Rugby League: Super League - Round 16

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16

Am I I reading the tables wrong (its early ;) but surely Leeds and saints should be - ? Quite fancy HKR first impressions and possibly Wigan?
Got the Leeds handicap wrong way round bud, but nothing wrong with Saints....handicaps are displayed for the away team :D Wonder what Quins' injury list is like this week?

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 Argh ok, Cheers ;) Not sure about the quins, they've resigned two players that left for Doncaster during the close season, Mbu and Sherriefe. Sherriefe look decent but he was playign against Fev ;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 Yeah RugbyLad,I was amased at that line,it's huge,to see you might fancy it as well makes me confident,I'll look forward to seeing your picks for the round,Good Luck bro for the weekend.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 Definately mate. The return fixture, 26th July is on Sky though, they are also filming Boots 'n all in the board room aswell :) Andy Kain all signed up now so we have the half back pairing which Castleford had when they got promoted (ok, Brad Davis was also there) with Paul Handforth. He won NL Player of the Year in 2005 and I think lost his spot at Cas when they signed Brough. Haughey also excelled in that season too who is playing loose forward for us at the moment. With Jamie Field from Wakey too we really are looking good. Fingers crossed for tomorrow ;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 6 points start for Catalans seems a bit short to me.(was 4 with paddy power) Bulls love this fixture and are in top form. I wouldnt read too much into the French smashing Salford the other week. Can see there being plenty of points tonight at Leeds for both sides. Wouldnt be going anywhere near Leeds to cover that start, but id take total trys in the game to be over 9 at 11/10 sporting odds

6 points start for Catalans seems a bit short to me.(was 4 with paddy power) Bulls love this fixture and are in top form. I wouldnt read too much into the French smashing Salford the other week. Can see there being plenty of points tonight at Leeds for both sides. Wouldnt be going anywhere near Leeds to cover that start, but id take total trys in the game to be over 9 at 11/10 sporting odds
Good luck mate, seems a sensible pick. Yet, again I'm sitting on my hands. Although mary, mary is screaming out at Warrington +20pts.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 I did think about taking Warrington with 20 rl,as that seems far too high. I had it down as 14 before i seen the betting.Dont be surprised if Leeds play fantastic rugby for long spells and yet are only up 10/12 points on the scoreboard. They often do that in games where most people are expecting a bit of a hammering. Play really well but give away some poor trys. The Wire can score points and they will get chances so hopefully there will be plenty of points.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 Leeds v Warrington (Fri)

_42983733_leeds_warrington.gif
Date: Friday, 1 June Kick-off: 2000 BST Venue: Headingley Carnegie Matt Diskin misses out for Leeds after failing to recover from a groin injury. Lee Smith, who was not involved against Hull KR last time out, is included and they hope Gareth Ellis will recover from his dislocated finger. Warrington will be without Vinnie Anderson after he injured his back in the 40-12 loss to St Helens. He joins Stuart Reardon (knee), Martin Gleeson (knee), Chris Leikvoll (Achilles) and Chris Bridge (numerous) on the sidelines. The Wolves have won just once in their last seven games and are only four points above bottom side Salford.
Leeds: Webb, Donald, Toopi, Senior, Smith, McGuire, Burrow, Leuluai, Peacock, Jones-Buchanan, Ellis, Sinfield, Thackray, Bailey, Kirke, Ablett, Tansey, Hall. Warrington: Fa'afili, Johnson, Grose, Briers, Clarke, Rauhihi, Morley, Westwood, Mark Gleeson, Parker, Wood, Sullivan, Pickersgill, Grix, Bracek, Wainwright, Riley, Penny.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 Swerved the Wire game - unlike me not to have a bet on the friday match. Leeds had so many chances to wrap up the hcap but then blew it. Well done on anyone on Wire +18 or +20!! Commiserations to those of you on Leeds -16.5!!!

Good luck mate' date=' seems a sensible pick. Yet, again I'm sitting on my hands. Although [b']mary, mary is screaming out at Warrington +20pts.
This mary lark is becoming a bit of a bitch!!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 16 NB: Apologies for not posting much over recent weeks, for personal & work (5 new language sites) reasons, things are pretty hectic at the moment which has evitably hindered the time I spend on rugby previews. After this weekend I have clear run so I should be back up to speed shortly. Well done to those Salford & Leeds backers yesterday! Both (particularly Warrington) contrarian bets :D

Can see there being plenty of points tonight at Leeds for both sides. Wouldnt be going anywhere near Leeds to cover that start, but id take total trys in the game to be over 9 at 11/10 sporting odds
:ok Good call Alan

I did think about taking Warrington with 20 rl,as that seems far too high. I had it down as 14 before i seen the betting.Dont be surprised if Leeds play fantastic rugby for long spells and yet are only up 10/12 points on the scoreboard. They often do that in games where most people are expecting a bit of a hammering. Play really well but give away some poor trys. The Wire can score points and they will get chances so hopefully there will be plenty of points.
you got them spot on with that pre-match analysis. :clap back of the net! ;)

Argh bollocks, fev lost 36-28 down at Celtic, glad I didn't make the journey. First game I've missed for a while. new signing Kain went over the whitewash twice though, at least we picked up a bonus point :)
Hard luck matey......should have been on TV that.