Super 14 Rugby Week 8 ..

Re: Super 14 Rugby Week 8 .. Well what do we like then: Blues - Waratahs. I have -14 available here and I think Blues can win this one very comfortably. The handicaps are as big as 18 at some bookmakers and I must admit whether it is 14 or 18 points, the handicap is quite big for a Super 14 game. But I see why the books have gone this big. The Blues are playing well at the moment while the Waratahs just have no cohesion in their play. I would not be surprised to see the Blues win this by 20+. I expect Blues to score at least 30 points and the Tahs will do well to get many more than 10. With this in mind, I will consider a bet on Blues -14 at WillHill. Crusaders - Stormers. I have taken the Crusaders -18 here. Again a very big handicap but the Crusaders are a couple of classes above the Stormers. The Crusaders will play with all of their All Blacks including McCaw and Carter. While their AB's will be a little bit rusty, the huge quality gap remains and they should hammer the Stormers in this one who will do very well to keep the game competitive. The Crusaders have a decent bench for this one and we could see two games here. With the Crusaders dominating the first half and building up a 10-15 point lead. The Stormers will start to get a stranglehold as the Crusaders tire but as the subsitutions are made, the Crusaders get back on top and push for the bonus point and take full control again and win by 25. In the other games I fancy the Blues Bulls at 11/8 for the straight win, the Hurricanes to edge out the Lions and the Chiefs to easily beat the Reds. The Sharks against Brumbies will be a very interesting and no doubt entertaining game and I have to decide whether the -9 is too big.

Re: Super 14 Rugby Week 8 .. -14 is a bargain we can't get any more than 18 in NZ which most definitly is not a bargain. The Hurricanes have all their AB's in their forward pack and weepu back at half they should beat the Lions,the Cheifs should beat the Reds but history would tell you they won't,they have only ever beaten the Reds once in Queensland,and the Bulls should beat the Highlanders but i'm leaning towards the Highlanders by 1-12 in margin betting. Crusaders will most definitly beat the Stormers probaly by about 30.

Re: Super 14 Rugby Week 8 ..

Sorry bout that mate.:$
In hindsight should have taken a Blues single as well. Anyway onwards and upwards and to the rest of the games, I have already said why I like Crusaders, I have also taken: Chiefs -8 at Skybet against the hapless Reds. I really expect the Chiefs to win this one easily. The Reds have looked pretty dire when I have seen them and even when they have played well for small periods in games, they have still ended up losing comfortably. The Chiefs come of a decent win last time out and need to pick up a bonus point win to keep any slim hopes of making the top four alive. Hurricanes -5 at Skybet against the Lions. I would not be surprised to see people backing the Lions here as they are a side who always seem to put 110% into any game. I would argue that they always need to play out of their skins as they lack quality but some of their results this year have been very impressive. All South African sides are usually strong at home and the Lions have already beaten the Crusaders this year but if the Canes are to oust the Bulls for that all important fourth spot then this is the sort of game they will need to win and I give them the edge here. A narrow win but enough to cover the handicap, just. In the other two games I fancy Sharks to win but the handicaps or 9 or 10 put me off - will have to think long and hard about that one while I do fancy the Bulls to cause an upset in Otago and I think the 11/8 is a decent price for what is a 50/50 game (actually I would make Bulls slight favourites). Will be interested to hear your views Jumbo and anyone else for that matter. Good Luck all. :ok

Re: Super 14 Rugby Week 8 ..

Well what do we like then: Crusaders - Stormers. I have taken the Crusaders -18 here. Again a very big handicap but the Crusaders are a couple of classes above the Stormers. The Crusaders will play with all of their All Blacks including McCaw and Carter. While their AB's will be a little bit rusty, the huge quality gap remains and they should hammer the Stormers in this one who will do very well to keep the game competitive. The Crusaders have a decent bench for this one and we could see two games here. With the Crusaders dominating the first half and building up a 10-15 point lead. The Stormers will start to get a stranglehold as the Crusaders tire but as the subsitutions are made, the Crusaders get back on top and push for the bonus point and take full control again and win by 25.
Great call on the Crusaders game there Litman :ok , awesome stuff!