Chip counts at finalise standings

rosco

I have played in a number of tournaments recently, and have become increasingly frustrated by the fact that if it doesn’t finish by a certain time there will be a chip count. Largest stack gets first etc.

It’s the fourth time it’s happened in the last couple of months, but Saturday was even more frustrating.

The tourney started at 9pm. 7500 chips blinds at 100, 100, for an hour, blinds increased every half hour. But also a triple chance, so you could rebuy once, then add on. The tourney had to finish by 3:30.

I got to the final table(10) about 8 but played aggressive as only 6 paid.

The massive chip leader was slowing things down a little, and being very tight expecting 1st at a chip count.

At 3 am, I had just taken out 6th place, doubling up to 150,000k, 3000k short of the Chip leader. Others were 115k the other two had about 60/70k

Now the chip leader asked what the pot was and suggested to split the pot, the others obviously agreed. I wanted to play on. I had just doubled up, wanted to play to a finish, Although didn’t want to get into an all in fest on the last 3 hands. After a 5 minute discussion I reluctantly agreed. By this time it was about 3:10.

Would anyone else of stood firm and played to a finish? Or how would they have played this?