The $

Osesame

Re: The $

Any prediction on what way its heading i.e. Will it continue to get worse or recover? If its expected to recover then now would be a perfect time to load up your poker accounts.
Truth is no one's really sure. If the chinese decide to buy something useful with their $ and certain countries continue to increase the amount of oil they sell in euros it could be in real trouble. Then you have to judge that against the strength of the £. Inflation data yesterday suggests that interest rates will have to be increased again, and maybe once or twice more this year, which should mean the £ continues to strengthen against the $, unless it's already been priced in. Been following this for a while now, the economy both here and in the US is in unchartered territory. If you're interested google Peter Schiff and have read/listen to some of his interviews.

Re: The $ I guess it depends on how you look at it if you deposit £100 now that equates to $200 if you had deposited £100 a few months ago it would have been about $180 so you are actually gaining $20 more to your bankroll as of today however if you are withdrawing then yes, you get less sterling for your $ so maybe you should deposit when the rate is about $2.10 and then withdraw when it falls to $1.80 and make some cash? Damo

I think the point is' date=' the money in your poker account just now is worth less than it was 6 months ago.[/quote']

Re: The $ I am an optimist :) and looking to grind out that extra few dollars :tongue2 anyway if George Soros can do it, I am sure the rest of us can hmmm millionaires :dude Damo

:rollin:rollin If only forex trading were that easy. We'd all be millionaires by now.

Re: The $ Sites like Sporting Odds adjust your balance according to the exchange rate at the start of every month so you cant just leave your money in hoping to make a profit without even playing. Sites like iPoker hold your balance in £s and do the exchange when you sit at a table so no money to be gained there either.