Realisitically...

Vilamoura04

Re: Realisitically... Absolutely :ok However, obviously the more you buy in for, the less people you have to get past ....... A $3 sat for a $15,000 package, assuming everyone is of level ability and you have no edge will see one entrant for every 5000 entires..... PokerRooms are falling over themselves to give away WSOP packages ..... FAR better off going via this route ..... if you keep your eyes peeled there are WSOP aded games out there..... A couple of examples..... A $12,000 WSOP package freeroll this month with Poker Player magazine ... if you get 300 entries, that's a 1 in 300 chance (equivalent to about 17 x $3 sat attempts!!!) A Mansion WSOP added game at the end of May .... this is branded PokerNews, but appears open to all .... it does have a $50 buy in, but the buy in is distributed as normal prize money.... There are loads out there .... JUST NEED TO KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED (THEN TAKE ADVANTAGE ;) ) Oops sorry for the caps lock :$

Re: Realisitically... In general, the higher the buy in, the higher the standard of play .... when you get to something like a $1200 buy in online WSOP final, then you'll probably have professionals in the field!!!! But you'll also get your muppets at all levels!!! I think the thing to bear in mind is that most satellites offer NO added value .... just the opportunity for players with limited bankrolls to have a shot at the big time ...... I personally NEVER play standard satellites, but focus on the added WSOP package games - I reckon I have a chance greater than 20% each year of WSOP main event when adding all my chances together - I EXPECT to qualify in the next few years, and probably through a freeroll!!! The one I forgot to mention earlier was the PokerSatellites WSOP Freerolls - for 50 raked hands (though none at the moment!! They seem to set the rooms up wrong!!) you can get into the weekly final on Sundays .... one in 5 from the weekly finals go through to the overall final at the end of may - there are currently 30 in the overall final (including loads of PL'rs!!) - expect a final in May with about 100 players in contention for a $12,000 WSOP package!!!!! This is the kind of event that gives you a REAL chance of going to WSOP (assuming everyone is equal in ability, about a 1% chance in the final, JUST for this event!!!)