** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf - Crowne Plaza Invitational

Coming off a winner last week hopefully this week will be just as good :ok

SportGolf
EventCrowne Plaza Invitational
SelectionVaughn Taylor (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date24/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 67.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis week the most important stats are likely to be ball striking as accurate driving can be key on these tough holes in Texas. However, an exceptional putting week may see a player up the top. As well as this, being able to convert birdies on par 4s may also be important as this is a par 70 course and therefore there’s a couple of extra par 4s instead of 5s. Vaughn Taylor has had a mixed year. He has 3 top10s, including the Masters but he has also missed 3 cuts and hit some pretty average scoring in between. However, his game seems to fit the bill for this course. He is 24th for ball striking, 15th for GIR and 15th putting. However, what makes him even better is the fact that he is 2nd for birdies on par 4s with the top player (Harrington) not in the field this week. He has some course form with a T17 last year when he was T7 for putting showing he likes these greens. However, he has improved since last year and I expect him to challenge near the top. With these odds from Paddy Power giving an extra place it’s definitely worth a punt. GL 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6
SportGolf
SelectionKenny Perry (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date24/05/2007
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 71.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis week the most important stats are likely to be ball striking as accurate driving can be key on these tough holes in Texas. However, an exceptional putting week may see a player up the top. As well as this, being able to convert birdies on par 4s may also be important as this is a par 70 course and therefore there’s a couple of extra par 4s instead of 5s. Perry hasn’t had the best of years, however, he hit a few decent rounds at the players a few weeks ago hitting a worst round of 75. However, what was interesting was that he was T14 for putting and T16 for accuracy and therefore showing signs of his form coming back. However, what I’m concentrating on more with Kenny Perry is his course form. This is his course. Over the last five years his form reads T37-Win-T12-Win-T2. I was expecting something more like 50/1 so at this price he is definitely worth a punt to find some form at his favourite course. GL 1/4 1,2,3,4,5
SportGolf
SelectionDavid Toms (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date24/05/2007
Bookmaker/Pricetotesport @ 34.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis week the most important stats are likely to be ball striking as accurate driving can be key on these tough holes in Texas. However, an exceptional putting week may see a player up the top. As well as this, being able to convert birdies on par 4s may also be important as this is a par 70 course and therefore there’s a couple of extra par 4s instead of 5s. David Toms is a proven winner, however, while he loves this course he surprisingly hasn’t won this tournament yet but I don’t expect this to be the case for much longer. In his last 6 tries he has 4 top 8 finishes including 3 top 4 finishes. He is hitting over 66% over fairways, ranked 17th for putting and adding to that, he is sitting 3rd in par 4 birdie percentage. While his price suggests he is not on form he has 4 top 10s already this year including at the Masters where tough greens and accurate play come into play showing he has the form to match up to a tough course. This price is too good to miss. GL 1/4 1,2,3,4,5
SportGolf
SelectionBob Estes (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date24/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 81.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis week the most important stats are likely to be ball striking as accurate driving can be key on these tough holes in Texas. However, an exceptional putting week may see a player up the top. As well as this, being able to convert birdies on par 4s may also be important as this is a par 70 course and therefore there’s a couple of extra par 4s instead of 5s. Estes has not had a sparkling year by any means, however, he already has one top 10 finish in Texas this year and finished in the top 10 last week. While his stats overall may not seem impressive, he is currently top for putting on the PGA Tour. However, what makes him more appealing is his last weeks performance where he hit the least putts in the tournament, was T10 for driving accuracy and hit 61% or better for GIR in all 4 rounds on his way to finishing T6 showing that he is finding some great all round form. He knows how to play this course having finish T7-T6 in consecutive years (1999-2000) and should be looking to him form before he plays his favourite tournament next week. As well as this, he is a Texan and with the home crowd behind him, he may be inspired to go the extra length and keep the trophy in the state. GL 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6

Re: Golf - Crowne Plaza Invitational JIM FURYK E/W @ 14/1 Ladbrokes Jim Furyk well i've been tempted in again. Interesting stat in yesrerdays Racing Post, in the last year, he has finished the first five, a good 5 times on Par 70 courses. Not a bad performances two weeks ago at the Players he he was tied 28th considering he twice went into the water on the 17th! (i thought he was extremely accurate!) Tied 17th in this event last year but I am hoping for better display this time around against a field which lacks strength in depth.

Re: Golf - Crowne Plaza Invitational I think Vaughn Taylor has withdrawn which I am gutted about because I thought he looked really great value. Another two to look out for, although not a tip as such, who I think could really challenge are Jonathan Byrd @ 41 and Ken Duke @ 51. Their prices are just a bit too short considering they havent proved they can actually win when getting into contention really. GL