. So at around 15/8 she surely has a better than 35% chance. Can only see 2 small dangers Shamrock Lady and Tamara Moon both look fair prices for an upset, 6/1 and 9/1 currently. Taken savers on both. Hucking Harmony has not got a ....... hope of staying the trip in that ground. May Day Queen (SP 6/4) is clearly flattered by racing up with the pace at Naas, faded into 4th. Shamrock Lady won well (SP 9/2), Tamara Moon (17/2) disappointed possibly not handling the track. 8:30 GOODWOOD In a truely run race I can not see Ogee getting home either. Caracciola is from an out of form stable. So it is between Dundry and Swan Queen. The latter is the most likely improver and acts on at least good-soft. Dundry is proven on soft and over further, he seems also to be the most likely front runner. My prices to beat (on soft) are these: Swan Queen 6/4 Ogee 11/4 Dundry 11/4 Caracciola 16/1 I have gone for Dundry as the main bet 4.8/1and saved on Swan Queen 2.2/1. I love 7 furlong / mile races at Goodwood but can not find a likely front runner so no bet in the 9:00 Might stand by the bookies and back the leader after 20 yards. Oh Dear, played into Frankies hands on Ogee, they went a dawdle not testing Ogees stamina one little bit. His superior speed the winning factor in a comparitive sprint. At least I had the satisfaction of getting the value. Dundry (SP 5/2) ran as if amiss, Swan Queen (SP 2/1) ran well enough in the circumstances to be 2nd. Unfortunately those bookies did not take my bet in the 9:00 Pelicon Key each way 14/1 who got the lead in another dawdle. Bets in 3 races 2 savers won but a loss on the day. At least I have the satisfaction of getting the value. Ginge

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.