Female Poker Players!

SteveO

I've not been very impressed by the level of play from top female poker pros on the box. Now I know that there aren't that many to choose from Harman, Liz Lieu, Gowen, even Tilly (snigger)etc but I've not been very impressed the exception being Kathy Liebert and Isabelle Mercier. But I would say that theres a lady who plays in a regular home game locally who's the best player I've come across in live play (even if she doesn't know what she's doing):) , Your thoughts please.

Re: Female Poker Players!

I've not been very impressed by the level of play from top female poker pros on the box. Now I know that there aren't that many to choose from Harman, Liz Lieu, Gowen, even Tilly (snigger)etc but I've not been very impressed the exception being Kathy Liebert and Isabelle Mercier. But I would say that theres a lady who plays in a regular home game locally who's the best player I've come across in live play (even if she doesn't know what she's doing):) , Your thoughts please.
most of the PL lady players are crap as well so it must run true :lol

most of the PL lady players are crap as well so it must run true :lol
I know you only said that to get a reaction, but OK, I'll rise to the bait!! Oi :spank:spank:spank:spank:spank You only say that 'cos you're scared of us Brian ;) More seriously, there are some good female players out there and some crap ones (and the same applies to the guys), but as there are more guys playing the game then naturally more of the top players are going to be guys. There are plenty of the 'top' male poker players I wouldn't be too impressed with either. Don't think you can argue too much with Jen Harman though - I'd also add Annie Duke to the list personally - and don't forget Victoria Coren has recently won an EPT title. That said - when we were out in Vegas, in 2 of the tournaments I was playing there was a woman in each who managed to go fairly deep without seeming to have much of a clue at all as to what she was doing (I finished in the money in each and they didn't though :)). However, luckily at the cash tables I ran into far more guys with deep pockets and equally little idea about how to play the game :nana:nana:nana

there are some good female players out there and some crap ones
I dont see any of our lovely ladies in the top 10 of BPP ;) Ooohhhh nooooo - I didn't mean it, I didn't say anything - I'm butting out - put those boltcutters down!!!

Guest gazza271

I dont see any of our lovely ladies in the top 10 of BPP ;) Ooohhhh nooooo - I didn't mean it, I didn't say anything - I'm butting out - put those boltcutters down!!!
ut oh mate, I can see Sam and her boltcutters joining Andy when he's next down south, you better hide :unsure

Re: Female Poker Players! OOPS I think I've opened up a can of worms here! No but seriously none or the Ladies have impressed me other than the 2 I mentioned earlier. Particularly disappointed with Jen Harman she seems to wear her heart on her sleeve and I think she's a cokehead always twitching her nose and very moody.

OOPS I think I've opened up a can of worms here! No but seriously none or the Ladies have impressed me other than the 2 I mentioned earlier. Particularly disappointed with Jen Harman she seems to wear her heart on her sleeve and I think she's a cokehead always twitching her nose and very moody.
I do believe Jen is a good player, plays tight and usually makes the right decision. I like Mercier too but Kathy Liebert does my head right in :wall She just doesn't shut her trap! Talks non-stop and usually way overplays her hands. She always shuts up when she has a monster too, quite an easy read.

My missis always puts the kids to bed' date=' comes the table in my home games all 'oh is it my go yet?' and then fleeces all my mates.[/quote'] I know how you feel mate. ;) My wife plays her 1st live game, infact her 1st game ever and she comes 4th at the last PL meetup. :loon I can't remember playing. :$