GAMBLING.COM MAGAZINE $2500 Freeroll on Sunday June 3rd

swampster

We're running a $2500 freeroll on William Hill this Sunday 3rd June at 17.00 BST (UK time) :) www.williamhillpoker.co.uk You just need to be a new account holder or have signed up to Will Hill in the past month. As age verification, you'll be asked to deposit $2 which will then be put back in your account. This is has been set up between Hills and the magazine I edit, gambling.com. Password is WHGAMBLI We had 55 runners for the Bluff one on Sunday, so some good value. Hopefully we'll get a few more players this time.

Re: GAMBLING.COM MAGAZINE $2500 Freeroll on Sunday June 3rd Unfortunately, having opened my William Hills account ages ago I won't be able to play in this .... however my brother Steve (Stevepl is the id - he did actually join PL but has never really been a contributor) has now made the numbers up to 32.

Re: GAMBLING.COM MAGAZINE $2500 Freeroll on Sunday June 3rd I'm sure most of us have Hills accounts, some of us might even spend rather a lot of money there, there might even be some that will close their accounts if they continue to read about "exclusive" freerolls for new account holders only

Re: GAMBLING.COM MAGAZINE $2500 Freeroll on Sunday June 3rd Yeah agree totally - When I'm an existing customer of a site and also an existing customer of the magazine (Not talking bluff - I dont subscribe to that) I dont expect to be excluded from their promotion as "reward" for my custom ..... I think this policy generates a lot of ill will, to both promotors....

Re: GAMBLING.COM MAGAZINE $2500 Freeroll on Sunday June 3rd

Yeah agree totally - When I'm an existing customer of a site and also an existing customer of the magazine (Not talking bluff - I dont subscribe to that) I dont expect to be excluded from their promotion as "reward" for my custom ..... I think this policy generates a lot of ill will' date=' to both promotors....[/quote'] A lot of that goes on in every business which is a load of bollards imo as you say rewarding newbies but not loyal customers, i don't really understand it myself :\. As an aside i quit Hills about a yr ago when a couple of gambling games i was playing crashed and the money i had in play in these games literally dissapeared and no matter what i did they wouldn't help me out one iota so screw them i say :ok

Re: GAMBLING.COM MAGAZINE $2500 Freeroll on Sunday June 3rd its all about generating sign ups innit. At some point somewhere we were ALL new account holders ! Plenty of sites out there to be new account holders at and take advantage of offers.

Re: GAMBLING.COM MAGAZINE $2500 Freeroll on Sunday June 3rd Yeah, I can understand the commercial aspect of attracting new customers - but surely there is a commercial aspect to keeping current customers happy too? When you see the headline in the mag along the lines of "Play in out $2500 freeroll - risk nothing, win big!" and you are a member of the site and you are a subscriber to the mag, but you only find out when reading the small print, or worse, when trying to register, it is frustrating.... I'm also hugely dubious of how much new custom it really attracts .... as we've seen, it just seems to persuade people to get their great grandmother (who doesn't have a computer and doesn't understand poker) to sign up .... (PS - Sorry swampster - not talking about you personally here - in general - my experiences of this are with PokerPlayerMag and InsidePoker. Anyway - I'll drop it here and let you get your thread back on topic....)

Re: GAMBLING.COM MAGAZINE $2500 Freeroll on Sunday June 3rd something i'm beginning to realise about the mag business is just how business-orientated it is. all advertising-driven, and gradually beginning to wonder if anyone cares about the subject matter or the readers.

Re: GAMBLING.COM MAGAZINE $2500 Freeroll on Sunday June 3rd nice - I came 2nd in the other freeroll for $450. That was Gambling Online Magazine and I think with 106 runners you can say that gambling.com Magazine kicked their asses :)