After A Break From Poker

daftpegasus

I know a number of people on this site, like myself, have taken a break from poker recently. I'm on the point of return as the buzz of wanting to play has been eating away at me for the last month (having not played in 3 months). I quit playing for a number of reasons both poker related and personal, but the poker related reasons were that I was playing too much (every night) and getting very frustrated with the number of muppets that I played against. My normal game was a low value/free roll MTT. Now - I'm looking for advice (particularly from those who've taken a break) Did you come back and play the same types of game as before? If so how did you find them? i.e. did you love it because you were playing poker again and were refreshed, or, did you quickly grow tired of playing again? Did anyone come back but change their game completely? If so how did that go?

Re: After A Break From Poker :welcome back DP! I have not had a break from Poker, only been playing just over a year, but I know what you mean. The standard of play can be appalling at the low levels and freerolls especially (and I have been guilty of playing like a muppet too just because I want to double/triple up quickly having watched others succeed in this manner). I think trying higher level buy-ins will improve the overall standard of play at say the $20 buy-in level maybe lower but you WILL still get muppets, lucky outdraws etc. I intend to try higher level buy-ins to try this out myself as frustration leads to bad play which leads down the path of large losses! Blew a small chunk of money over Christmas because of this but realised I had changed my game and was playing an awful game! Clawing my way slowly back up! Not much help I'm afraid. Hopefully the answers you get from others who have been in your situation will be more helpful! GL :ok