Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals

what about Fajerstads +5.5' date=' or Fajerstads to win with -1?[/quote'] Well I think that Färjestad will win here but surely Mora are no mugs either and have nothing to lose since they were among the last to get a spot in the play-offs. IMO the odds on home win is a joke but you will have to judge for yourself. Färjestad over 5.5 is a better bet in my mind. The home team will be full speed ahead and I think that Mora will be able to get one or two pucks in the net. Best of luck if you go for anything tonight :ok

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bamse' date=' I went for Modo too. When you, G:G and Burran go together, there's no other option in Swedish hockey. :)[/quote'] Cheers Goe News regarding Mora: They will most likely have to play without their most important player Pavel Brendl.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals Some reflections on the first period in the MODO-Timrå game.. MODO started out well and got the 1-0 goal early in the game. They then had two penalties and Timrå equalised in 5 on 3. Strange goal in fact as Wennerberg shot the puck in the back of one MODO player and it bounced off him and into the net. Theres been loads of penalty minutes in the first period and not many chances to play with equal amount of players! MODO's power play is as sad as always I'm afraid.. Timrå have had several chances but Krizan is doing well and saved MODO on almost all chances those chances. But MODO have the 2-1 lead so: :hope

Tough round this evening...Glad I stayed with Modo...:)
Same thought here. Your hours of research and posting paid off once again. Thank you all for a winning bet! :clap:clap:clap

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals No time tomorrow, so I'll post this one now.

EventTimrå - Modo
SelectionModo to win (dnb, excl. o.t.)
Strength10/10
Date10/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning3d match, 1-1 after Modo won at home, 3-2 last match. The matches between these wo have been very close, only small things that have separated them, and I expect nothing else from this one. I still rate Modo higher than Timrå, with more potential, and if they play a few % better this time than last away match, they have a good chance at winning. This reasoning might look thin, but it's really not much more to say, I like getting 2.25 for dnb when I think Modo have at least the same chance of winning as Timrå.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals Timrå - Modo Under 5.5 goals @ 1.76 (Betfair) This bet is getting very obvious now, but I can't look away from it: Timrå are under 17/20 latest, all three H2H's with Timrå as hometeam have ended under, 5/7 total H2H's have ended under, both previous semifinals ended under...And, of course, I expect this one to end under. It's an important match between two even teams, who will give nothing away for free, and although I think Modo will win, I very much doubt we will se more than five goals. Ok, that's it for me this round, GL all :hope

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals I was just browsing odds at Nordicbet and something caught my eye. I won't placing this bet (as i completly lost track of Swedish Eliteserien), but it could be interesting. Timra and Modo played 3 H2H with Timra as hosts. Each time first period ended 0:0. As another 'under' match is expected, there could be some value in 'draw after first period' at 2.76. Plus, Timra drew the first period in 5 out of last 6 home matches. It's seems as an interesting bet to me.

I was just browsing odds at Nordicbet and something caught my eye. I won't placing this bet (as i completly lost track of Swedish Eliteserien), but it could be interesting. Timra and Modo played 3 H2H with Timra as hosts. Each time first period ended 0:0. As another 'under' match is expected, there could be some value in 'draw after first period' at 2.76. Plus, Timra drew the first period in 5 out of last 6 home matches. It's seems as an interesting bet to me.
Agree, 2.76 looks tasty, draw after 1st very likely.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals Mora - Färjestad In this match series the Färjestad are up 2-0 after 4-0 win away and a 5-3 win away. Since the series is best out of 7 games they will have an excellent chance of going to the semi-finals if they win today and have the home game on monday. Everyone knows that Färjestad are the most likely winners of Elitserien 06/07 and that Mora are an able team aswell. Evenso I think that Färjestad will have the motivation to put up a real fight here since the win basically puts them in the semis. Theres no chance of Mora turning around 0-3. Färjestad have been the better team throughout the season winning 4/5 H2H and they are always better in the play offs than in the regular season. They won't let this chance slip. Färjestad @ 1.87 betfair 4/10

