NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2

Can you believe those finishes!!! Great games,unlucky looks.AArrgghhh!!! Well played Dingotech and CP,Great stuff.
The late scores in both games has ruined my little excitement bets with the 1-12 margins, but I guess I did get my excitement :lol Nice call on the Brisbane game and I'm glad I stayed away from any serious bets. Luckily the Tigers scored just 20pts so the main bet of the night won.

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2 I'm gonna put these here now as i'm busy the rest of the Weekend. Sharks vs Souths Souths just look to good to me at present,I have no margin but I would'nt go tipping the Bunnies to win by 13 + in to many matches,Plain and Simple,Souths to win and if you were clever you would of bet on them on Wednesday when they opened at $2. 10/10 Dragons vs Cowboys. Dragons have Head back and Hornby may play but I still can't see the Dragons getting the money here,Nth Q's forwards have beenj very good and wiuth Thurston,both Bowens and Bowman marking Cooper it's hard to see where the Dragons can strecth the Cowboys,Cowboys -3.5. 9/10 Storm vs Warriors Very hard match to pick here,the Storm while winning are not playing as good as last year at present while the Warriors look very solid,could possibly be the upset of the round,BUT I will give Melbourne the benefit of the Doubt as they are at Home and even playing less than perfect they have won both their opening matches,Storm 1-12,no stake,just excitement. SUNDAY Bulldogs vs Titans For Bozz sake I hope the Doggies win here but I have seen nothing to suggest that the Dogs are any better than I thought they would be.The Loss of Myles and Asotasi combined with losing SBW for awhile is very bad for the Dogs,in fact Myles and Asotasi not Mason and O'Meley were the cornerstones of the Dogs forward power and without them they are no where near as strong,the Titans while small in the forwards have been in both their matches to date and have hung close,sometimes from errors from the side they are playing but mainly through commitment.I can see the Titans going very close here,they have more smarts in their side than the Dogs and I am more than happy to give the Titans the start.Titans +8.0. 8/10 Roosters vs Manly I don't have much faith in this game either but for excitement purposes I rate Manly as being stronger through the forwards and they have good finishes in the backs,they have more speed than the Roosters,but the Roosters must be hurting and could perform better this weekend,I still think Manly have enough to win and i'll back them in a thriller,Manly 1-12,no stake just for excitement. I do have a view on the Raiders/Knights match but that can wait til Monday,Good Luck to all with your selections this weekend,hopefully no more golden points.

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2 Had a multi last night on Western Force straight out, Parra straight out, Broncs straight out. Stayed up till 4 watching the replay on Fox. My god, how did Penrith do that? Still can't believe how good those 2 games were. Afl sucked last night, boring game to start off the year.

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2 Tips for tonight are Souths and NQ. From NRL website: Cronulla may yet be at full strength for Saturday's NRL match with South Sydney after injured trio Adam Dykes, Lance Thompson and Brett Pomeroy all completed training today. That wont phase me, Bunnies to win. Not sure about Woolford and his injury but I think he will miss again. Massive out for Dragons who seem to need his assured skills and composure. They didn't know how to play after he went off last week. Lost there Mogo! NQ are running hot again at the start of the year. Too strong.

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2 Quite a few bets for me this weekend.. 2pts Manly -5.5 vs Roosters @1.91[sportingbet] - roosters have looked disgraceful in the opening two matches and manly should cover this margin. 2pts Manly first scoring play @1.75[sportingbet] - roosters attack has been weak struggling to score in the first games and manly with speed all over the park should be able cover this 4pts Newcastle - 6 @1.91[sportingbet] - canberra always going to struggle this year with the loss of experience. newcastle with johns probably back should be an easy win 2pts Cowboys -3.5 @1.91[sportingbet] - cowboys have looked dangerous and the inform team at the moment in my eyes.. hopefully the loss of smith doesnt affect this form. 5pts rabbitohs @(3pts 1.91 2pts 1.87)[sportingbet] - souths have been strong in defence while sharks choked last game. the loss of dykes could go either way. in theory it should benefit the rabbitohs however stats show that sharks play better without both dykes and kimmorley playing. i have also noticed the 12.5 start on sportingbet for teams quite interesting and have played with a few handicaps this weekend.. 3pts wests +12.5/warriors +12.5 @2.03 5pts england tb ireland(cricket)/cowboys +12.5/souths +12.5/manly +12.5 @2.03 3pts england tb ireland(cricket)/cowboys +12.5/souths +12.5/manly +12.5/warriors +12.5 @2.61 5pts cowboys +12.5/souths +12.5/manly +12.5/aus hit most 6's vs bangladesh(cricket) @2.15

