Brighton 30/05

Re: Brighton 30/05 I had a close look at the Brighton card last night... here are my thoughts: 14.35 Brighton – Misaro (WIN) 3.6 @ Betfair (NAP)

Quite a competitive race, with whose winning and Divinsky forming the biggest challenge. However, I feel Misaro has proven more over the shorter ~5f distance – albeit in a lower class race than this afternoons…. Over 6f it’d be too close to call, but I expect Misaro to blow the competition away over 5f. The horse has won on its last three outings and hopefully will continue its good run of form today! Considering the level of competition 3.6 with Betfair is fair price.

14.35 Brighton – Whose winning (E/W) 7.8 @ Betfair

Has won on this course before and at this distance. However, most of its form comes over 6f, with the horse usually running a very strong final furlong. That’s pretty much why I can’t see it piping Misaro this afternoon. For me Whose winning is a 6f horse, with Misaro better over 5f.

15.10 Brighton – Liberty Run (WIN) 4.4 @ Betfair

Another that proven themselves over C&D. Very impressive winner in a very similar race last time out over this distance. Very strong finish – I expect it to carry on its good recent form. Prince des Neiges is obvious threat – but doesn’t have as much experience and was beaten well last two times out.

15.45 Brighton – Piano Man (WIN) 5.6 @Betfair

Doesn’t look a particularly strong race, very hard to pick an out an out winner. Piano Man is literally the horse with a tiny bit of decent form, as it looked strong first time out this year in Bath earlier in the month.

15.45 Brighton – Saheer (E/W) 12 @ Betfair

Has raced a lot this year, and should be in good condition. Came a very creditable 4th last time out in a stronger race, over 2f more than today. However, most of its best form come over this afternoons distance. Should be strong enough to take a place behind Piano Man.

16.20 Brighton – Squirlte (WIN) 5.4 @ Betfair

Really fancied Generous Jem for this one, but it fortunately it has been pulled. The next best option is this horse. Adage looks like the main opposition here, and won well last time out – but all previous form in unimpressive. Squirtle has made a habit of finishing just outside the places in much stronger races. The drop in class should allow this horse to pick up a win this afternoon.

16.55 Brighton – Vegas Boys (WIN) 4.8 @ Betfair

Horse with by far the strongest recent form in this race, most of which comes over 6f. Hard to oppose here. The extra distance should be not be a problem, as this horse finishes the final furlong very strongly.

16.55 Brighton – Drawback (E/W) 12.5 @ Betfair.

In my opinion the main threat to Vegas Boys. Unimpressive last year, but bust back onto the scene this year with an impressive 2nd in it first race back over 7 furlongs. Suggesting the extra 200 yards will favour this horse over the 6f stalwarts.

17.25 Brighton – Telltime (WIN) 5.8 @Betfair

In a higher class race last time out this horse weakened within the final furlong and dropped away, despite pushing the leader early. Drops down today in class and distance. Has form over this shorter 5f distance and should be more suited.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.