Is this right - Paradise to Spodds cash transfers

msaban

Ive got no cash in paradise at the moment, so thought I'd play the safetly net to see if I could earn some and build it back up. I came 37th and won $1. I checked the cashier and fair enough $1 in my account. Logged out and out of interest logged in Sporting Odds - balance showed 0.99, which suprised me as I thought you could jump between the two and take your cash with you. Logged straight back out and into Paradise - balance now showing 0.98 Ok, its not major money, but I wonder how many people jump between the two and get charged 0.01 for everytime, and more importantly how many times I have done it and been unknowing charged for the transfer. Surely both companies must use the same back end server to store your balance for it to be so quickly available on both appplications.So why the charge ? The cashier doesnt record this transaction. Is that right ? Doesnt seem so to me. I'm not that tight that I'm going to start whinging about losing a couple of cents, but surely a discussion point.

Re: Is this right - Paradise to Spodds cash transfers I think it depends when you look, I'm guessing your sporting odds account is in Sterling. Every time you log in, it converts it to dollars, with the prevalent exchange rate at the time. It's just as feasible that you could log in and find you have got $1.01 Conversely, my old Paradise account was in dollars, so the balance would remain constant, however if I decided to put it back to my bank account would be subject to the exchange rates at the time, so more than likely would have been more or less than the sterling equivalent at the date of my last poker transaction.

Re: Is this right - Paradise to Spodds cash transfers Understand what your saying Daz, as this is what I thought initially, however if that was the case, then I would have expected the Paradise account to have still shown $1, but it had dropped. I'll log back in a bit and try it again

Re: Is this right - Paradise to Spodds cash transfers What I'm saying is that if you're not logged into the poker software and used Sporting Odds website I'm guessing it shows you have a balance of say 51p. Every time you log into the software it converts that 51p into dollars at the current exchange rate ie if rate was $1 = £1, then your poker balance would show as $0.51, if the rate was $2 = £1, then your poker balance would show as $1.02. I think on the odd rare occasion I may have lost 1p or gained 1p when the currency conversion rounding has been applied to my balance. In short, your sterling balance will remain unchanged, but your poker balance will go up and down depending on the exchange rate, at the time you log into the poker software.

Re: Is this right - Paradise to Spodds cash transfers yeah that makes sense. Just suprised that in a matter of minutes the $ balance would change between the two front end apps 3 times; 1 - 0.99 - 0.98, despite the same cashier and assume the same conversion rate. I tried it again and there was no change this time, so will drop the conspiracy theory .......this time :) Cheers for your responses. Mike

Re: Is this right - Paradise to Spodds cash transfers Think you boys have cleared this up yourselves. There are different exchnage rates in Boss, Sportingodds + Paradise and sometimes balances will be slightly diffent as you move money between them. Generally you should never actually lose any actaul cash but i suppose with decimal places you may get a 1c/1p swing every now and again - if your bankroll can't handle it let me know and i'll have the difference credited :-) However, there is definitley no charge for money cash around with the site. Joe