Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic Two early gut feelings would be to take Harlequins & Huddersfield. The likes of Richard Moore and Adam Watene are going to struggle on a big field like the Millennium and I see them running out of steam against the in-form Giants. Also pencilled in are Warrington & perhaps Bradford.

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic

Quite a big handicap that mate....what are your thoughts?
This will be the first time I've seen Celtic in over a year so I'm looking forward to it. There results have been brilliant and they should get promoted by coming top of the league with Fev and Barrow aiming to get up through the play offs. I've seen Oldham play about 4 weeks ago and a tidy little side. Matched Fev for 60 minutes until we pushed up a few gears. I'll have to check team news with regard to Oldham (them travelling down today I would presume) is a factor worth considering. It is a big handicap and for that reason I'd be tempted to back Oldham with a small stake. :ok

This will be the first time I've seen Celtic in over a year so I'm looking forward to it. There results have been brilliant and they should get promoted by coming top of the league with Fev and Barrow aiming to get up through the play offs. I've seen Oldham play about 4 weeks ago and a tidy little side. Matched Fev for 60 minutes until we pushed up a few gears. I'll have to check team news with regard to Oldham (them travelling down today I would presume) is a factor worth considering. It is a big handicap and for that reason I'd be tempted to back Oldham with a small stake. :ok
It will the first time I've seem Celtic....looking forward to it. And it's been a LONG time since I last watched Oldham....werent they known as the Oldham Bears?

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic Yeah Oldham bears and have played one season or was it two in Super League? Changed their name a couple of times due to going bust. They go bust every 3 or 4 years due to owing the tax man a load of VAT but somehow pop up again as basically the same club. Now called the Roughyeds. They've got a decent coach who is slowly turning things round and they've spent a bit of cash in the close season. They had to though because they got relegated from NL1 last season and hadn't won a professional game in over 12 months ;) We played them 2 or 3 years ago and they didn't have an away kit so they had to play in our away kit, they only had 15 fit men too, so they had their kit man on the bench... embarrasingly we drew 12-12 :rollin :rollin :rollin They then beat us away in Gary H Price's last game in charge. I'd advise no bet tonight as haven't seen Celtic, I'll have a look around and see what others are saying and what the money is like on betfair and let you know before kick off :ok I'm going to watch London Skolars vs Fev this week, I went last year and they beat us, probably one of the worst results in our history. I'm a glutten for punishment :lol

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic Booooo PSG. We got booted out of the top division for that bunch on the proviso that if it didn't work out we would be promoted back :( No Huddersfield, no Wakefield... interesting table that Rugbylad. Thanks

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic No idea about the 1st game, Rovers are welll worth a bet with 10. Derby game, Cooke swapping sides and for all Hulls nice rugby they never bury anyone. Last week at Wakefield was a perfect example, they almost lost a game they should have had a 12 points plus lead in. Wigan with 10 is also good value. This game is coming at the right time for the Warriors as they are on good form. Barrett is the best player in the league and its time he done the business when it really matters. Wakefield looked as poor as Salford are last week and that is saying something. They were terribe, standing back and letting Hull play, if they do that against a Giants side who are throwing the ball about and playing with confidence they will get hammered. Warrington are my best bet of the weekend. Salford cant defend their line and although Warrington are not at their best, they are getting players back and for 60mins ran the Bulls close. Get the ball in the danger zone and you will easily cross that Salford line. Bulls are my 2nd best bet with 6 start. They have a history of doing the business against Leeds when they are underdogs and the loss of JP for Leeds will be massive. GL all,well unless yer betting against me.;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic Interesting reading Totesports Highest Scoring Team Of The Weekend market. Hull appear to be favourites at 2.75 playing in the Hull derby. Theyve not impressed me in recent weeks as an attacking force without Cookey. The last Hull derby was quite closely fought and Hull were far from the dominant force. Warrington up against Salford at 7.0 looks outstanding value though. Wolves team now seeing some key players back now. With lots of space on the millenium pitch, I forsee the wolves posting a healthy score against a team conceding an alarming number of points of late.

Rugbylad,Whats your thoughts on Salford/Warrington? I think the Reds could get the upset here,
I'm not so sure about Salford to be honest Jumbo, mate. Think henry sums it up perfectly....
Wolves team now seeing some key players back now. With lots of space on the millenium pitch' date=' I forsee the wolves posting a healthy score against a team conceding an alarming number of points of late.[/quote'] I have said it before, this Salford unit struggle on wider surfaces with lots of space and that's one thing the Millennium Stadium has plenty of. The centres at the City Reds are pretty poor in the tackle....a factor I expect the Wolves, equally desperate for a win, to exploit.

