creating a poker website

step1

there must be thousands of poker websites out there so there must be money to be made from them. think i'll start one too but don't know how to go about it. suppose the first thing is to register a domain name but how much does that cost? then there's this affiliate thingy. how does that work? i know some contributors to this forum have their own sites so perhaps you could share your experiences regarding the ups and downs of running a website.

Re: creating a poker website When you say "Poker Website" do you mean a site where people can play poker, or a site about poker? I presume you mean the latter. Registering a domain is quite cheap nowadays - there are many sites out there where you can register a site for less than £15. You could look at the blogging area (which I do myself) which are absolutely free - and very popular (blogger.com is very popular and easy to use). Most major websites have an affiliate section which you can sign up to - you paste some of their code on your site, and if anyone buys something from or signs up to the relevant site, you will gain some revenue. I am a Pokerstars affiliate, so if someone signs up to them through my blog - I will gain $75 per sign up (dependant on that person actually playing a certain amount of poker).

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.