Server computers and their respective ransom sequences

pifco

Hi, I've been playing on line for about 3 years now on various sites around the world. I've noticed in this time; various differences in random sequences from differnent sites. For example:- On full tilt, if you are playing several games at once and your luck is low - it tends to be on all the games you are playing. When it changes to the good it tends to do it across all your games while on other sites like Mansion, VC, Virgin and such it doesn't. They seem to treat each game different and the randomness of good\bad hands doesn't cover all your games that your playing. Is it possible that a computer selects a player and will use the same sub routine across all the games he plays simultaniously or are all the computers running the same random routines? Thoughts please.

Re: Server computers and their respective ransom sequences Surely you cant select something or someone that is random. That doesn´t make sense????? Selecting a player/computer and using random sub routines????? I might not be very computer literate, but these statements of yours just dont make sense to me. Please explain further?

Re: Server computers and their respective ransom sequences Sounds very unlikely to me. It would be much simpler to use the random number generator to deal the cards, um, randomly. So I can't see any reason why they'd do this. Human beings are very good at spotting patterns, even when they don't really exist. There have been lots of experiments where people have been asked to pick out sequences (of heads and tails, etc.) that are not random, and they consistently choose the ones that have fewer obvious "patterns" (streaks of heads or tails, etc.) than you'd expect to occur by chance.

Re: Server computers and their respective ransom sequences Obviously the computer uses a random number generator for each individual game, That generator is trying to replicate number sequences as close to real life as is possible. That should be the underlying rule across the board when playing several games at once. I wasn't asking the question in paranoiya by the way. It was just that I noticed on FT that when I was playing several games at once that changes in my hold cards from good to bad and vice versa seemed to happen simultaneously. Noticed this on several occasions. You may be correct about them being totally random in each respective game but the fact of the matter is I have won tournaments which I have played simultaneously acting on input received from the other games. Could it mean that the random sequences from the generators are too alike? Is that a possibility or is this just coinsidance?

Re: Server computers and their respective ransom sequences

I wasn't asking the question in paranoiya by the way.
Sorry, I was just being silly. Didn't mean to accuse you of paranoia. But I do suspect you're detecting "patterns" that are just random fluctuations. Not that you're paranoid, but just that it seems to be human nature to do so. I'm involved with a bridge club, and a few years ago we started using computer generated hands. After a few weeks, there were loads of people coming to me saying that the hands didn't seem to be really random ... including some who said that North/South got significantly better hands ... and others who said that East/West got significantly better hands. These were not dishonest or paranoid people: it just really is easy to convince yourself that there's a bias when the idea gets into your head.

Re: Server computers and their respective ransom sequences

Sorry, I was just being silly. Didn't mean to accuse you of paranoia. But I do suspect you're detecting "patterns" that are just random fluctuations. Not that you're paranoid, but just that it seems to be human nature to do so. I'm involved with a bridge club, and a few years ago we started using computer generated hands. After a few weeks, there were loads of people coming to me saying that the hands didn't seem to be really random ... including some who said that North/South got significantly better hands ... and others who said that East/West got significantly better hands. These were not dishonest or paranoid people: it just really is easy to convince yourself that there's a bias when the idea gets into your head.
Thanks for the reply, you may be quite correct in your conclusion that sometimes these sequences appear less than random at times. I will keep this in mind in the future. You know the saying tho what people come out with sometimes 'FT BS again' lol.