York ~ 17/05/07

SportHorse Racing
Event2.45 York
SelectionAuthorized
Strength10/10
Date17/05/2007
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningMade a slow start on it's debut but finished it's race well and pedigree suggests this type of trip will be more suited than the mile it ran over that day. Made it's debut in a class 2 race rather than a class 5 maiden and then leaped in class to win a Group 1 in great fashion, travelling well and quickening up well with an automatic response when asked for an effort. The form in that Group 1 is pretty solid with Eagle Mountian finishing 5th in the 2000 Guineas giving it a boost. Favourite for the Derby so anything less than a convincing win will see it drift but I think it will take this on the way to Epsom. I think Proponent and Raincoat look bigger dangers than Adagio but need to handle the step up in class and Raincoat has the advantage of a recent run.
SportHorse Racing
Event2.15 York
SelectionAnna Pavlova
Strength10/10
Date17/05/2007
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.75 (Back)
ReasoningA lot could depend on how much rain gets into the ground overnight as the forecast tomorrow is for good weather. I think the ground might be softer than Wednesday which would suit Anna Pavlova as it enjoys cut in the ground. Won easily last time out in a listed race worth 32k. Has a great course record, won here on soft, placed here on soft and good. The placed effort here was in a Group 2 race behind Rising Cross which ran respectably Wednesday. Echelon looks to be the main danger but it would need firmer ground and only beat Topatoo by a neck, which looked like a handicapper at best before that last race, which was a muddling affair. Course and distance form together with proven class and recent good form make this todays banker and if the ground gets any softer I could see this getting even shorter.
I also fancy Wise Dennis and Pride Of Nation in the 3.15. Wise Dennis is clearly ahead of the handicapper winning last 2 races in fine style and Pride Of Nation looks likely to improve this year and Cumani/Mackay partnership did well last year.

Re: York ~ 17/05/07 Horse Name: Topatoo Racecourse: York Time: 2.15 Her York record reads:-2135-1122- So she obviously loves this track. Bids to take revenge over recent Newmarket winner Echelon but meets our selection on worse terms over a longer trip. Horse Name: Authorized Racecourse: York Time: 2.45 The Derby's clear 'Fav' and this looks a prep run for that. He won the Group 1 Racing Post Trophy in a very quick time and the trainer has said he will act on this faster ground with a step up in trip. Horse Name: Wise Dennis Racecourse: York Time: 3.15 Only 3lbs higher for his impressive win @ Ascot last week in the Victoria Cup. This 5yr old has done all his winning over 7f and should cope well with the extra furlong today judged off that 4L victory.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.