Ling 3.10

Guest beamer

Silken Brief Not too sure how the betting will pan out in this race, but I do like the look of Silken Brief. Ex Stoute horse who is dropping down in class, been dropped a couple of lbs and has Fallon back on board. This 5yo is lightly raced with only 8 runs to her name, so we may see more improvement, although she has had problems. Her two runs over C&D read well enough, but she did have excuses. Her 1st run was run at a crawl and she was unable to settle and her 2nd run was after a 7 month lay off. I really cannot find any negatives for this one. Superchief would have to be my next best in the race. Unlucky loser in my book on Saturday, I always regarded SC a 7f horse over this course. However, from 75 career runs his stats for C&D in class E in Feb read 2 wins from 2 runs. His last win was actually in this race 2 years ago off a 3lb higher mark. Jools is well h/capped but will probably need the run. Acorazado is up 6lb and more importantly upped in grade. Tiger Tops wins were a maiden and apprentice event. This looks tougher. Eastborough has questions to answer re trip and his course win dates back to a 2yo maiden. Deeper In Dept should go close, but I'm not sure about the form lto with the disappointing College Deliqient so close. Sir Laughalot is stepping up in trip, whether he stays is another matter. Topton is a bit of a teaser, with Spencer on board. Surprising to find that he has only run twice over C&D in class E, winning one of them. The race could be run to suit Topton. Silkien Brief for me with a saver on Superchief if he's double figures. I will probably be backing Galley Law in the 2.30 at Southwell, but I want to check the opposition. I also wanted to crack the sprint, were I think the best draw will be in the centre. I will have to look at the race tomorrow. All comments appreciated beamer