What about LHC at Lulea? LHC leads the series 2:0 and if they manage to win today semi is very near (I don't know much of statistics about how many teams turned the series after being 3 games down). In the 1 st match LHC trashed home team with 6:1, at home they drew 2:2 and LHC won by an OT goal. So it's 2:0 now and I expect an away win today although H2H history on Lulea ice doesn't suppurts my oppinion. Any comment of my pick is more then welcome. Thanks. I agree with Bamse about Farjestad, think they are able to sweap Mora. I wasn,t sure only about how do people in Farjestad think of the series with Mora. Do they want to win in streight 4 games, or they want to play a game more at home (to fill up the clubs acount). But after Bamse's write up I am syre they want to take Mora with as less matches as it's possible. GL :ok

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals Timra and Modo both games went Under, and it seems that the third game will probably end with under 5.5! i'll take this one with 1.65! thinkink about Fajerstads win too, or over! what do you think about it Over or win safer?

Timra and Modo both games went Under' date=' and it seems that the third game will probably end with under 5.5! i'll take this one with 1.65! thinkink about Fajerstads win too, or over! what do you think about it Over or win safer?[/quote'] I agree on under in the Timrå-Modo game. Modo plays much tighter in away game and Timrå don't concede or score many goals. Pity that the odds have dropped so much today tho. Färjestad might well shut down Mora's offensive and I don't think the away team will play with as much speed as they do at home. Not easy to say which bet is the best but with this reasoning I'm sticking with the win on Färjestad.

Monday 12 March 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
Färjestad v Mora (18:00 GMT)1.336.508.50103%
HV-71 v Brynas (18:00 GMT)1.804.504.00103%
Linköping v Luleå (18:00 GMT)1.724.504.75102%
MoDo v Timrå (18:00 GMT)1.954.403.65102%

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals MODO - Timrå It's the 4th game of the series and MODO now leads 2-1 after last rounds away win. In all the games there's been a good fight between the teams and some are saying it's "war on ice" with two teams fighting over every square inch of the ice. Evenso I think that MODO have been the better team and now they have broken the curse of the away games. All season along they have been great at home but average at best in away games. The goal in Timrå, shot by Tobias Enström in the 5th (!) period put a stop to this. It must be hard to recover from such a long and tough game but surely it will be alot easier to recover for the winners. MODO now have the edge of playing at home two rounds in a row and if they should win both they are through to the semis for the first time in 4 years. What also speaks for MODO is of course the awesome support they enjoy at home and the fact that they have won 3/3 encounters at home with Timrå this season. In conclusion the pressure is now on Timrå and MODO have the edge after the last win and the two home games they have at hand. MODO @ 1.95 Centrebet 5/10 ________________________________________ Linköping - Luleå The home team have the lead in this series since they have won all 3 games (6:1 away, 3-2 at home after o.t. and 2-1 away). They have shown some qualities in this play-off that we haven't seen all season. Luleå have made the most expensive roster of all teams but they are this far a huge disappointment in the play-offs. Should the home team get an early lead in this game there's a big chance the win can be pretty big for Linköping. Regardless of what the players in Luleå might say they surely know that there's little chance of turning this series around at this stage by winning the 4 remaining games. The bold punter might choose the asian hcp win which is -1 @ 1.96 with Pinnacle but I'm going for the somewhat safer option here eventhough the hcp tempts me. Linköping @ 1.74 bet365 5/10

