Punters Lounge Poker Site?

SteveO

If this site began to grow and prosper, do you think that one day it could be possible to start up it's own pokersite with fellow loungers able to invest in the venture? Also how much invetsment would it take to own your own pokersite?

Re: Punters Lounge Poker Site? anyone can start their own pokersite,is easy enough on boss but if you look at dtd they have invested mega thousands and yet to make a profit,it is getting the people in their droves to come and play on your site that is the hard part...

Re: Punters Lounge Poker Site? Look at Mansion too - they've chucked millions in, yet still their rooms are empty!!! (anyone heard anything on the rumour that they're about to go to iPoker?) I think the reality is that the market is saturated now - there are too many poker rooms chasing too few players - if you're not an established brand, it's extremely difficult to get into..... Mermaid was one interesting example - 300 Danish players clubbed together and created it ... no idea how successful it's been though....

Re: Punters Lounge Poker Site?

The problem is not creating a poker site or a bookmaker for that matter, that's a piece of cake. The problem is it costs thousands of pounds to market that product properly and compete with the other companies. :ok
Very true I'm sure but does anyone remember the good old days where bonuses were achievable to the average/small time rounder and there was good value for money to be had......i'm sure that there exists in the market a space for a more generous Site and I'm of the belief that you could still attract a large number of punters if the site was right. Maybe I'm dead wrong though.

Very true I'm sure but does anyone remember the good old days where bonuses were achievable to the average/small time rounder and there was good value for money to be had......i'm sure that there exists in the market a space for a more generous Site and I'm of the belief that you could still attract a large number of punters if the site was right. Maybe I'm dead wrong though.
Problem is there's no loyalty (as a few rooms have found to their cost). Sure if you throw money at the punters they'll come and play but as soon as you stop giving your money away and switch to a more sustainable strategy they'd all just bugger off. I have often wondered why someone doesn't come in and undercut everyone on the rake though.

I have often wondered why someone doesn't come in and undercut everyone on the rake though.
You mean like WFX/WPX or whatever they're called? (I cant even remember their name!!!) who give 100% rakeback? They still have no traffic!! The networks cap the amount of rakeback that their skins can offer - they dont want a "rake war".....

You mean like WFX/WPX or whatever they're called? (I cant even remember their name!!!) who give 100% rakeback? They still have no traffic!! The networks cap the amount of rakeback that their skins can offer - they dont want a "rake war".....
Well I don't play cash, so I was thinking for STTs i.e. instead of someone offering games at $20+2, why not $20+1?

Well I don't play cash' date=' so I was thinking for STTs i.e. instead of someone offering games at $20+2, why not $20+1?[/quote'] Mansion only charge 5% rake on STT. Their $20 games pay out $19 and the $5 games take 25 cents as rake. It has not helped them to get more players, I can't understand why.

Mansion only charge 5% rake on STT. Their $20 games pay out $19 and the $5 games take 25 cents as rake. It has not helped them to get more players, I can't understand why.
Well I never knew about it. Are they very busy? If they're reasonably busy and the standard isn't *too* tough I'm going to withdraw my SO balance and move it there.

Re: Punters Lounge Poker Site? I just logged into the site and they have 4 players registered on their sit and go tables. 2 players playing heads up on a $25 buy in and 2 players registered waiting for a 9 player $5 table to fill up. Not the busiest of sites, you have to wait ages to get into a game.

I just logged into the site and they have 4 players registered on their sit and go tables. 2 players playing heads up on a $25 buy in and 2 players registered waiting for a 9 player $5 table to fill up. Not the busiest of sites, you have to wait ages to get into a game.
Chicken and egg really then. I can log onto SO any time of day or night and get a game within a few minutes.

Well I don't play cash' date=' so I was thinking for STTs i.e. instead of someone offering games at $20+2, why not $20+1?[/quote'] I think that they include STT's in that - so in your example, it's $20+$0!!! The problem last time I checked them out though is as ever liquidity!! The main networks wont allow competition on rake (a "normal" function of oligopolistic market conditions I believe :loon), so the only ones that will compete on rake are those with their own software ..... who don't have the liquidity.....