** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Handball - WC - Men

Re: Handball - WC - Men

no bet....i read that there is a fight against coach team an hanball association...and that this are probably last games of their coach that is only reason why i wont bet...but they are complete for this game
maybe thats a big bet factor - dont know your situation, but if the players love the coach, they will do absolutelly anything to win today - motivational factor..

SportHandball
EventGermany v France
Selectionover 51.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date01/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningReally like this sort of totals. IMO the margin is set so low just because of the last game which France played ag. Croatia. Well i cant see keepers (with all respect to Omeyer and Fritz) to repeat that kind of performance. Also Germans sre known for their fast finishing of attacks. Both teams aslo have good outside shooters (look out for Hens) and with the 5-1 formation, if they are succesful from outside, there are always good posibilties for trhe wings (Kehrmann and Abalo) to score some easier goals. Expecting very physical game, Germans have proved that they are very tough cookie, playing sometimes very dirty...and also they will have the help of the judges (as against Spain), so i see a lot of 2 mins penalties, and the chances to score goals.

Re: Handball - WC - Men What a match by Germany ... I never saw a Handball match like this before! A pure crime with 2 overtimes and lot of action on the court. Had never a look to Handball but after this match I´ll have a look on this sports - great... unbelievable :clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: Handball - WC - Men Poland v Germany Now then the final and maybe the perfect end to a nice piece of handball history of the German team. Self-confidence and hype couldn't be higher and I actually expect that they make the last big step tonight. Of course Poland beat Germany in the first game but I don't think Germany fear any opponent at the moment. The defeat shall warn them not to take this rare opportunity to claim the top. Poland is for sure an excellent handball team but I'm so convinced of the German team, maybe too much.. you have to beat Denmark at first. I'm glad I missed Gemany in the semi-final, the overtime thriller was so close actually. Germany -1.5 HC 1.8 betfair

Yes McFly' date=' but everybody in Europe talking about two little man in yellow suits in every match and their nice job for hosts. Sorry, but I think whole Europe tomorrow will cheering for Poland.[/quote'] Poor people who think in this way! The ref's do their job like in all the other championships and you shouldn't forget their role in France 2001 if you want to compare here! The home court was, is and will be an advantage everytime equal in which country the games are played! And if the home team is a good one so the chance of winning is very high. So don't be stupid and smell any plot here! I only see unfair reproaches by some nations at the moment. :moon

Yes McFly' date=' but everybody in Europe talking about two little man in yellow suits in every match and their nice job for hosts. Sorry, but I think whole Europe tomorrow will cheering for Poland.[/quote'] Watched some games -not all tbh- and couldn't make up advantages for the host. On the other hand do I think that most teams don't complain heavily if they were disadvantaged. Failure is human and thus to find in any sports.

Tip Detail
SportHandball
EventGermany - Poland
SelectionPoland (inc.draw) full time excluding overtime
Strength10/10
Date04/02/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.27 (Back)
ReasoningAfter what I have seen during these World Championship I just don't believe that Germany is such a big favourite here.Ok they are playing at home and will have crowd on their side but Polish team is just great here.They are motivated big time to win the championship.They were fighting like hell for their wins against Russia and Denmark.Two great goalkeepers Szmal who was great against Russia saving two penaltys in the last minutes and Weiner who played amazing game against Denmark.In the fiald Poland has great players like Bielecki, Lijewski, Jurasik, Tkaczyk who are just amazing at this tournament.In Poland handball is not so popular sport so Polish team is playing not only for a Championship but also for a great future for Polish handball.For sponsors, for money, for Olympics, this match means everything for them and they will do everything to beat Germany.German team is so confident that they will win this one that it's just funny for me.They don't know what awaits them.I watched all Poland games and few games of Germany and I don't believe that hosts should be such favourited here.All in all this is final game and anything can happen.Good luck.

Re: Handball - WC - Men Poland - Germany 24-29 Germany took full advantage of playing as a host, adding some bad luck for our team (>3posts, >3crossbars) and many turnovers (which I haven't seen that much in our team watching all the games together). Polish coach said that "we lost the game in our heads" and I fully agree with that.