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals I agree with Bamse on these, will add my two cents: Linköping @ 1.74 (Bet365) 4th leg f the quarterfinals, Linköping are up 3-0 after winning last match away, 2-1. Imo Luleå's chance to stay in this quarterfinal was if they would have won at home, making it 1-2 instead of 3-0. Now this looks to difficult for them, I don't think they believe that they can win 4 straight wins vs Linköping. The home team are very strong atm, and looks like a team that enjoy the playoffs, they have a huge confidence and they aim to win the championship in the end. I don't think they will let Luleå win one match, they will look to close this querterfinal so they can start to prepare for the next stage. I trust Linköping to win this one, and 1.74 may not look very good but It's good enough for me. Modo @ 1.95 (Expekt) 3d leg of this series, Modo are up 2-1 after winning last match away, 4-3 after o.t. Modo onec again fooled me last mathc, despite being up 3-1 they allowed Timrå to come back and get the equalizer, and after tha Modo got the winning goal in the 2n period of the sudden death. This time I think Modo will win within regular time, the home advantage should give them that extra power needed. I insist in saying that Modo are the stronger team, they have better defensive players, better attackers, and, very important, a goalie that looks in better form. 1.95 for Modo in this one looks like a good deal.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals well, it seems i dont have any options but to follow you guys again...may the power be with you... (ekhm, also with Modo & Linkoping) btw..call me an bold punter..or greedy one...going with Pinnys offer btw...pinny also has Mora +2 @ 2.02 any suggestions...can Mora get more dangerous or shall i rather go with over in that one..at 5.5 goals it seems that could be easily crossed - but only if Mora decide to cooperate with some goals

btw...pinny also has Mora +2 @ 2.02 any suggestions...can Mora get more dangerous or shall i rather go with over in that one..at 5.5 goals it seems that could be easily crossed - but only if Mora decide to cooperate with some goals
Here's my answer, I go for over. Färjestad - Mora Over 5.5 goals @ 1.83 (Pinnacle) 4th leg of this quarterfinal, Färjestad are up 3-0. Färjestad at home usually equals many goals, their goal average was 6.44 during regular season, and the previous quarterfinals at home ended 5-3. Both matches vs Mora at home this season ended over, 8/10 last home games have ended over. Although Mora usually tries to play defensive and very disciplined away, it looks like Färjestad have noe problems dealing with that strategy. Another fact that may speak in favour of over is that Mora has to win this match, they have to score, can't be happy with maybe getting one point as would have been the case if this was not a playoff match. Mora's goalie Pitkänen, who was on fire at the end of the regular season, have looke like a normal goalie these quarterfinal matches, proving that playoffs is a different matter than regular season. I find 1.83 for over worth a try.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals Modo lost 1-2 FT :( Linköping won 5-2 FT :) In all fairness the Modo players looked really slow today and Timrå were great in the first period and scored their two goals. The 2nd period was almost boring to watch and it wasn't until late in the 3rd period that Modo started pushing really hard for the equaliser that never came. This series from the looks of it will be played over 7 games and it's almost impossible to say how it will end. IMO Modo still have the better roster and Timrå are still forced to win once more in Swedbank arena and this is all but easy. Oh, and cheers on the Over 5.5-bet G:G.

Re: Ice Hockey: Swedish Elitserien 1/4-finals HV 71 - Brynäs HV 71 @ 1.77 (Betfair) 5th match, 2-2 in total after HV 71 won last match 2-1. Both teams have won their home meatches, and I think this will continue this evening. 2-1 last match may look close, but HV were in control for most parts, a really good match by Brynäs goalie Kristan kept Brynäs in the match. HV have 4 good lines now that Jämtin is back from injury, Brynäs can't compete with this imo, they only have 3 lines that can match HV. Brynäs looked a bit tired last match, only two days ago, and this evening I don't think they have the strenght to deal with HV as Brynäs have a thinner roster and have to let their best players get a lot of playing time. This series may go to 7 matches, but I back HV to win tonight and get the opportunity to close this quarterfinal next match. Under 5.5 goals @ 1.85 (Expekt) Last match ended 2-1, with Brynäs playing very defensive, I don't think they will change that tactic as they can't match HV with speed and full front attacking hockey. Brynäs, like i mentioned, don't have HV's depth in their roster, so they have to play smart and try to slow HV down. Brynäs goalie Kristan will of course have to play really well again, last match he only allowed 2 goals from 39 shots. If he comes close to a saving % like that this evening, under will work, I don't think that Brynäs will be able to score more than 2 goals.

Friday 16 March 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
Brynas v HV-71 (18:00 GMT)2.554.202.30107%
Timrå v MoDo (18:00 GMT)2.004.253.20105%