When Poker Sites giveth, do they also taketh?

Beejayville

Wanted to get some opinions from all the well qualified Poker PL'ers out there. Ever since I won a MTT last weekend I have played a few low priced tourneys/sit and go's and have had some very bad beats. Things like all in KK against 22 and 2 comes on the river KK all in against someone who called all in with J5 spades suited, and spade/spade/spade last 3 cards KK on BB and all in to double up against 3 limpers, two call and one has AA and Q4, and two 4's come out, altho AA had me beat, AA was beat by trip 4's, and from guy going all in with Q4, cant work that out. Add to that, cards i have been getting have been barely bettable from any position, 92,27,38,62,J2,10 2, cards like this over and over. Went through 2 tourneys in a row and got 2 pairs, 77 and 22 (and both got beat when I bet :lol) Now don't get me wrong, I am not having a whinge or anything, just asking the question. These things happen, but I was wondering if Poker Sites have a way to determine if someone has won some money and then they get hands that are less chance of winning more often than not to get back some money they gave out. Before I won the MTT I was getting a fair spread of cards, now it seems i am not. Maybe that's just the way it is, and good cards will come again sometime, maybe I am reading too much into it. The examples i gave above, I had to go all in to double up cos blinds were eating away at me, and bout first time I got decent high pair to bet with. Thoughts?

Re: When Poker Sites giveth, do they also taketh? I once thought I was being penalised after I had withdrawn some winnings from a site after a decent win. I remembered how, years ago, fruit machines had an inbuilt mechanism for slowing down payouts after a large win, and wondered if this was something similar. I can't be certain, of course, but I don't think that this is actually the case. It's always easier to remember the bad beats, and those times when your lower pair catches trips to beat the higher pair tend to fade into oblivion. Clearly KK isn't a lucky hand at the moment, but the proof of the pudding is when tested over a period of time. It's easy to convince yourself that you are being punished for winning, and you just need to put it down to slight quirks rather than a cunning master plan by the site. What matters was "was it was the right decision at the time?" If you keep making the right decisions, then things should level up correctly. Good luck :hope