** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2)

Elitserien

Saturday 24 February 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Färjestad v Skellefteå AIK (14:00 GMT)1.505.004.70108% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line - - -Total GoalsCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score
HV-71 v Frölunda (14:00 GMT)1.934.703.20105% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line - - -Total GoalsCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap Result
Linköping v MIF Redhawks (14:00 GMT)1.356.006.75106% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line - - -Total GoalsCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap Result
Luleå v Mora (14:00 GMT)1.705.003.60107% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line - - -Total GoalsCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score
MoDo v Timrå (14:00 GMT)1.834.503.40107% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line - - -Total GoalsCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) Switzerland

Saturday 24 February 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
Ambri v Basel (18:45 GMT)1.575.004.63106%
Bern v Servette (18:45 GMT)1.574.804.80106%
Davos v ZSC Lions (18:45 GMT)1.574.804.41108%
Gotteron v SCL Tigers (18:45 GMT)1.904.603.10107%
Lugano v Kloten Flyers (18:45 GMT)1.904.603.10107%
Zug v Rapperswil (18:45 GMT)1.724.803.75106%

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) HV71 - Frölunda The home team hold on to 2nd place in the league and will do everything to hang on to it. The 8 first teams that go to play-offs are all very good but evenso it's a big advantage to be among the 4 first teams in the series. HV71's last 5 are not great with 1 win and two draws but the last two games, draw away against Djurgården and at home against Färjestad showed that they are in decent nick all the same. The away team have placed themselves in a terrible positon and are currently at 11th place despite having a good roster. But a good roster aint all and this has been proved over and over since the first round of the series. In the last 5 games they only have the one win at home against Linköping and have been awful in the other games. Frölunda are still very bad away and don't have the form to win here IMO. HV71 @ 1.95 Nordicbet

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) Färjestad - Skellefteå The home team as always very strong at the end of the season and like HV71 they will do everything to be at the top of the table where they are right now. In the last rounds they have been awesome eventhough the nearly screwed up when they dropped a 5-2 lead away at HV71 in the last round. Still I have to rate them as the strongest team in the series and the only real weak spot is their goalie Henriksson. Skellefteå as Frölunda are in a tough spot and are currently at 10th place. They aren't playing with the same offensive style as they once did and lost the last away game 6-2 against Linköping who had been struggeling up until then. Motivation is on their side for sure but they they don't have what it takes to beat Färjestad, especially not away from home. Four mutuals this season which has ended with Färjestad winning 3 and Skellefteå 1 after OT. Färjestad -1 @ 1.95 Betsafe

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) I told myself that I'll stay away from Hull this weekend, but then I saw the odds. Hull Stingrays are playing at Newcastle (Newcastle Vipers lost 3 in a row and 5 out of last 7 matches). The odds are 5.10 @ Bet365 for Hull's win. These odds are great. I hope that I will have time tomorrow to write a preview, but I'm definitely going with Hull again.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) Ambri-Piotta - EHC Basel 1.57@Ladbrokes 5/10 The first game in the playouts. Kind of like a playoff but the looser will end up in Nationalliga B. I'm expecting Ambri to beat Basel here. Ambri isn't that bad of a team. They had a chance to reach the playoff for quite a long time but couldn't pull it off. Instead Basel awaits them in the playouts. Basel are really poor away. 1-1-20 and almost 5 goals conceded/game is very bad. Both meetings between these two in Ambri has ended with a homewin. 2-1 and 6-3. Basel actually won both games at home, but they're a whole different team on home ice. However Ambri has to look out for Basels new player Steve Larouche. He has 88 points in Nationalliga B this season. This home game is crucial for Ambri and a win is needed. I think they'll handle a poor Basel side here.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) I think HV71 HW is a good option for today. I'm on it following Bamse. The other Elitserien games seem to be quite unpredictable or poor value. Maybe it's worth backing Timra for that huge odds because I don't think MoDo is such a clear favourite here. They both have a place in play-off, so they have nothing to play for if I'm not mistaken. This match can end either way.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2)

