Betfair Poker customer support - possibly the worst ever

robilaruk

This is just fecking ridiculous - I asked a very simple question On Thu Mar 08 17:12:51 GMT 2007, Damian Breen wrote: > hello > > Screen name: Robilaruk > > I finished 6th in the Maxim King of Poker freeroll on 6 march and should have been credited with £50 however, my balance has not changed. > > I am wondering when my account will be credited with the money I have won > > many thanks > > Damian and got this APPALLING response - I don't think they even bothered reading my email :eyes Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for betting at Betfair - the world's leading betting exchange. It is a Betfair policy to identify customers as an integrity and security measure. Our checks are completed on a similar basis to those used by a UK bank or secure financial institution. All information is kept and stored securely in line with our privacy policy and the UK Data Protection Act 1998. If you wish to remind yourself of the Betfair privacy policy you can look under "About us" on the Betfair web site. In order to assist us with this security procedure we ask that you send us a photocopy or scan of one document from each of the categories listed below: Personal identification - a copy of one photo ID from the following list: -Passport -Driving license -National Identification card (photographic ID required), -Citizenship certificate Address verification - a copy of one of the following: - Utility bill (less than 3 months old) -Tax bill - Bank statement - (less than 3 months old) Source of payment verification - a copy of one of the following; -Betfair account registered Credit or Debit card (front only) -Credit or Debit card account statement of a Betfair registered card (less than 3 months old) -Bank statement - must have Betfair transaction visible on it (less than 3 months old) PLEASE NOTE: -Please do not send original documents, but rather copies of these documents. -The documents must be clear and legible and have all your usernames or telephone account ID on all documents. If this is not the case processing time may be longer and may result in temporary account suspension. NB: please do NOT include your password in any correspondence -Use the highest resolution available on your fax machine (recommended resolution supported by most machines: 'Photo'). -Please send scans in JPEG or GIF file formats only with a maximum size of 10MB per page. -For your personal security and the integrity of your bank cards please blank out all digits except for the last four of the account and card numbers. Leaving the start and expiry date visible. -Please send documents that state your residential address. Regrettably, documents addressed to a P.O. Box number are unacceptable for validation. In order to confirm that this request is genuine please feel free to call the Betfair Helpdesk. You can find the number by going to "Help" on our website and viewing the details under "Contact us". We will email you confirmation when we validate the documents. This may take up to 48 hours after receipt. Your details can be sent to us by one of the following methods: Fax (UK): 0208 834 8011 Fax (Ireland): 0003531-2921445 Fax (International): +44 208 834 8011 Free Fax (Australia): 1-800 068 593 Email: [email protected] Post: Betfair Verification Waterfront, Hammersmith Embankment Chancellors Road London, W6 9HP United Kingdom If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. As a security precaution we recommend that you use the contact details found on our website for any contact with Betfair. Kind regards, Betfair helpdesk Helpdesk Tel: 0870 0110 444 Helpdesk Fax: 0870 0110 555 Eire Tel: 1 - 800 944 000 Australia Tel: 1- 800 644 738 Free Fax (Australia) 1 - 800 068 593 International: +44 20 8834 8060 This customer services email is sent by Betfair Limited on behalf of one or more Betfair Group companies. Betfair Limited | Winslow Road | Hammersmith Embankment | London | W6 9HP Registered in England and Wales under company number 5140986 The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Betfair ® and the BETFAIR LOGO are registered trade marks of The Sporting Exchange Limited.

Re: Betfair Poker customer support - possibly the worst ever ahhhh corporate bullshit - replied to their gobbledigook and got this response back how the feck do they think I set my betfair account up 3 (4?) years ago how the feck do they think i deposited over the last few years, and why with the poker are they prepared to accept buy-ins and payout on 'normal' games but not this one? this is just bullshit - just really awful Damo > Sorry to sound pendantic > > I am not wanting to make a withdrawal or set up an account - I was just wondering why my winnings from your poker tournamanet had not appeared in my account - its seems a simple enough question > > Look forward to receiving a more positive and thoughtful response > > Kind regards > > Damian Dear Damian, Thank you for your e-mail. The reason why you have not received your winnings yet from the freeroll is due to the fact that you have not yet been KYC checked. We need to conduct a KYC check because unfortunately the freerolls do not have an age verification tool unlike all the other games on betfair poker. Due to this, we need to verify every account that finishes in the money in order to avoid the possibility of paying out an underage player. We do apologise for this inconvenience however please note that this KYC check is only required once and will never be asked for again. As soon as we receive the documents my colleague before me asked you for, we will be able to verify your account and credit you with the winnings. Whilst thanking you for your patience and understanding, we apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries. Kind regards, Simon Zammit Betfair helpdesk Games Helpdesk Tel: 0870 9080 120 Games Helpdesk Fax: 0208 834 8056

Re: Betfair Poker customer support - possibly the worst ever LOL - my point exactly - they don't, its just bullshit IMO how do i open an account without a credit/debit card? I can't, so therefore i have already passed their age verification bollocks - am actually really fecked off by this - all they need to do is check my account themselves, why do i need to prove anything? (when i have already 'proved' it by opening my account years ago?) Damo

Anybody have any idea what "age verification tool" they have on their other games? :unsure

Re: Betfair Poker customer support - possibly the worst ever HAHA... Me too... atleast you got told that it was for age verification on the freerolls I just got the same old pre written answers.... Sorted it out after complaining and 3 phone calls 3 emails and I was pretty peeved.... They should of emailed after the tournament to say that they would need to verify our age. Although I too have had an account with them for a good few years and deposited alot and never been asked the question. Sent 2 forms of ID and everything was worked out... Pissed me off though and I dont think I will be using betfair for anything else other than the maxim and pokerplayer freerolls...