Interesting reading Totesports Highest Scoring Team Of The Weekend market. Hull appear to be favourites at 2.75 playing in the Hull derby. Theyve not impressed me in recent weeks as an attacking force without Cookey. The last Hull derby was quite closely fought and Hull were far from the dominant force. Warrington up against Salford at 7.0 looks outstanding value though. Wolves team now seeing some key players back now. With lots of space on the millenium pitch, I forsee the wolves posting a healthy score against a team conceding an alarming number of points of late.
I would have had Warrington down as favs to score the most. Good spot mate.

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic Superb game tonight dont you think!! That fight reminded me of a game I played in against UCE (uni of central england) for the midlands division title. We were losing, had a fair old scrap at the beginning of the 2nd half and ended up running in half a dozen tries or so! Happy days! Thumbs up to NL2 :ok

I've taken under 63.5pts in play
Celtic somehow blow a 26-6 lead to lose 34-26. Quite a lot of slapstick comedy tries in that one but not quite enough to go overs. the bookies seemed to think Celtic would run up a cricket score! Thankfully they didn't as this bet saves my night after a loss on the Magners League!!

Thumbs up to NL2 :ok
The standard is obviously poorer, than Super League but there isn't much difference in the NL1 and NL2 if you take out Cas, Widnes, Halifax and Whitehaven. Good advert for the national leagues, good entertainment value :ok Kick in the goolies for Sky and Celtic though :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Expansion, your having a laugh, keep it in the M62 corridor, sorry Kevshat :tongue2

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic yeah i was gonna say, if you're going to bother with all this fanfare about bringing the game to Wales, you could have atleast had Celtic winning the game when the focus of the welsh public was on them. some way to go about converting a new audience :lol

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic Actually,I'm keen on a couple of matches with small stakes,these matches are all on TV here tonight.. Bulls vs Leeds I think the Bulls have a very real chance of winning here and with the loss of Peacock for the Rhinos even more so. The loss of Hape though for the Bulls makes me nerous,but as i'm having a bit of fun and looking forward to the 3 matches,I may as well have something on them to make them more intresting,so as both these sides seem to be in form and the Bulls pack is still fairly solid i'm taking the Bulls. Salford vs Warrington Warrington are witout Bridge and while that may look like no biggie,I tend to think it is,the Wovles are on a bad run of form and now their leading man is out. Salford if i'm correct have won 3 of the last 4 against the Wovles and while the Wovles appear better on paper,the Reds need to show some desperation and go for the win. The way the Wovles have been playing if the reds can get off to a good start,I think they may well be hard to pull back. I'm sure the others will disagree and they will have a far getter knowledge of the Super League than I,as they are over there,but for me it is just good to see the Super League on TV over here and I want some excitement and there ain't much excitement in $1.20 now is there. Good Luck guys with your selections.

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic Good luck guys and welcome to the rugby forums Grip n' rip :welcome Two bets for me today are: Huddersfield -8pts vs Wakefield (2pts) Warrington -8pts vs Salford (1pt) Sorry for no write up, I have to pop out now! Good luck all :hope

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic 2nd result in....... Warrington 50 vs 18 Salford

Two bets for me today are: Huddersfield -8pts vs Wakefield (2pts) 36 v 12 :clap Warrington -8pts vs Salford (1pt) 50 v 18 :clap Good luck all :hope
Not a bad day's work that! Should have gone for a 2pt stake on Warrington as well, it's sometimes hard to stake so much on two selections at once. :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow

Interesting reading Totesports Highest Scoring Team Of The Weekend market. Hull appear to be favourites at 2.75 playing in the Hull derby. Theyve not impressed me in recent weeks as an attacking force without Cookey. The last Hull derby was quite closely fought and Hull were far from the dominant force. Warrington up against Salford at 7.0 looks outstanding value though. Wolves team now seeing some key players back now. With lots of space on the millenium pitch, I forsee the wolves posting a healthy score against a team conceding an alarming number of points of late.
outstanding tipping henry! :notworthy i missed out on backing your selection by minutes :wall what an end to the bradford leeds match. :loon ganson and klein what a double act :lol ...and they cost me serious wedge :sad

Re: Rugby League: Super League Rd 13 - Millennium Magic I got to say the Salford one was for fun,but is Klein really up to standard?? I'd say the Bradford fans will be angry and on that performance by the officials,they should be,disgusting officials. But sorry to all for some shockers,from me and Klien.