Super 14: Round 12 Selections

Waratahs vs. Highlanders The Highlanders are coming off being thrashed by <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Canterbury 38-2 while the Waratahs last week had a 13 point win over the Reds. While, NSW has lost both of their halfbacks, I still see them coming away with a win here at least 55% of the time. At $1.80 at home and considering the form line of both teams I see the Waratahs as excellent value. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Waratahs Money Line – Stake 6/10 - Stan James @ $1.80

Stormers vs. Blues My play for this game is based on pure long term value, of course the Blues are favourite in this match, but the odds on a Stormers win are too good to refuse. I think the Stormers are more like 35-40% to win this match, not the 27% suggested by the odds. The Blues are coming off a poor game last week, they have failed to deal with Luke McAlister's absence and have been plagued by poor passing and kicking in the last few weeks. In all, there is no better time for the Stormers to catch them and at this price I'm on board!

Stormers Money Line – Stake 4/10 – Bet365 @ $3.75

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections Crusaders win by margin of 1-12 Crusaders are in great form coming into this game and will want to maintain their position on top of the ladder. They face the team they beat in the finals who will be looking for revenge. This is meeting between two old rivals from the two main NZ cities so expect plenty of fireworks here. Can't see a Crusaders blowout as the Hurricanes usually play them close but the fact is, the Crusaders have won 7 of their last 8 clashes, so they should win again but by a small margin

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections Brumbies over 47.5 The Brumbies have been in great recent form with Larkham leading the way. They have won their last 3 games and are in equal 4th on the ladder. They realsie the imprtance of not only a win but a bonus point also so expect to see theri typical attacking style of rugby. On the other hand, the Force have been woeful over the last two weeks and have been conceding too many points. They are in 7th position and 1 point out of the top 4, so they need to get their game back on track. The recnt good form of Giteau, back at his old home ground, gives them cause for a rebound as alot is on the line. They too know the importance of a win with bonus points, so look to them to play an expansive type of game. This has points written all over it.

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections

Crusaders win by margin of 1-12 Crusaders are in great form coming into this game and will want to maintain their position on top of the ladder. They face the team they beat in the finals who will be looking for revenge. This is meeting between two old rivals from the two main NZ cities so expect plenty of fireworks here. Can't see a Crusaders blowout as the Hurricanes usually play them close but the fact is, the Crusaders have won 7 of their last 8 clashes, so they should win again but by a small margin
Nice spotting there BlackCrow,I had that one to.:ok

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections Reds vs Cheetahs:Cheetahs -2.0 10/10,13+ maybe,Reds are decimated and playing accordingly,Cheetahs should be bank today. Tahs vs Highlanders:Highlanders +3.0,9/10:Tahs been hopeless all season at least the Highlanders have been competitive. Cheifs vs Sharks:Sharks 1-12 or just to win,they are at decent odds.

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections Cheetahs -5.5 @ 2.07 Cheetahs have won the only two games between these two sides and should make it a hat trick of wins. The Reds are woeful and deserve to be on the bottom of the ladder. As for the Cheetahs they have been unlucky with some of their games but they do love to throw the ball around andwith Juan Smith providning the grunt in the forwards they have the muscle in the pack to set it up for their backs. This could be a blowout, but take the handicap on offer as a safer option

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections Chiefs over 47.5 What a game with the 5th placed Chiefs v 3rd placed Sharks. Both have a very attacking mindset and have scored plenty of points prior to this game. Both teams have reasons to win so they will try to ensure they score as many as possible. The Chiefs will be aiming to scoring via tries to get the bonus point, while the Sharks will rely on the kicking of Montgomery and especially Steyn who can score 55 metre field goals

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections Highlanders win The Waratahs have been simply atrocious compared to last year and are only playing for pride, as you could say the Highlande are too, even though they have a very faint chance of making the semi's. The problem with the Waratahs is that there forwards have not been able to set it up for their backs, while the backs when they get the ball, are too stagnant and predictable. One of their better players in Beale is out which further limits their attacking options. The Highlanders have a very good forward pack and watch Oliver and Hayman target the Waratah scrum which is often a weakness that is not always exploited. They should be rubbing their hands with anticipation how much they will toy with the Warath scrum. This will set it up for a Highlanders win.

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections Is anyone watching this Sharks/Cheifs match? Regardless of what happens in the remaining game tonight,no more super 14 for me,the ref is shocking once again,Rugby Union really need to do something about their officials,they are truly disgusting,it's not sour grapes either,If you are watching this match you will know what I mean,disgusting officials.C'mon Union fix the problem.

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections I'm gonna have a rant here. The Sharks won't come back from this at half time,but regardless the Rugby Union need to do something about their officials.The Sharks are killing themselves at present and the Cheifs are playing brilliant Rugby but I sdon't know how many of you come from NZ but if you don't and you don't get to watch the matches,the Refs are terrible and even Rugby Union supporters in NZ are starting to notice it,it's that bad. New Zealand without a shadow of a doubt have the best running rugby in the world and when it's working even I can admit it's great to watch,but with these new scrum laws and the constant stoppages with the missed knock ons and forward passes it's just terrible to watch.I have grown up here and for NZers in genral it is just plain ugly Rugby at present,I really hope and i'm not a Union supporter that by the World Cup in France this year that they really work hard to fix their problems with their officials,if not for themselves then at least for the Fans of the game. Back to the League untill the Highlanders come on.

Re: Super 14: Round 12 Selections

Highlanders win The Waratahs have been simply atrocious compared to last year and are only playing for pride, as you could say the Highlande are too, even though they have a very faint chance of making the semi's. The problem with the Waratahs is that there forwards have not been able to set it up for their backs, while the backs when they get the ball, are too stagnant and predictable. One of their better players in Beale is out which further limits their attacking options. The Highlanders have a very good forward pack and watch Oliver and Hayman target the Waratah scrum which is often a weakness that is not always exploited. They should be rubbing their hands with anticipation how much they will toy with the Warath scrum. This will set it up for a Highlanders win.
Shot Bro,on the both of them. Looking through your fingers with 60 seconds left?lol