CAN 2008 qualifiers (March 24-25)

All picks with (B) are bankers, but analysis only provided for the most confident game of Egypt V Mouritania (Sunday 18:00 GMT). My choice is highlighted in Blue, and the games with no choice are obviously NO BETs

Algeria X Cape Verde Islands Angola X Eritrea (B) Botswana X Burundi Burkina Faso X Mozambique Cameroon X Liberia (B) Chad X South Africa(B) Congo X Zambia Congo DR X Ethiopia (B) Dijibouti X Gabon(B) Egypt X Mauritania (B) Equatorial Guinea X Rwanda Gambia X Guinea Kenya X Swaziland Lesotho X Niger Libya X Namibia Madagascar X Ivory Coast(B) Mali X Benin Mauritius X Sudan Nigeria X Uganda Senegal X Tanzania Seychelles X Tunisia Togo X Sierra Leone Zimbabwe X Morocco

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Egypt V Mouritania

This is the banker of all bankers this weekend, not only in Africa, but over all the games actually, and the bookies have reflected that in offering 1.05 on Egypt to win outright.

This is because Egypt is so strong at home, whilest Mouritania are no good travellers, besides they have next to no international experience at all. Their massive 8-2 win over Somalia last December (in the Arab Cup of Nations qualifiers held in Lebanon) means absolutely nothing, as it came over a nation that not only doesn't have a proper national tam, but is even still internally divided and unable to unify under one government. The participation of Somalia under the circumstances is merely sympolic.

Now, Mido is expendable in the Egyptian frontline. There are way too many quality strikers to cover up for his abscence. I don't even think Zaki will make it, considering his broken nose that left him playing with much caution in the African CL (in which Zamalek got knocked out by Al-Hilal of Sudan)

The frontline due are likely to be Emad Met'eb and Mohammad Zidan. Zidan in particular is very much anticipated to leave a good mark on his international career on this game, considering his goal scoring tally with Mainz, and the relative vulnerability of the guests defence. This should be his type of game.

Other abscentees in the likes of Abu Treika and Wael Gomaa should not matter either, as there are roper replacements to them.

Hassan Shehata, the Egyptian coach, not only managed to build a strong team filled with confidence during the course of 2 years, but he also managed to build a good "strategic reserve" to back it up.

The likes of Ahmad Hassan (Anderlecht) and Hossam Ghali (Tottenham) are well capable of controlling the midfield alone, and Mohammad Sahwqi is the main midfield defender, whom will allow them both to sprint forward and join the attacking force.

Hassan is on a goal scoring tally himself, that I think he maybe able to score 2-3 goals alone if he plays the same way he does with Anderlecht.

Alongside the trio I expect Hosni Abd Rabbo to feature as well, adding more solidity to midfield and allowing the defenders to come forward as well.

Ahmad Fathi is most likely set to play not as a midfielder, but as a right winger back. That's what he usually does with the national team, and he will offer support for the frontline by some crosses and a few shots as well.

Not sure whom will play as a left defender, eventhough I personally fancy Sayyed Moawwad, but also Farag Sahalabi could very much do the same job.

Central defenders could be ANY two from the listed defenders, bar Sayyed Moawwad. I would like to see Ibrahim Said alongside Amir Azmi, but really.. any given duo could d a proper job.

The Mouritanians obviously -an that was shown in their friendly against Libya- do not enjoy a strong offence, and will be relying on condencing their defences to come back with minimal losses.

Ali Fargani, the Algerian coach has -at least- made them look lik a team, but far from being a professional team still.

Anything up to Egypt -3 A.H. with odds of 1.80 or more is a bargain.

P.S. Pinnacle have Egypt -3 A.H. @ 1.893 which will most probably be my pick

Re: CAN 2008 qualifiers (March 24-25) Out of 19 predicted games 13 came in, 2 went astray, 2 postponed/cancelled and 2 yet to be played. (13 out of 15 so far isn't bad, is it??) *LOL* My main pick is about to kick off.. Egypt V Mouritania... will keep you updated.

Re: CAN 2008 qualifiers (March 24-25) Own goal in minute 22 .. Hossam Ghali controls the ball well inside the area from the right, passes it into the 6 yards across to Met'eb, and the Mouritanian defenders gets to it first, but -unfortunately for him- he puts it into his own net. Egypt 2-0 after 23 minutes

Re: CAN 2008 qualifiers (March 24-25) 2-0 Endof 1st half. Egypt totally dominant, and are looking for a 3rd goal, but sometimes they are too overconfident they slow down the play. Zidan & Ahmad Hassan are the most active players, and El-Hadary (keeper) we could've done without as his role -so far- is to watch the game from within the pitch.

Re: CAN 2008 qualifiers (March 24-25) Thank you, dj. I aim to please! *LOL* I now hope Egypt can clear the handicap for me (-3) as this is my main game of the weekend. Actually, let me put it this way.. I nearly covered my stakes from the previous games and am at evens now. Egypt game brings the real win, and it could be up to +89% of the initial bank! So, it's either a BIG win or a stalemate for me (collectively)

Re: CAN 2008 qualifiers (March 24-25) Met'eb sent off in injury time (2nd yellow), and a not so appealing second half overall. The players simply feared for their legs, yet Met'eb in particular throw away -at least- 3 scoring opportunities! So, Egypt wins with much ease, yet I get nothing in return!