Simple Laying System Trial

Over the past few weeks I've had a bit more time to 'study' the racing guides, papers and websites. Anyway I've noticed something that seems to work. However I'm consious that I've only ever noticed it and never recorded the results, so, chances are I'm only seeing what I want to see. Hence if I put it down in this thread then I've actively checked it prior to the races and have a record of the results. NO cash is being used at the current time. Anyway the system is quite simple and I've no problem detailing it here, but let's see if it works first:hope Today's lays are:

Date Time Course Horse Lay Price
30/05/2007 15:10 Brighton Liberty Run 4.5
30/05/2007 15:45 Brighton Piano Man 5.6
30/05/2007 16:05 Cartmel Honest Yor Honour 4.5
30/05/2007 16:20 Brighton Adage 4.4
30/05/2007 17:05 Yarmouth Bronze Star 5.6
30/05/2007 19:05 Southwell Fractured Foxy 2.26
The lay price was the current price on BF at the time of checking - usually I'd put up a price a little less and hope to get it matched between now and then.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Simple Laying System Trial

Date Time Course Horse Lay Price
30/05/2007 15:10 Brighton Liberty Run 4.5:D
30/05/2007 15:45 Brighton Piano Man 5.6:D
30/05/2007 16:05 Cartmel Honest Yor Honour 4.5:D
30/05/2007 16:20 Brighton Adage 4.4:D
30/05/2007 17:05 Yarmouth Bronze Star 5.6:D
30/05/2007 19:05 Southwell Fractured Foxy 2.26
Without wishing to jinx the last selection it's 5 out of 5 so far and the first ever one of my systems to end day one in a profit (strangely enough it's also the first ever one of my systems that I haven't backed with real money:wall) :hope for a clean sweep today

Re: Simple Laying System Trial :nana:nana:nana Thanks for your support guys. Couldn't have asked for a better start. I'm not sure how many selections there will be each day - I guess that they'd be between 2 and 8, but as I said in the first post this is the first time I'm recording all the selections as opposed to me thinking that it could work. Number of Lays: 6 Winning Lays: 6 Strike rate: 100% Starting Bank 1000pts New Bank: 1057pts after commission Profit/Loss: +57pts

All these qualify but I'm a bit uncomfortable laying horses at greater than 6.0 so I shall keep a record of these seperately. You never know they may fit the system and make it more profitable:hope
I find price "cut-offs" one of the hardest things to get my head around! Too high and you take more hits, too low and you lose many of the winners needed to boost your bank! Best of luck anyway mate!

Re: Simple Laying System Trial this is what i started doing with my initial thread mate - i split the bets into those i was betting on and those i was keeping an eye on (discarded horses). worth keeping track of mate, as they may throw up a chance to bet ON them for profit. long way to go, but good early signs there!

Re: Simple Laying System Trial daftpegasus "OK Moral dilema time. I did initially say that I would record those above 6.0 seperately but this now feels like after eventing to say that for lays under 6.0 the results are great 12/12:D" Don't worry, no dilema. it's only a paper trial. You said at the beginning "No Cash is being used at the present time". You're allowed to tinker with your system as long as you state clearly what you are doing. And as aliando said he split his bets because the trend told him to(that's what he meant anyway). :ok

Nice start mate, are you just laying Handicaps? Also 10 in the morning may be a bit early to lay horses for evening racing, but i suppose if it was real money you would lay them later.
The system doesn't differentiate between the different types of racing - at this stage it is very simple, either the right conditions are met and it's a selection, or it's not. I'm hoping that by recording everything that I'll find the filters that help make it work. I know what you mean about doing it at 10 in the morning and by doing this process nearer the start of each race would mean that some of the selections were no longer selections (does that make sense?). At the time I check I'm only looking to lay the favourite in a race if it meets certain conditions - a number of the runners close to the off are no longer the favourite and therefore would not be selections within the system. My problem is that I work and whilst I'm lucky in that I can get onto sites like this during the working day, I can't commit to doing this work at 10am and then rechecking 30 minutes or so before the off. On a day when there's fewer selections I might see if I can recheck each horse prior to the off to see if it's still a selection (i.e. still the favourite in the betting).

Re: Simple Laying System Trial Todays Selections are:

01/06/2007 14:10 Epsom Downs Ordnance Row 5.9
01/06/2007 14:25 Catterick Fractured Foxy 2.7
01/06/2007 14:35 Wolverhampton Cosmic Destiny 4.4
01/06/2007 15:00 Catterick Gigs Magic 6
01/06/2007 15:35 Catterick Mulligan's Gold 5.2
01/06/2007 16:15 Catterick Froissee 3.25
01/06/2007 17:45 Catterick Butterfly Bud 4.7

Todays Selections are:
01/06/2007 14:10 Epsom Downs Ordnance Row 5.9:)
01/06/2007 14:25 Catterick Fractured Foxy 2.7:)
01/06/2007 14:35 Wolverhampton Cosmic Destiny 4.4:)
01/06/2007 15:00 Catterick Gigs Magic 6:wall
01/06/2007 15:35 Catterick Mulligan's Gold 5.2:)
01/06/2007 16:15 Catterick Froissee 3.25:)
01/06/2007 17:45 Catterick Butterfly Bud 4.7:)
Another good day yesterday for the lay's under 6. Results of Lays Under 6.0 Number of Lays: 18 Winning Lays: 18 Strike rate: 100% Starting Bank 1000pts New Bank: 1171pts after commission Profit/Loss: +171pts Results of lays 6.0+ Number of Lays: 5 Winning Lays: 1 Strike rate:20% Starting Bank 1000pts New Bank: 789.5pts after commission Profit/Loss: -210.5pts Combined Results Number of Lays: 23 Winning Lays: 19 Strike rate: 83% Starting Bank 1000pts New Bank: 961.5pts after commission Profit/Loss: -39.5pts

Re: Simple Laying System Trial As a stats and systems freak,I have been following this thread with great interest. Why dont you just omit any selections over 6.00- use that as a system rule. Kind of makes sense at this stage of the game.:)

As a stats and systems freak,I have been following this thread with great interest. Why dont you just omit any selections over 6.00- use that as a system rule. Kind of makes sense at this stage of the game.:)
It's better to see how everything goes in the future imo. It's still early days.

As a stats and systems freak,I have been following this thread with great interest. Why dont you just omit any selections over 6.00- use that as a system rule. Kind of makes sense at this stage of the game.:)
It's very, very early in the trial and it's still only a paper trial. Almost certainly when I start to put money on my selections I will exclude all over 6.0, but I will still record the results. In the long term these figures will change. Taking into account all bets todate and it's basically broken even (which is a change on most of my betting). So I need to find the right filter to make a long term profit - if I exclude everything above 6.0 after 4 days it means I might miss some cruical information to help determine that filter.