I think HV71 HW is a good option for today. I'm on it following Bamse. The other Elitserien games seem to be quite unpredictable or poor value. Maybe it's worth backing Timra for that huge odds because I don't think MoDo is such a clear favourite here. They both have a place in play-off, so they have nothing to play for if I'm not mistaken. This match can end either way.
Apart from the game in Luleå Timrå have not been scoring much lately. Modo is quite the opposite, at least at home where it's an all out offensive. The trouble is that the defense has been bad in the last rounds which worries me. This match might swing either way but I will be very surprised if Timrå won here.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) I think HV71 is not a good option today.Because,HV71 is 2nd and Frolunda is battle for play-off.More,HV71 is better away and Frolunda is good away.If HV71 loss this game,they stand at 2nd place if my statistic is good?Here is evrything possible,i will go on Frolunda...small bet! Good luck!

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) I really don't have much time, but: Hull Stingarys to win (5.10 @ Bet365) This is a match of great importance for both teams. Newcastle is 7th and Hull is 9th with only 4 points apart. The 8th position is the last position that leads to the play-offs. Newcastle lost last 3 matches. They lost twice to Sheffield and once to Belfast. They scored only 3 goals, but expected a little bit more, especially against out-of-form Belfast. This year they have played 7 home matches and and lost 4 of them (they lost to, among the others, lastly positioned Edinburgh). Newcastle Vipers are an average team, capable of good home performance, but capable of blunders also. They have played 21 home matches this season and won 10 of them, but also lost 10 plus 1 OT loss. I have wrote a lot of Hull Stingrays lately and you all know by now that they are a young, fast-skating, inexperienced team. They had a great weekend and collected 4 points. on Tuesday, they played at Cardiff and Cardiff did a great performance in first period taking the early lead. They were leveled in the second and third periods, but Hull was again scoreless. At the end, they received the second goal in last couple of minutes. They performed good, just not good enough for Cardiff that day. Newcastle will attack strong in first period and if Hull will manage to keep them away this match could bring a lot of value to 5.10 bet. Newcastle is not a high-scoring team (less than 3 goals at home) and Hull's goalkeeper Bielik allows around 2 goals in last 7 matches he played. This match could be drawish, so you might want to follow G:G's advice on +1,5 or DNB:hope Links are at: http://www.europeanicehockey.blogspot.com/ Good luck everyone:hope

Ambri-Piotta - EHC Basel 1.57@Ladbrokes 5/10 The first game in the playouts. Kind of like a playoff but the looser will end up in Nationalliga B. I'm expecting Ambri to beat Basel here. Ambri isn't that bad of a team. They had a chance to reach the playoff for quite a long time but couldn't pull it off. Instead Basel awaits them in the playouts. Basel are really poor away. 1-1-20 and almost 5 goals conceded/game is very bad. Both meetings between these two in Ambri has ended with a homewin. 2-1 and 6-3. Basel actually won both games at home, but they're a whole different team on home ice. However Ambri has to look out for Basels new player Steve Larouche. He has 88 points in Nationalliga B this season. This home game is crucial for Ambri and a win is needed. I think they'll handle a poor Basel side here.
Ambri-Piotta - EHC Basel 3-2 FT :cow Fort Knox-style:ok

Hull won 3:2:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
Great one, once again !!! I split my bet according to what I wrote, but with odds 2.10, 3.10 and 5.10...I can live with going the secure way! Cheers, CBG :cheers