Had a multi last night on Western Force straight out, Parra straight out, Broncs straight out. Stayed up till 4 watching the replay on Fox. My god, how did Penrith do that? Still can't believe how good those 2 games were. Afl sucked last night, boring game to start off the year.
I had the same multi but different options, $10 Multi:Force by 1-12,Penrith +5.5,Highlanders 1-12 and the Eels 1-12:cry

And mainly for excitement (as there doesn't appear to be a great deal of good games this weekend), but also because I see some value in it, I've put the following 6 margin selections into 4 folds: Brisbane 1-12 Parramatta 1-12 Cowboys 1-12 Souths 1-12 Storm 1-12 Manly 1-12 Odds all range from 3.10 to 3.35.
I hate 80th minute scores :puke

Jumbo i'm not much off a dogs supporter but i think they'll grind out the win. Good to see Souths stayed under the total.:cheers
Yeah mate I realise that,I read your bit on putting some dosh on them,I think they will win as well,Good Luck:) . Well done to all,Great effort Guys. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Plain and Simple' date='Souths to win and if you were clever you would of bet on them on Wednesday when they opened at $2. 10/10[/quote'] Jumbo, mate, ^^^ THAT is a fcukin classic! :) I got 'em early at $1.90. the 'ol "10/10" rating meant I laid my cash on them early. Nice bit of bunse. The rest is for TV enjoyment/yelling. I am one happy bannana, bru. :nana JPVD. .

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2 Bulldogs win by 1-12 margin Bulldogs have lost their last 2 games and it is pretty uncharacteristic start to the season for them. They are still trying to get their rhythm going and will be up against the competiton new boys who won last week. They have a huge size advantage over the Titans forwards and this should be enough for the Bulldogs to come out in top of a hard fought game Manly win by 13+ margin

Manly are on a good roll and should account for a young and inconsistent Roosters side. Manly has a significant edge in the forwards, and they will use this to set it up for their speedy backs. Manly will be too strong and too quick for them and should win by plenty

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2 I'm on the Gold Coast with 9.5+ start, they haven't been at all bad during the first two weeks of the comp whilst the bulldogs have been deadset average. I would almost be inclined to take them outright but I like having the extra security! I'm also on Manly with -4.5 start. The Goosters have been absolutely sh!thouse in the first two weeks and Manly have looked the goods. Despite Manly missing a number of good players the people filling the gaps are no mugs, hopefully they will cover this with ease. Glad I woke up too late to bet on the Storm game, I would have taken the Warriors with 8.5+. Good luck everybody! :clap

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2 What a nightmare day,Lucky the two main money bets came in s o still an excellent weekend,I've no idea about the Raiders/Knights match,I might post something tomorrow for excitement purposes,Well done to those who won today,frustrating matches but good to watch,see you all tomorrow.

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2 For excitements purposes I am goin to take the Knights 13+ tonite. To be honest I was leaning towards the Raiders but after going through both sides I just can't see any advantage to the Raiders in any positions and in the Forwards the Knights look far stronger than the Raiders,so thats why i'm leaning that way,Good Luck to all whichever way you all go.

Re: NRL Round 3: March 30 - April 2 Canberra Raiders William Zillman, Colin Best, Phil Graham, Marshall Chalk, Adrian Purtell, Todd Carney, Michael Dobson, Scott Logan, Lincoln Withers, Dane Tilse, Glen Turner, Ben Jones, Alan Tongue ©. Subs: Trevor Thurling, Joe Picker, Josh Miller, Neville Costigan, Terry Campese, Craig Frawley (two to be omitted). Newcastle Knights Kurt Gidley, James McManus, George Carmont, Brad Tighe, Adam MacDougall, Jarrod Mullen, Andrew Johns © Josh Perry, Riley Brown, Adam Woolnough, Steve Simpson, Clint Newton, Daniel Abraham. Subs: Terrence Seu Seu, Cory Paterson, Matthew White, Daniel Tolar. They are tonights teams. Knights I think will win but for me it's not really one to be betting on. I'll probably have a go at Alan Tongue to score first, but that's about it. Sorry for no updates on the weekend, but I kind of slept through the games.