Advice please??

mcarthur11

I played in the Sporting Odds poker league last night, only my first month in the tourney, but have played NL for ages. I want advice on whether i was correct to play this hand, as it got one player annoyed.... i'm in big blind, very early in game - 15 - 30 blinds, to my left is the short stack about 500 chips left to my 2000. everyone folds to us, so he raises the big blind upto 100, i have Q9 suited and think he is trying to steal so re-raise upto 250. He goes all in for his last 400 odd, and i decide to call. he shows JJ, i hit my 9 and another card for my flush on the flop, and then get runner - runner to knock him out. he types in 'king good call.... was i wrong? or did i have to call? please advise

Re: Advice please?? Just my opinion but you played the hand horribly and got lucky, you misread him and risked 1/4 of your stack on a rubbish hand. He was probably well chuffed when the hands were turned over and very annoyed to get beaten that way, but it's not the worst comment he could have made in that situation. Myself in his situation... 'That's Poker'.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.