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) Sunday: 2. Bundesliga. Wolfsburg - Dresdner Eislöwen Wolfsburg were one of the teams in the middle for a long time but started to climb a while back and are now on 3rd place with 90pts (two pt behind Bremerhaven at 2nd and one game less played). They have recorded 8 wins and 2 draws in the last 10 games. In the last few games they have defeated Kaufbeuren 5-1, Crimmitschau 4-1, Regensburg 3-2 and have draws against such teams as Bremerhaven and Landshut. The reallly impressive stuff has been in the last two rounds where they have defeated the 1st place Kassel away 6-0 and also Moskitos Essen away by 6-2. Their form is without match the best in this league. The Dresden team are at 10th place with only 6 wins in the last 20 games. In the last 6 games they have 2 wins and four losses. The wins came against the mediocre team Kaufbeuren and the last placed team Lausitzer so they are of no value IMO. Wolfsburg have really shown that they can crush any team with the form they have now and I see nothing but a big win here! I was waiting for the handicap odds to come but I think that the straight win is just as tempting. Wolfsburg @ 1.730 Pinnacle 7/10

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) Herning - Nordsjaelland Under 6 goals @ 1.66 (Bet365) Third leg in this quarterfinal series, Herning are up 2-0, won 3-2 away and 2-0 at home. i think this pattern will repeat itself, as Nordsjaelland's only chance to beat Herning would be playing very defensive and hoping to counterattack and get enough goals to win. This is the gameplan they have used so far, and it has worked ok, but of course not perfect. Nordsjaelland were close last round, and if they can sharpen their counterattacks just a bit, they can actually get a win in this matchup. No 1x2 odds appeals to me, but under looks like a wize move here. Sönderjyske - Rödovre Under 5.5 goals @ 2.10 (Ladbrokes) These two teams are very even, with Sönderjyske having a slight edge imo. Rödovre have somehow picked up the form they lost all together the final part of the regular season, and have played well and fought hard the first two legs. Despite this, Sönderjyske are up 2-0, 2-0 at home and 3-2 after ot. away. Like in the reasoning for Herning I think we will see the same pattern, but for different reasons: Both teams have problems to score, have solid goalies and plays a rather defensive minded hockey. I find it hard to predict a winner here, I think Rödovre will win at least one match in this series, but if its this one? Don't know. 2.10 for unders holds pretty good value, thats my choice again. Odense - Esbjerg Under 5.5 goals @ 2.15 (Bet365) The first two legs have ended with away wins, Esbjerg 5-0 and Odense 3-2 after o.t. I don't think we will see a similar game to the last home game for Odense this time, Odense will for sure not play as sloppy in their defensive zone, and by now they know that they can't underestimate Esbjerg, if they do they will be out of the playoffs sooner than everyone expected. My prediction is that Esbjerg will try to slow down Odense and play very careful, defensive hockey, always at least 3 guys covering up and behind the puck. Odense will and must take the initiative, but if Esbjerg can keep them from scoring right away they too might get careful, thinking more about not making mistakes than scoring. The best scenario for this bet would be if Esbjerg got the lead, cause they are pretty good at defending their lead and shutting down Odense.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) Växjö - Björklöven Under 5.5 goals @ 1.90 (Bet365) First leg in the series that holds a place in the qualification series for the winning team. Växjö was struggling for a long time, but finally got their act together and finished at 6th place. Björklöven were contenders for top three for quite a big part of the season, but lost form and finished at 5th place. The main reason for Växjö's upward trend is good goalkeeping and a defence that have got their act together in a impressing way. Björklöven, on the other hand, have had problems scoring lately, but they haven't allowed many either, andI'm not counting their matches vs Huddinge and Hammarby now, as they have little comparability to this match. To sum this up: I predict a cose game, with two teams not giving away anything, as this match is very important, and I think the result will be something like last 2 H2H's: 1-2 or 0-2. Nyköping - Västerås Västerås @ 2.10 Betsafe First leg of playoffs. Nyköping were really close to not qualifie for playoffs, but beat Almtuna in the last round, 3-2 and made it to 7th place. The happy ending apart, I have to say that Nyköping is not in good form, 2-0-3 last 5, the other win was vs incredably weak Arboga at home, 3-1. Last ten are 3-1-6, which show their form towards the end of thi season, it's strange that they could reach playoffs, no credit tot he other teams, AIK and Almtuna, imo. Västerås did not make it to the 3d place, but have hd a good season nevertheless, and Nyköping should fit them perfectly, they are up 3-0 against Nyköping this season, and if they play like they have for a long while and according to their capacity, they will beat Nyköping.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) JESENICE - VILLACH What about this match?For me is this BANKER 95%! Why?Jesenice is in great shape,i write some good things about Jesenice.I write that,Jesenice are playing first year in EBEL LEAGUE and if we look the table,then we find Jesenice in 4th place,wich is leading in play-off.They have 2points advantage on Wienna Capitals,that was a last match beetwen this two teams and Capitals was leading 3:0 first period and i think Jesenice going to losse this match,but the colective game and confidence was a key of winning this match 3:4.Jesenice are at home more dangerus,they beat Villach 3times at home once in extra time,but i think today is a clear home win.Why?Willach is 2nd and have nothing to losse,even if win or losse.But Jesenice need points for secure the 4th place,even more if Linz lossing today,then will this two teams have a 58points.I think,today we will see a great hockey and a home win.FOX,PARE,RODMAN,PRETNAR,TERLIKAR,VARL,KRANJC,REBOLJ,HOCEVAR and company are ready for Villach. MY TIP: HOME WIN 2.2 (BWIN) UNDER/OVER 5.5 = OVER GOOD LUCK!

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) Jesenice to win first period (2.50 @ Paddy Power) This bet became a routine for me whenever Jesenice are playing at home. Jesnice did draw in first periods of last 2 home matches, but in last 9 home matches they have won first period 7 times. Their goal diff. in first period of last 9 home matches is 19:4. Villach has 1 win, 2 draws and 4 loses in first periods of last 7 away matches, with goal diff. 2:8. They've played 6 H2Hs this season and Jesenice won the first period 4 times. In 2 matches in October they played a draw.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) Cardiff Devils to win +1.5 (1.90 @ 10bet) Sheffield is 2nd placed and they won last 8 matches. But their form is decreasing. In last 4 matches they won over Newcastle (team in crisis), Belfast (also in crisis, goal diff. in last 4 matches 6:24), Manchester (7th placed, in decent form) and Basingstoke (Basingstoke had the 2:0 lead 10 minutes to go but Sheffield managed to take the match to the penalty shootout). They won with one goal margin in 6 of last 8 matches. Sheffield also have flu problems with 3 or 4 players questionable for tonight (they were sick yesterday but played anyway - I don't think they'll be able to play this match). One of those players is Rod Sarich (10 goals + 31 assists this season) who is important part of the team. Cardiff is 5th team in the league (4 points behind Sheffield and 3 matches less played). I've wrote so much about their roller-coaster form lately and I'm not going to repeat myself. To summon it up: if they are having an 'up' day, they can easily beat anyone, but if it's 'down' day, they couldn't beat the worst teams. They are having more 'up' days lately. They have won last 3 matches: Edinburgh (although last team in the league, gives a lot of troubles to all teams), Hull (very tight match, but Cariff was stronger team) and Coventry (league leader, they didn't stand a chance against Cardiff's storming performance). Cardiff +1.5 @ 1.90 is a great bet.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues: (24-25/2) Nottingham Panthers to win (3.45 @ Bet365) I don't understand these odds. Newcastle is 8th and not in a good form. Nottingham is 4th and in a good form. Newcastle lost 4 in a row: Belfast (last Belfast's win), Sheffield twice (at the time best form team in the league) and Hull (Hull is only 2 points behind them now). Newcastle's performances weren't brilliant and it reflected on the scores. They are an below average team with some surprising victory now and then. This match is a must for them, because their place in play-off is endangered. Nottingham, on the other hand, has 9 wins in last 12 matches. They have lost only to Coventry (1st) and Sheffield twice (2nd). Nottingham played at Newcastle twice this season and won both times. Shmyr is back in the team after suspension and was in a great form last night.